+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheapest College/University for International Students

pawsup

Jul 7, 2015
hi
i'm from morocco
can u plz help me to find Cheapest College/University for International Students
something like $6000 or 4000$

I want to study and graduate and after that get a job and then i can apply for Permanent resident PR

plz help me
I've lost hope in the search & i don't know what i have to do

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
What you have to do is decide WHAT you want to study, and then compare the different colleges and universities that offer that. They can vary quite greatly in price, but not every school offers the same curriculum, so there is no point in simply talking about them in the abstract. In general, for international students, the really awful schools/programs are not that much cheaper than the reputable ones, so there is an advantage to trying to find a good place to go.

pawsup

Jul 7, 2015
on-hold said:
What you have to do is decide WHAT you want to study, and then compare the different colleges and universities that offer that. They can vary quite greatly in price, but not every school offers the same curriculum, so there is no point in simply talking about them in the abstract. In general, for international students, the really awful schools/programs are not that much cheaper than the reputable ones, so there is an advantage to trying to find a good place to go.
thank u so much
but i just want a cheapest college/university to see the fees and after that
i will decide the perfect program for me

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Different programs have different prices. This idea of choosing to study anything to get into Canada doesn't work very well -- the people who get visas are the ones who can demonstrate that their course of study fits with their overall life, education, and career.

Canadian schools have a very wide offering of different certificates, diplomas, and whatnot -- these are largely aimed at foreign students, and are fairly worthless. This approach to education is rather new, when I studied here in the early 90s, there were 2 year, 4 year, and graduate degrees. Be careful about spending a lot of money for some sort of vague post-graduate qualification.

If price is the way you want to go, just look for a ranking of Canadian colleges -- the ones near the bottom will be cheaper. Their degrees, diplomas, and certificates are not worth much in the job market.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
on-hold said:
Different programs have different prices. This idea of choosing to study anything to get into Canada doesn't work very well -- the people who get visas are the ones who can demonstrate that their course of study fits with their overall life, education, and career.

Canadian schools have a very wide offering of different certificates, diplomas, and whatnot -- these are largely aimed at foreign students, and are fairly worthless. This approach to education is rather new, when I studied here in the early 90s, there were 2 year, 4 year, and graduate degrees. Be careful about spending a lot of money for some sort of vague post-graduate qualification.

If price is the way you want to go, just look for a ranking of Canadian colleges -- the ones near the bottom will be cheaper. Their degrees, diplomas, and certificates are not worth much in the job market.
very well said

Montong

Aug 8, 2015
Hi

I suggest to look up Yukon College. I found that is the cheapest fee for diploma and certificate programs however there is a limitation that the student can only take 9-15 credits per semester and the fee is $4150 per semester. There also have addition fee such application fee, technology fee, and student union. For all of that addition is about $200. Hope this help.

Good Luck:)

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Montong said:
Hi

I suggest to look up Yukon College. I found that is the cheapest fee for diploma and certificate programs however there is a limitation that the student can only take 9-15 credits per semester and the fee is $4150 per semester. There also have addition fee such application fee, technology fee, and student union. For all of that addition is about $200. Hope this help.

Good Luck:)
You should also take into account the extremely high cost of living in the Yukon, and the extra cost of traveling to Whitehorse.

DaveCJKim

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2015
File Transfer...
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
11-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
It really depends on the major/program you apply for, and the amount of credits and courses you plan to take on each semester.
In general, universities in Quebec are among the cheapest in North America, while still being good (cheap doesn't equal bad, some of the world top ranking schools are here and they're very cheap). Quebec is also relatively easy to get permanent residence after your studies if you can prove you speak fluent French.
If you're francophone, there are plenty of quality and affordable schools here. If you speak English the choices are more limited, because only 3 universities are anglophone in the entire province (2 of which are in Montreal, an awesome city, with the cheapest rent in Canada might I add).