Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Hi All
I understand one of the most important things for the officer during the interview on the exam day is to go through the trips through the stamps in the passport.
Well some of them stamps are not in English or French and I will carry a translation sheet

will that confuse the officer and trigger a QR or are they nice and tolerant and will have the patience to view, understand and accept translations?

I have the picture of the officer getting confused, through the passport in my face and handing a juicy RQ!!

Any similar experiance

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
In my case the office just checked and compared the dates on the stamps. I did not have any translations of stamps with me.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I had many stamps in my passport from many different countries. All over Asia, Europe, and North America. No translation is needed. The officers are very experienced in looking at visa stamps from various countries. They can figure out enough to do their check.

The bigger thing is to be able to provide a good explanation for each your visits while being able to convince the officer that you have strong ties to Canada during the entire time and maintained your residency here.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Exactly, that's what I mean
What if the stamps are in Arabic or the calendar is Hirji ?!

Any one had similar/relevant situation?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adame said:
Exactly, that's what I mean
What if the stamps are in Arabic or the calendar is Hirji ?!

Any one had similar/relevant situation?
You need to translate non-Arabic (e.g. Persian) dates, these stamps can cause RQ, if not translated. For example:

[quote author=mina_rhm]
-- I am a new victim of RQ! I did my test two days ago after submitting my citizenship application on July 2012. I passed the test and while interviewing, the officer told me that he could not verify the date of the stamps in my passport since they are in another language and asked me to provide translation of the stamps in my passport.

-- Why he couldn't verify dates, do your stamps use Eastern-Arabic or some other non-Arabic numbers in dates? If so, they had to be translated before interview. If dates and direction (entry/exit) are clear, agent is being too picky, in my opinion. Maybe it's something to pay attention for for the future test takers.

-- Yes, they stamps were in Farsi. Actually my husband and two other friends did their tests and interview within the last month and none of them were asked to provide translation of the stamps. So, I did not know that this could be an issue.
[/quote]

Also, see this thread on stamps to get a general picture.

I handed stamps translations to an agent during test/interview, no problem with that.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Thank you very much Easy rider

I love this forum