04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Hi Friends,

I know there have been few threads on similar topics and quite a few discussions happening over other threads as well. But I want to start this thread so that we can all focus and analyze the probable cause behind it.

It has been almost 4 months now that CHC-London appears to have applied Big Freeze on Fast Track FSW (post-Feb 2008) applicants.Things slowed down since around last week of September 2010. Since then there have been hardly any status changes on Tuesdays (that used to be regular until then). There were only very few medical requests between then and now. And those who have sent medical requests have been waiting.It appears that there has been an arbitrary freeze applied. I have been following the cases on this forum, trackitt and britishexpats and it appears that the FSW applicants at CHC-London, who have sent documents after the first week of March-2010, have not heard of any change since Oct-2010. There have been neither RBVO to in-process change nor any further medical requests. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

It is very hard to believe that CHC-London did not work on our applications during this period. That certainly was not the case. It is obviously a policy decision to hold our cases for some time.

There was hope that it was happening because from Oct-2010 on it was the last quarter of the year. The new year 2011 has definitely brought cheers for many old applicants (prior to Feb-2008 and some old FSW cases who had sent medical requests) who have received PPR's, which is certainly a good sign. But even after three weeks into the year, we have neither heard anyone getting "in process" nor any further medical requests being made.

We should have heard of some applications making some progress. Why is it the case that we do not at all hear of status changes any longer or medical requests?
At this point it still appears that the Big Freeze is still on at CHC-London.

Guys, any idea when this will be over? We should at least see our cases moving. qorax, seniors or anyone else could you please share your thoughts? Thanks.

Regards,
amay

imhussain

Oct 28, 2009
Islamabad - Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2009
Doc's Request.
27-08-2009
AOR Received.
12-01-2010 (from CHC Isd)
File Transfer...
From CHC Isb to London June 2010 (In Process since March 2011)
Med's Request
MR received 25-02-2012 after start of processing on 20th Jan.' 12
You have very rightly deliberated on the situation. There seems to be a very strange 'policy matter' OR as might have flashed in some minds a ‘mismanagement’ caused 'DELAY'.
But whatever it is - it is unexpected.
Frankly speaking I do not expect from a country like Canada - to which I got attracted because of its fair and caring policies. The image is slowly reverting. It appears the so called developed countries have bowed down before the hardness of the time. The fairness has been compromised to counter the economic and financial crisis. Yes - I believe - other will second it - announcing a fast track program and then pitting it behind is a COMPROMISE ON FAIRNESS or A MISMANAGEMENT.
Anyways, probably, we cannot do anything but to rethink about our individual decisions of leaving our homeland for the sake of such lands.... Is it not better to do some hard work, to bear harshness here and use our talent to bring change here instead of benefiting those who may change their policies any time effecting you - but without caring about you. I think this was the only difference that most of us were longing for.
It is time for us to think, re-think and decide after a great care and once again counting the factors - and their real existence - for which we decide to leave our families, friends, parents, our dears behind here.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imhussain said:
You have very rightly deliberated on the situation. There seems to be a very strange 'policy matter' OR as might have flashed in some minds a ‘mismanagement' caused 'DELAY'.
But whatever it is - it is unexpected.
Frankly speaking I do not expect from a country like Canada - to which I got attracted because of its fair and caring policies. The image is slowly reverting. It appears the so called developed countries have bowed down before the hardness of the time. The fairness has been compromised to counter the economic and financial crisis. Yes - I believe - other will second it - announcing a fast track program and then pitting it behind is a COMPROMISE ON FAIRNESS or A MISMANAGEMENT.
Anyways, probably, we cannot do anything but to rethink about our individual decisions of leaving our homeland for the sake of such lands.... Is it not better to do some hard work, to bear harshness here and use our talent to bring change here instead of benefiting those who may change their policies any time effecting you - but without caring about you. I think this was the only difference that most of us were longing for.
It is time for us to think, re-think and decide after a great care and once again counting the factors - and their real existence - for which we decide to leave our families, friends, parents, our dears behind here.
Hey my Friend, I disagree by your comments ‘mismanagement' caused 'DELAY
The situation at London VO is not the same as you did mention.They are working hard but it depends on your case,your documentation,how the application has been filled out, (inaccurate, incorrect)The other factors for delaying are some acts of dishonestly, defrauds, offensive,disreputable,vulgar and regretful actions by some applicants suffering all the applicants ( back ground checks and security checks ).
Good Luck

