+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheap Ways to Call your Wife/Husband Abroad

Canuky

Star Member
Sep 23, 2010
I use Nonoh (www.nonoh.net)
Its free to landline and cell phones in Canada and US. Free to landlines almost everywhere in the world, and very competitive rates like 2.5 euro cents to Russia CELL PHONES, 6 euro cent to Aussie CELL PHONES. Extremely clear signal, unbeatable I tell you. You can connect using a computer, cell phone with internet or landline

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
job_seeker said:
Yup, you can attach a cordless phone on your magi jack but your computer and internet connection must both be on.
Well it requires a broadband connection and they are by definition always on" anyway. And having the computer turned off when you don't plan on talking is one way to avoid being woken up by wrong numbers :D

Unfortunately for me it requires Windows or Mac OS and I run Linux :(

waitingforwife

Oct 22, 2010
MTL
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011 delivered 08 Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2011 DM 04-04-2011 Recieved 08-04-2011
LANDED..........
12-04-2011
JimM said:
Well it requires a broadband connection and they are by definition always on" anyway. And having the computer turned off when you don't plan on talking is one way to avoid being woken up by wrong numbers :D

Unfortunately for me it requires Windows or Mac OS and I run Linux :(
as i also mentioned, getting a always on broadband connection in India is still expensive and not very reliable in most parts.
so the cell to cell plans suit me the most.
Also in case either of us travel we don't have to worry about having a good internet connectivity

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Damn, I must have given rogers about $4000 that I didn't need to, their all world plan is crap...

Oh well, my wife is here in Canada now (no PR yet though) so the phone bills have gone down a bit, but not that much as she tends to run it up quite a bit, lol. I can't blame her though.

One thing I do miss though is the phone sex..

L

limanoid

For those in Canada or the US, its free to call a North American landline using a gmail account. They have cheaper per minute international rates too (cheaper than skype that is)

arron said:
One thing I do miss though is the phone sex..
haaahhh... too much information!

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Guys any recommendation on calling canadian landline numbers for free or maybe for some less expensive price from lets say asia?