+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chest scars experience - Tb scars

Ricky.singh.525

Dec 17, 2020
Hi friends I want to share my chest scars experience I know many people face this and worried about visa. I applied for Jan 2022 intake. I was also worried about the visa. But after sputum test and 3 repeated xrays I got my STUDY VISA . Now I am in Canada and almost 9 months passed. After reaching Canada I informed about scars to the canada medical team but they said they will contact me soon. But till now they never contacted me and my friends for xray and sputum test in canada. However, I saved call recording so that I can use that as an evidence. Because they didn't asked me for any further test in Canada.

Overall Good experience
All the best
Scars are so normal
Don't worry

AZ.Khan

Mar 9, 2023
That's fantastic. Congratulations. Did you tell IOM physicians that you had TB in the past and was treated?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
That's fantastic. Congratulations. Did you tell IOM physicians that you had TB in the past and was treated?
They know that, that is why the medical surveillance. As the OP said you don't need to contact the provincial doctor, you had to send an email mentioning your address to IRCC which is sent to province and they contact you as per their wait time that could be an year as well.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes, they know it from x-rays, but some still don't tell them. They hide it either knowingly or unknowingly. I personally think that the ethical and responsible thing to do is to tell them about your treated TB history during the medical assessment at the IOM and follow their instructions afterwards. It's ethical.

It looks like they consider all old healed scars as past TB infection whether you tell them or not or whether those scars are from past TB infection or something else.

I had extremely mild cough for a couple of days in 2012, nothing else. I could play a lot of sports, football, cricket, badminton, running, etc. As I am always careful, I consulted my doctors immediately here in 2012, they have checked for TB, digital x-rays, CT scan, etc. They were fine and I had no signs and symptoms of TB. As I said, not even the only cough was persistent, but one doctor still put me on a 6-month course for TB and two other doctors said I shouldn't have taken it because I didn't need it in the first place (I didn't have TB). I think I was misdiagnosed according to x-rays and two doctors, but I took a complete 6-month course anyway on the recommendation of the other third doctor.

I did develop a small scar after the treatment in 2012, I'm not sure if that appeared as a result of antibiotics (the 6-month TB course I took) or something else. Anyway the scar has been 11 years old. I am an Afghan refugee living in Pakistan, I applied as a refugee in May 2022 and had medical appointment on 6th March 2023. I told all that I mentioned above during the medical assessment at the IOM. They then requested me to have a sputum test. I gave all 3 samples, each 1 hour apart on 7th March and my next appointment is scheduled for 8th June 2023. It apparently delayed my visa for about 3 months.
Yes I know it is good that you did the process as IRCC will only listen to the panel appointed by them.
Yes that the fact you have to wait for that 3rd month xray and only then your process will resume.