+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checking application status submitted via paid representative

tz35

Apr 7, 2017
Hello Forum,

Can I check the status of my application if it is submitted by my paid representative? He is not willing to share his portal account as there are information of other clients according to him.

Btw. I received a IMM5794 letter stating my applicatin has received by the IRCC with an application number. Is that AOR?

Thank you all for the inputs!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No, you can't. You're at the mercy of your representative. He is right, representatives use a shared portal for all their clients.

Yes, that's AOR.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
There is nothing you can do. Which is why people on the forum recommend doing it yourself so you have full control over your profile.

Reactions: Tophele

tz35

Apr 7, 2017
Hi all - thanks for the reply above. Can you check the status without the account on CIC Client Application Status portal?

I received that AOR letter on 31/3 but haven't been able to find my application since...

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Hi. My file has been applied by paid representative. Can i call cic and ask the status? My representative keeps saying that the file is in processing status but it makes me more concerned. Its been 5 months my file applied and haven’t received anything

Reactions: Tophele

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hi All,
I have submitted my spousal PR outland application on 20 Apr 2021 and I have a representative with my application (a consultancy from India to whom I have paid fees for process). I wanted to know can I link my account with gckey or it has to be done only by representative ? Please suggest

Anyone whose application received date is 20 Apr 2021 waiting for AOR to comms from IRCC ?

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hello Forum,

Can I check the status of my application if it is submitted by my paid representative? He is not willing to share his portal account as there are information of other clients according to him.

Btw. I received a IMM5794 letter stating my applicatin has received by the IRCC with an application number. Is that AOR?

Thank you all for the inputs!
You can order GCMS Notes to check the status of your application.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi All,
I have submitted my spousal PR outland application on 20 Apr 2021 and I have a representative with my application (a consultancy from India to whom I have paid fees for process). I wanted to know can I link my account with gckey or it has to be done only by representative ? Please suggest

Anyone whose application received date is 20 Apr 2021 waiting for AOR to comms from IRCC ?
Only the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants have their authorized representative account. Your agent if not regulated should share your GC Key account details with you.

You can check if your consultant is regulated or not here: https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi. My file has been applied by paid representative. Can i call cic and ask the status? My representative keeps saying that the file is in processing status but it makes me more concerned. Its been 5 months my file applied and haven’t received anything
Yes, you can call them and ask. Alternatively, you may send them a web form or order GCMS Notes.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Only the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants have their authorized representative account. Your agent if not regulated should share your GC Key account details with you.

You can check if your consultant is regulated or not here: https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/
Thanks for reply.
My consultant name is there on the link provided by you, so they are regulated RCIC member.
One more thing I want to ask:
I have checked with my rep and they said they dint receive any emails for my application from IRCC. Is it possible that IRCC process the application slow which has the representative associated?
I am asking because people of same date (app received date - 20 Apr,21 and 23 Apr) have started receiving AOR and BIL medical but my rep says no update/emails yet for my app. Please suggest.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Thanks for reply.
My consultant name is there on the link provided by you, so they are regulated RCIC member.
One more thing I want to ask:
I have checked with my rep and they said they dint receive any emails for my application from IRCC. Is it possible that IRCC process the application slow which has the representative associated?
I am asking because people of same date (app received date - 20 Apr,21 and 23 Apr) have started receiving AOR and BIL medical but my rep says no update/emails yet for my app. Please suggest.
Representatives have no influence over the processing/decision of the application.