20-04-2010
Med's Done....
20-01-2010
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2011
wes786 said:
NOpe nothing! Infact, in my CAIPS they have mentioned the the marriage seems genuine. My wife has only received one request letter and that was for rePCC and IMM forms after 11 months of processing and thats about it, after that its been quite
have you inquired anytime in regards to them sending stuff? hopefully nothing of yours got lost... in our case when we got our objection letter, the envelope had the right address but the letter had someone elses home address :eek: just don't understand how they work there...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mdwx said:
have you inquired anytime in regards to them sending stuff? hopefully nothing of yours got lost... in our case when we got our objection letter, the envelope had the right address but the letter had someone elses home address :eek: just don't understand how they work there...
Yeah its stupid! But no Alhamdulillah all of our docs got to the embassy safely. We sent all the docs requested in early March then I sent them an email inquiry regarding case status in April and they said that the request letter was sent to the applicant and 45 days to comply. Then I sent them and email again in May basically saying that the docs were sent in early march and they replied that the docs have been recieved and are attached to the file and application is in que for review...

mdwx

Mar 8, 2011
Brampton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
AOR Received.
20-04-2010
Med's Done....
20-01-2010
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2011
wes786 said:
Yeah its stupid! But no Alhamdulillah all of our docs got to the embassy safely. We sent all the docs requested in early March then I sent them an email inquiry regarding case status in April and they said that the request letter was sent to the applicant and 45 days to comply. Then I sent them and email again in May basically saying that the docs were sent in early march and they replied that the docs have been recieved and are attached to the file and application is in que for review...
yes i think that was my mistake that I did not follow up... Now once we do the reMED we're going to fax the receipt right away then i'll also email after a week just to make sure...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mdwx said:
yes i think that was my mistake that I did not follow up... Now once we do the reMED we're going to fax the receipt right away then i'll also email after a week just to make sure...
Thats a good idea.

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
Hi !
My Husband submitted our case on 7-April-2011 in canada and he got sponsership approval on 7-May-11 in which they said they are moving my file to islamabad embassy for further processing. I dont think they are sending AOR anymore. So how will I get to know that they have recieved my case. E-CAS? or should my husband or me send them an email ?
Need your guidance:)

Thanks !

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
hinajameel1984 said:
Hi !
My Husband submitted our case on 7-April-2011 in canada and he got sponsership approval on 7-May-11 in which they said they are moving my file to islamabad embassy for further processing. I dont think they are sending AOR anymore. So how will I get to know that they have recieved my case. E-CAS? or should my husband or me send them an email ?

Thanks !
hinajameel1984 said:
Few more questions:
Who should send the email for the file number? Sponsor or the applicant?
Where do I get the client Id from ?
hinajameel1984 said:
Hi !

Thanks !
Welcome to the forum Hina,

Well, seems like your case has been forwarded already to CHC-Islamabad. However, it is taking a little bit of extra time for them to create files. So, I would suggest that you wait until end of May or begining of June and then email the embassy in Islamabad to get the file number. And then you can use that file number to send any correspondence or any request or voluntary documents. If your husband has signed the form "use of a representative" and he is representing you, then he can also send the email. Your husband should have received the file number in the sponsorship approval letter. He can also track the ecase using that client ID.

Their email address is: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Below is the official CHC-Islamabad website for more info such as phone numbers, fax numbers etc...GOOD LUCK!!!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
thanks alot wes !!!!!!!!!

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
wes786 said:
Hey u seem to kno a lot bout the immigration n its process, so ur a great help
I got a reply from my email on May 13th 2011 that my case is in que for initial review wat the heck does that mean?
r they about to look at ma case or they might look at ma case?
Coz we are being patient thats the most we can all do and pray to Allah'Tala to help us alll........

