+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheque bounce case in Dubai

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
And you are right now in Toronto ?
Have you cancelled your resident visa and Emirates ID in Dubai or did you leave the country without doing so ?
Yeah i cancelled the visa before i left UAE, i just came across they registered the case last week, i actually came here in March

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah i cancelled the visa before i left UAE, i just came across they registered the case last week, i actually came here in March
Okay, thanks for the information. I would suggest you to consult a lawyer to review your case rather than try and find some use cases not the forum. They “may” be able to guide you better

Reactions: Jahangir1234

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Don't think it will be an issue at the asylum stage but PR and citizenship will likely require PCC. Not sure how long you spent in Dubai but that might add some challenges to your asylum application. Would focus on getting asylum. That will take 1 close to 2 years and the acceptance rate for Pakistani citizens is not very high.
I was in Pakistan but due to the incident happened to me, i left Pakistan immediately and took my family which was in UAE and came here in March, besides in asylum cases does nationality matter the most or the case ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was in Pakistan but due to the incident happened to me, i left Pakistan immediately and took my family which was in UAE and came here in March, besides in asylum cases does nationality matter the most or the case ?
No but nationality factors into the application based on what is the current state of the country or known cultural issues (e.g. genital mutilation). Often CIC was to see families attempt to relocate within their country. Some may not understand what is needed to get asylum and what must be tried before attempting asylum therefore leading to a higher rate of refusal from some countries. Things like family issues are also not usually grounds for asylum.

Reactions: Jahangir1234

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Actually that's what my point is, besides someone told me that since its a civil matter in Canada and considered a minor crime so probably CIC give some consideration towards this matter.. And if someone has gone through the same experience i would appriciate if he guide me according
That's not the issue. The issue is that Dubai won't issue the PCC if you have unpaid loans. Normally CIC won't approve an application without a PCC for all countries where you have lived. .

Recommend you search the skilled worker / express entry sections of the forum for the older threads on this topic.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
No but nationality factors into the application based on what is the current state of the country or known cultural issues (e.g. genital mutilation). Often CIC was to see families attempt to relocate within their country. Some may not understand what is needed to get asylum and what must be tried before attempting asylum therefore leading to a higher rate of refusal from some countries. Things like family issues are also not usually grounds for asylum.
Thank you for your answer
Hoping that CIC would see the genuine facts to consider our case instead of grounds you mentioned above, but your information is indeed very useful and makes sense to understand the current situation.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
That's not the issue. The issue is that Dubai won't issue the PCC if you have unpaid loans. Normally CIC won't approve an application without a PCC for all countries where you have lived. .

Recommend you search the skilled worker / express entry sections of the forum for the older threads on this topic.
Yeah i have gone through the same before and read about it in some other forums too where some have mentioned that CIC considered their justification that why UAE gov is not issuing them PCC, but hopefully while security check these cases will not harm my asylum application?

michaelalbert

Jun 2, 2019
Yeah i have gone through the same before and read about it in some other forums too where some have mentioned that CIC considered their justification that why UAE gov is not issuing them PCC, but hopefully while security check these cases will not harm my asylum application?
Hello! Did you solve this finally? Appreciate an update on what happenned! thank you!

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Don't think it will be an issue at the asylum stage but PR and citizenship will likely require PCC. Not sure how long you spent in Dubai but that might add some challenges to your asylum application. Would focus on getting asylum. That will take 1 close to 2 years and the acceptance rate for Pakistani citizens is not very high.
Which countries have a high acceptance rate @canuck79

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Which countries have a high acceptance rate @canuck79
All depends on circumstances between when the person leaves and arrives in Canada plus any potential citizenships that they might be able to access.
Also lots of variability between in acceptance rates within a country dependent on what religion they belong to, what ethnic group and whether they identify as LGBTQ. Really hard to comment on which countries have high acceptance rates because some countries numbers represent just one group of people and acceptance rates vary as conditions in countries change.

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2018.aspx

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
U dont need pcc being a refugee claimant, but if your claim is approved and pr application is filed cic may ask you for the pcc fromm the countries u stayed more than6 months so that tike u need to obtain the pcc and for that the debts needs to be settled off , fair enough deal u need them to issue a certificate but first give back their money. So u have time to settle of till your acceptance but act fast.
For pakistan cases, if you have got strong evidences to support your claim then u have good chances for claim being accepted
Good luck