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
Kanamen said:
Hey my Friend, I disagree by your comments ‘mismanagement' caused 'DELAY
The situation at London VO is not the same as you did mention.They are working hard but it depends on your case,your documentation,how the application has been filled out, (inaccurate, incorrect)The other factors for delaying are some acts of dishonestly, defrauds, offensive,disreputable,vulgar and regretful actions by some applicants suffering all the applicants ( back ground checks and security checks ).
Good Luck
Oh, and that is the reason you think why people who applied years ago have to wait for 5-7 Years while those who applied only a few months to a year are having their cases finalized.
So people who applied years back are the ones causing the delay, hen....... and all those who applied lately are all honest people. Did you understand what the OP is trying to out here? There is nothing wrong with the opinion of the OP. I partially agree with him.

canadad001

Jun 28, 2010
hi,
just think, when cic made a 38 occupation after SAP first time, they could have selected applicants from old backlog to fulfill 38 occupations and then they select the new applicants. e.g. if they need accountant (one of the 38 occupations) they could have given priority to old applicants who applied for accountant and then select from the new applicants. is it not fair????

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
schwarzeradler said:
Oh, and that is the reason you think why people who applied years ago have to wait for 5-7 Years while those who applied only a few months to a year are having their cases finalized.
So people who applied years back are the ones causing the delay, hen....... and all those who applied lately are all honest people. Did you understand what the OP is trying to out here? There is nothing wrong with the opinion of the OP. I partially agree with him.
totally agree. kanamen is trying to defend chc london whilst he has got his own immigration years ago. if he was in such situation he wouldn't be saying nice things about chc london. there is no such things dishonesty or fraud causing delays. many genuine people have applied years ago and still waiting. its down to chc london who are lazy and not employing right people / their system is failing to cope.

mr kanamen don't try to defend canadian immigration system on every point, they are wrong at so many places, i wonder if you are working for cic.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
amay said:
Hi Friends,

I know there have been few threads on similar topics and quite a few discussions happening over other threads as well. But I want to start this thread so that we can all focus and analyze the probable cause behind it.

It has been almost 4 months now that CHC-London appears to have applied Big Freeze on Fast Track FSW (post-Feb 2008) applicants.Things slowed down since around last week of September 2010. Since then there have been hardly any status changes on Tuesdays (that used to be regular until then). There were only very few medical requests between then and now. And those who have sent medical requests have been waiting.It appears that there has been an arbitrary freeze applied. I have been following the cases on this forum, trackitt and britishexpats and it appears that the FSW applicants at CHC-London, who have sent documents after the first week of March-2010, have not heard of any change since Oct-2010. There have been neither RBVO to in-process change nor any further medical requests. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

It is very hard to believe that CHC-London did not work on our applications during this period. That certainly was not the case. It is obviously a policy decision to hold our cases for some time.

There was hope that it was happening because from Oct-2010 on it was the last quarter of the year. The new year 2011 has definitely brought cheers for many old applicants (prior to Feb-2008 and some old FSW cases who had sent medical requests) who have received PPR's, which is certainly a good sign. But even after three weeks into the year, we have neither heard anyone getting "in process" nor any further medical requests being made.

We should have heard of some applications making some progress. Why is it the case that we do not at all hear of status changes any longer or medical requests?
At this point it still appears that the Big Freeze is still on at CHC-London.

Guys, any idea when this will be over? We should at least see our cases moving. qorax, seniors or anyone else could you please share your thoughts? Thanks.

Regards,
amay
Rightly said Amay. September thing is true as they were out of quotas, that's why couldn't issue any PPRs. However they could have issued Medicals or should have updated ECas's, if that didn't happen then it makes you wonder that what were they doing from Sept-Dec ???

They have issued few PPRs to both pre and post feb 2008 cases but you are again right in saying why not issuing MRs or Doc update letters to Oct 2007 applicants who are still waiting....

What I have heard and it's there on CIC website that they are trying to implement Global Case Management System in all CHCs across the globe and London's turn is up, changing over from existing CAIPS to GCMS might take a while, but than again I am not sure if they should do that as there must be some kind of contingency plan in place?

Lets hope for good as atleast although little but there is movement in CHC London, so wishing everyone a very good luck.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pittabread said:
totally agree. kanamen is trying to defend chc london whilst he has got his own immigration years ago. if he was in such situation he wouldn't be saying nice things about chc london. there is no such things dishonesty or fraud causing delays. many genuine people have applied years ago and still waiting. its down to chc london who are lazy and not employing right people / their system is failing to cope.

mr kanamen don't try to defend canadian immigration system on every point, they are wrong at so many places, i wonder if you are working for cic.
Hey friend
Please note I am not working for CIC.If you go through all the posts here you can realize how some of forum members are getting advices to make fake documentation to deceive Immigration Authorities .Although its been done by some of applicants but a bad bowl of rice can ruin a whole meal so effects all applicants.You guys have to realize these facts .Its not just my opinion but Internationally proven.I wonder why you have negative thinking whilst you have applied for Canadian Immigration
May God Bless You

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
Kanamen said:
Hey friend
Please note I am not working for CIC.If you go through all the posts here you can realize how some of forum members are getting advices to make fake documentation to deceive Immigration Authorities .Although its been done by some of applicants but a bad bowl of rice can ruin a whole meal so effects all applicants.You guys have to realize these facts .Its not just my opinion but Internationally proven.I wonder why you have negative thinking whilst you have applied for Canadian Immigration
May God Bless You
Agreed, You have a point there. That's true.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Folks,

Nice opinions and provocative thinking.