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
R.Mujgani said:
Hey u seem to kno a lot bout the immigration n its process, so ur a great help
I got a reply from my email on May 13th 2011 that my case is in que for initial review wat the heck does that mean?
r they about to look at ma case or they might look at ma case?
Coz we are being patient thats the most we can all do and pray to Allah'Tala to help us alll........
Everything I know, I have learned from experienced people on the forum as well as personal experience and I just try to help others like others have helped me :)

Here is what I posted a while ago that might help you understand the process a little bit, as I said below that this is not 100% accurate but just to give a general idea to people because it varies for everyone....

wes786 said:
Here is that previous reply from me:

Ok for people who think that they send same emails to everybody, here is an explanation hopefully this makes sense:

Yes it is a generic email that they send everyone, but they have generic email for every stage your file is in. For Instance:
1) Your file is in que for initial review
2) Your file is in que for review
3) Your file is in background checks
4) Your file is in que to be reviewed by a decision making officer

Admit it guys we have all seen all these replies, now let me explain in details

1) Your file is in que for initial review (you will keep receiving this reply until they look at your file for the first time after sending AOR ~9-12 months)
Once they do the initial review of the file, they look for missing documents. Does the file need extra supporting documents?? Does the marriage look genuine?? If in doubt they send a letter asking for missing/supporting documents they also send supplementary forms and a few other ones we have seen on this forum. They send a letter and put a Bring Forward date on the file. Until that date comes:
2) Your file is in que for review (On the bring forward date the file is opened and gets checked for what was requested and if things requested are there it goes to the next stage could be the background checks, verification of documents etc. If the documents requested are not there, they put another BF date on the file.)
3) Your file is in background check (You will keep receiving this generic message until the background checks are done)
Hopefully everything is done by now except the background check and they notice the medical is expired and so is the PCC, here is another letter requesting those.
After they have everything they needed, the file status is:
4) Your file is in que to be reviewed by a decision making officer. This is where they decide if the person needs to go through an interview or if the VO is convinced or the file to be rejected.

Then the letter is sent whether the file is refused ( with appeal instructions) , or Passport request for VISA to be stamped or an interview call.

So when they say that the file is in que for initial review yeah they are right that they havn't looked at your file even for the first time it could be even after 10 months. I am the example:
My wifes case started in Pakistan in March 2010, I requested Caips notes in November and saw nothing in there, no updates, no comments nothing it was still in their storage area. Then I emailed Islamabad on December 14th asking for the status, I received a reply on the 27th saying that the file is in que for initial review. So my wifes case has been sitting in their storage area since March untouched!!!! This is reality your file will not be opened until its time for it, no matter who you involve. No one can do anything to make it faster not even MPs.
I really hope this helps....The process I have explained is not 100% accurate, but its just to give you an idea about what's happening at the CHC-Islamabad.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
BAD news Guys and Gals.... I just noticed that the timeline on CIC website is gone up to 23 months. Last updated April 27, 2011 - webpage updated on May 9th, 2011 :(

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey this is so wierd but my hubby got a call from the embassy.. just inquiring about general stuff like when were proofs sent out (tracking number confirms it was delivered days ago!!), important dates, etc.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
psionator said:
hey this is so wierd but my hubby got a call from the embassy.. just inquiring about general stuff like when were proofs sent out (tracking number confirms it was delivered days ago!!), important dates, etc.
They do that sometimes to cross check...

gmlhr

Feb 14, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My time lines are:
Application received in Mississauga: April 12, 2010
File send to CHC ISB: May 17, 2010
File received in CHC ISB: May 25, 2010
My wife received letter from CHC: June 25, 2010
Newly born baby was added on same file: September 24, 2010

On CIC web site when I click on 'Decision Made', the message is:
We started processing your application on May 17, 2010

On CIC web site when I click on 'In Process', the message is:
We started processing 'WifeName's application on June 24, 2010

No reply from CHC ISB yet
Any idea how much time will they take more? or any idea regarding which months cases are being finalised. I am confused that from which date should I count the processing time.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
gmlhr said:
My time lines are:
Application received in Mississauga: April 12, 2010
File send to CHC ISB: May 17, 2010
File received in CHC ISB: May 25, 2010
My wife received letter from CHC: June 25, 2010
Newly born baby was added on same file: September 24, 2010

On CIC web site when I click on 'Decision Made', the message is:
We started processing your application on May 17, 2010

On CIC web site when I click on 'In Process', the message is:
We started processing 'WifeName's application on June 24, 2010

No reply from CHC ISB yet
Any idea how much time will they take more? or any idea regarding which months cases are being finalised. I am confused that from which date should I count the processing time.
Currently people are receiving passport requests who received AOR from CHC_Islamabad in Jan 2010 to April 2010. You are a June AOR so it will be a few more months till you receive something...