+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheque bounce case in Dubai

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Hi,
I just submitted my asylum application in Toronto, i had a credit card and a personal loan in Dubai so the bank bounced the security cheques since i missed the installments and file the police case, I'm wondering if these cases would come back to me or would affect my aslyum case, since I'm jobless for quite long so no point to settle the both liabilities right away. Someone told me that since its a civil matter in Canada so it won't harm my case but, PCC won't be issed by Dubai police unless otherwise cases are settled, I'm really confused and in immense stress due to this, would appreciate your kind advise on this matter
Regards

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
I just submitted my asylum application in Toronto, i had a credit card and a personal loan in Dubai so the bank bounced the security cheques since i missed the installments and file the police case, I'm wondering if these cases would come back to me or would affect my aslyum case, since I'm jobless for quite long so no point to settle the both liabilities right away. Someone told me that since its a civil matter in Canada so it won't harm my case but, PCC won't be issed by Dubai police unless otherwise cases are settled, I'm really confused and in immense stress due to this, would appreciate your kind advise on this matter
Regards
If your case has not been settled it will have a bearing in my opinion

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
If your case has not been settled it will have a bearing in my opinion
Which stage it could be alarming, but if one has some serious life threats back home, still it could creat a problem for mr but i have my all the intentions to clear the debts once find job and have enough to pay them back

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Which stage it could be alarming, but if one has some serious life threats back home, still it could creat a problem for mr but i have my all the intentions to clear the debts once find job and have enough to pay them back
For the immigration purposes you most likely would require the Dubai PCC and since you case registered under your name getting a PCC will not be easy from Dubai.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
For the immigration purposes you most likely would require the Dubai PCC and since you case registered under your name getting a PCC will not be easy from Dubai.
Thank you for reply
Then what you suggest what should i do under the circumstances i mentioned above, there should be some consideration for such cases and even in UAE its being considered a minor crime but still the file criminal case for chq bounce , now wondering if anyone is having the life threat would he settle the loan or save his life first

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you for reply
Then what you suggest what should i do then under the circumstances i mentioned above, there should be some consideration for such cases and even in UAE its being considered a minor crime , since if one having the life threat will he settle the loan or save his life.
Try an apply for a PCC on the Dubai Police website and see if you can get the PCC at the first place.

Reactions: Jahangir1234

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for reply
Then what you suggest what should i do then under the circumstances i mentioned above, there should be some consideration for such cases and even in UAE its being considered a minor crime , since if one having the life threat will he settle the loan or save his life.
Dubai PCCs seem to be a problem if you have unpaid credit cards / loans.

The best option is to pay off whatever is owed in Dubai to clear the record. We've had a few similar cases recently on this forum and I don't believe any of these individuals were able to obtain the PCC until they settled their outstanding loans / debts.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Dubai PCCs seem to be a problem if you have unpaid credit cards / loans.

The best option is to pay off whatever is owed in Dubai to clear the record. We've had a few similar cases recently on this forum and I don't believe any of these individuals were able to obtain the PCC until they settled their outstanding loans / debts.
Thank you so much for your reply
Normally at what stage we need PCC, since i just submitted my asylum appication at etobicoke office and they called up for eligibility interview after 3 weeks, and what happens if we later on tell them the fact and reason why Dubai gov is not issuing that certificate ? Since I'm jobless at present and not able to clear the debts right away, will surely start paying back once will get the job.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your reply
Normally at what stage we need PCC, since i just submitted my asylum appication at etobicoke office and they called up for eligibility interview after 3 weeks, and what happens if we later on tell them the fact and reason why Dubai gov is not issuing that certificate ?
I don't know at what point the PCC is required.

I know we have seen a few cases on this forum where individuals were applying for PR through an economic stream like express entry and could not get a Dubai PCC because of outstanding loans. In all of these cases I believe CIC refused to process the application without the PCC. I don't know if the situation is different for refugees.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I don't know at what point the PCC is required.

I know we have seen a few cases on this forum where individuals were applying for PR through an economic stream like express entry and could not get a Dubai PCC because of outstanding loans. In all of these cases I believe CIC refused to process the application without the PCC. I don't know if the situation is different for refugees.
Actually that's what my point is, besides someone told me that since its a civil matter in Canada and considered a minor crime so probably CIC give some consideration towards this matter.. And if someone has gone through the same experience i would appriciate if he guide me according

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don't think it will be an issue at the asylum stage but PR and citizenship will likely require PCC. Not sure how long you spent in Dubai but that might add some challenges to your asylum application. Would focus on getting asylum. That will take 1 close to 2 years and the acceptance rate for Pakistani citizens is not very high.