+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheap car insurance in toronto for newcomers?

onofre

May 29, 2015
Hasni said:
Dear Emamabd,

I am also passing through same agony, killer first insurance rates, no way they go less than 500. But I was told a solution by an insurance broker. He says if I bring him the following two, insurance rate can be considerably low.
1. An abstract or licence history fro MTO which shows how many years of my back home driving history have been recognized by MTO. In my case I had carried my back home driving history and was given exemption from G2, hence appeared directly for G. So if these years are more than 10, then proceed for the next step which is ..
2. ... Take a letter from your back home insurance company stating that in the most recent three years of your driving in your back home country,..you had no accidents, tickets or any other traffic violations. This letter should be in English.
I checked mine with MTO, they have only eight years recognition of my backhome driving history, thus i fall short of two years and can't claim the discounted insurance.
Good luck to you.
Hi Hasni, i have the same situation as you. i carried my back home driving history and they fast tack my license. May ask you, how do u get a copy of history from MTO ? and what insurance company that honors this? what,s yours?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
onofre said:
Hi Hasni, i have the same situation as you. i carried my back home driving history and they fast tack my license. May ask you, how do u get a copy of history from MTO ? and what insurance company that honors this? what,s yours?
you need to go to service ontario and request a driving history record..it will cost you $12 and you will get the extract immediately

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hasni said:
i got it from co operators, at C$ 210 per month, auto plus home package.2010 Dodge Journey, almost 6 months old G license.
that's a decent quote, congrats.

i settled for a $269 quote - i have a 12 month's old G2

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
emamabd said:
that's a decent quote, congrats.

i settled for a $269 quote - i have a 12 month's old G2
Hi emamabd,

$269 is a very good quote I would say.

Are you in Toronto? Which insurance company did you get the quote from? Are you have driver training certificate?

I am checking quotes online and through phone and it is not coming less than $430 for a 2012 HONDA CRV
I am G2 less than a year, never had insurance in Canada/US and no driver training certificate.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
venugopalt said:
Hi emamabd,

$269 is a very good quote I would say.

Are you in Toronto? Which insurance company did you get the quote from? Are you have driver training certificate?

I am checking quotes online and through phone and it is not coming less than $430 for a 2012 HONDA CRV
I am G2 less than a year, never had insurance in Canada/US and no driver training certificate.
yes i'm in toronto and i have a driver training certificate. My car is a 2012 KIA Sportage. Both Toyota's and Honda's are much more expensive to insure..so i had to avoid them.

Try AON auto insurance, but expect more than 300 for the crv.

http://solutions.aon.ca/personalinsurance/