No matter if each of you is correct or wrong, the whole issue could be simple, London VO is in charge of almost 22 countries/regions, which is the largest among other VOs and this gives them the larger chunk of the load. It is this simple.

One more thing we have to realize that Canada and its immigration system is transparent and open to public. At CIC websites, there is huge wealth of information that can be used to truly reflect on the performance of CIC VO's. Even if there's a decision to slow down applications, such decision will be made public. Let's not get our mind twisted because of the twisted governmental practices we face in our countries and governments.

Be positive and patient.

Cheers!

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
Folks,

No matter if each of you is correct or wrong, the whole issue could be simple, London VO is in charge of almost 22 countries/regions, which is the largest among other VOs and this gives them the larger chunk of the load. It is this simple.

One more thing we have to realize that Canada and its immigration system is transparent and open to public. At CIC websites, there is huge wealth of information that can be used to truly reflect on the performance of CIC VO's. Even if there's a decision to slow down applications, such decision will be made public. Let's not get our mind twisted because of the twisted governmental practices we face in our countries and governments.

Be positive and patient.

Cheers!
Well explained/defined my friend ,Have a good day

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
Mezo2009 said:
Folks,

Be positive and patient.

Cheers!
Fair Enough, but what I fail to understand is, why did they not resort to decentralization and giving more responsibilities and power to other Consulates in Europe or else where.
I mean, if they knew that LONDON was that burdened and overloaded already, why then did they decide to shift e.g ISLAMABAD to London, and London on the other hand is shifting cases to OTTAWA. The result is Islamabad applicants are frustrated as well as London applicants.
Is it sensible to put more burden (Load) on a Donkey that is already overloaded, hoping that the donkey will get/run faster?
Again, where is the sense in resorting to faster processing for new applications when tons of the same type of applications are sitting in queues.
Enough of the transparency and info on the websites. I personally do not think that what is stated on their portrays the truth though.
Obviously, people get frustrated waiting without knowing what is going on with their applications.
Is being kept in the dark for years the definition of transparency?
Try to put yourself in the shoes of applicants waiting for 3years and more. You will understand what I mean.

Good Luck.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Mezo2009 said:
Folks,

Be positive and patient.

Cheers!
I can see where Mezo is coming from. System is public in terms of CAIPS, as CAIPS notes can be ordered by any applicant and see what's going on in their file, one of the London applicant when ordered CAIPS stated that SEc checks cleared, hold the file till Jan 2011. No other country's immigration system allow you to look into VO's notes. In terms of time, London CHC is definitely overloaded but I hope slowly but surely everything would be sorted. I've been waiting since sept 2007 but there are countries where it takes around 7-8 years for the applications o be finalised under old rules.

amay

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2010
Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It does make sense that they are switching to GCMS and that may be the reason for the slowdown. Let us hope that we may probably see sudden change in the way the applications are being processed - I am hoping for faster process once switching to GCMS is complete. As Nectar has stated in one of the posts, this may happen in April-2011 and then we should start seeing the flow again.

Regarding the system being transparent - My first application was made between Feb-2008 and Nov-2008 and it was returned simply because the NOC got removed, much after the time of sending the application. I had applied in April-2008 and the NOC change happened in Nov-2008 effecting it retrospectively from Feb-2008. This kind of effecting something from back date without telling people about it was quite painful for us applicants. It could not be explained by any logic except that they were simply telling about it all the time that some NOC's would be out without ever stating which ones would go out.

Now let's hope for the good news for all of us. Tomorrow is Tuesday and let's hope that we hear some people going "in process". Wishing good luck to all of us!

Regards,
amay

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
Rightly said Amay. September thing is true as they were out of quotas, that's why couldn't issue any PPRs. However they could have issued Medicals or should have updated ECas's, if that didn't happen then it makes you wonder that what were they doing from Sept-Dec ???

They have issued few PPRs to both pre and post feb 2008 cases but you are again right in saying why not issuing MRs or Doc update letters to Oct 2007 applicants who are still waiting....

What I have heard and it's there on CIC website that they are trying to implement Global Case Management System in all CHCs across the globe and London's turn is up, changing over from existing CAIPS to GCMS might take a while, but than again I am not sure if they should do that as there must be some kind of contingency plan in place?

Lets hope for good as atleast although little but there is movement in CHC London, so wishing everyone a very good luck.
what is the difference between GCMS and CAIPS??????