+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

malik333

Oct 21, 2013
OmNi2012 said:
Salam all! Just curious, if I want to send additional documents to Islamabad directly, can I use CanadaPost?

Has anyone here sent any documents directly to Islamabad Embassy via courier or regular mail? Any experience would be worth sharing. Thanks.

Don't use Canada Post, your mail will be lost or returned to you somehow. Try using some Courier service

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok thx. good point.

jerry84 said:
Hey I don't think you should do that (it may sound like you are asking for trouble and giving them a chance to doubt your relationship).

apa108

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Hey Guys,
I recently went to the office of my local MP and his assistant sent an email to ISL and she got the below response .

""Greetings from Islamabad,

Thank you for your e-mail below. This application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review by an immigration officer. Applicant will be duly informed once application is reviewed or if any further information is required from applicant.

Your representations in this case have been noted and will be taken into consideration when the application is reviewed. """

I applied in April 2012 and my file is in Ottawa and electronic copy was sent to ISL this July(per GCMS) and original documents were returned in Aug and nothing since then. Based on above reply ,I got the following questions.
1- Is it really in process when initial review is not even done ? Is there is difference b/w initial review and IN PROCESS?
2- Last line that representation in this case has been noted and will be considered when application is reviewed mean anything ? Is it suppose to help/hurt my case.
In addition ,MP's staffer also told me that her experience was that our file was headed for interview as no decision was made while the file was in Ottawa . However she was not able to confirm if interview is very likely.

Comments/Thoughts ....

Awano

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2012
Doc's Request.
22 May 2013
AOR Received.
26 Apr 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26 Apr 2012
Med's Request
22 May 2013
Med's Done....
27 May 2013
Interview........
--------
Passport Req..
04 Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
On 15 December 2013
smzaidi22 said:
I got mine back too, today only the additional docs not the whole file.
What do you mean by other documents?

Awano

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2012
Doc's Request.
22 May 2013
AOR Received.
26 Apr 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26 Apr 2012
Med's Request
22 May 2013
Med's Done....
27 May 2013
Interview........
--------
Passport Req..
04 Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
On 15 December 2013
Mending my Ways said:
AOA Everyone,

On August 07, 2013 I submitted the additional doc's (IMM Forms) and updated Police C. Certificate as requested by CHC-I, followed by
re-medical on Sept 13, 2013, and today I received my originals back including (Updated Police C. Certificate (still valid), along with other documents) ! is it normal and can other respected form members please explain as to what should I expect next ?

Thank you
What do you mean by other documents?

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
apa108 said:
Hey Guys,
I recently went to the office of my local MP and his assistant sent an email to ISL and she got the below response .

Thank you for your e-mail below. This application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review by an immigration officer. Applicant will be duly informed once application is reviewed or if any further information is required from applicant.

Your representations in this case have been noted and will be taken into consideration when the application is reviewed. """

I applied in April 2012 and my file is in Ottawa and electronic copy was sent to ISL this July(per GCMS) and original documents were returned in Aug and nothing since then. Based on above reply ,I got the following questions.
1- Is it really in process when initial review is not even done ? Is there is difference b/w initial review and IN PROCESS?
2- Last line that representation in this case has been noted and will be considered when application is reviewed mean anything ? Is it suppose to help/hurt my case.
In addition ,MP's staffer also told me that her experience was that our file was headed for interview as no decision was made while the file was in Ottawa . However she was not able to confirm if interview is very likely.

Comments/Thoughts ....
dot agree with the interview part. every file ends up in Isl anyways

mrashid123

Nov 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
~ July 2013 (after receiving my Originals)
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014!!! (Soo relieved!! Alhamd!!)
LANDED..........
14-03-2014!! (Happiest day of my life!! :):)
apa108 said:
Hey Guys,

Comments/Thoughts ....
Honestly don't believe a single words these guys tell u..... they're good for nothing.... they told my friend that his file was in queue for interview.... he was in complete stress when he heard that.... but his wife never got an interview call n eventually got her visa.....

I went to my MP n they gave me the same spiel.... every single person I would talk to about my case told me to talk to my MP but I can confidently say my MP did not help me at all.... when i approached them.... rather than sympathize with me the first thing they told me... u know pakistan cases are taking 31 months these days

apa108

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
mrashid123 said:
Honestly don't believe a single words these guys tell u..... they're good for nothing.... they told my friend that his file was in queue for interview.... he was in complete stress when he heard that.... but his wife never got an interview call n eventually got her visa.....

I went to my MP n they gave me the same spiel.... every single person I would talk to about my case told me to talk to my MP but I can confidently say my MP did not help me at all.... when i approached them.... rather than sympathize with me the first thing they told me... u know pakistan cases are taking 31 months these days
Ok does that the last sentence MP's intervention in the matter is noted and will be considered mean anything ?

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
MP intervention is noted (In gmcs notes) there is proof. I don't believe it will have an direct impact on processing the case.

apa108 said:
Ok does that the last sentence MP's intervention in the matter is noted and will be considered mean anything ?

as1985

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
AOR Received.
January 2012
I guess I should have applied for one of these jobs to get the inside info :)

http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Islamabad-Canadian-high-Commission-Jobs-Consular-Assistant.gif
http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Chef-Job-Canadian-High-Commission-Job.jpg
http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Canadian-High-Commission-CHC-jobs-Islamabad-jobs.jpg
http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/High-Commission-Canadian-Jobs-Mail-Clerk.jpg

ranjha01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
So true. or apply from here Canada as an officer and go to Pakistan and give everyone quick visas :) :) Also reduce the timeline to 5 months :D

as1985 said:
I guess I should have applied for one of these jobs to get the inside info :)

http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Islamabad-Canadian-high-Commission-Jobs-Consular-Assistant.gif
http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Chef-Job-Canadian-High-Commission-Job.jpg
http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Canadian-High-Commission-CHC-jobs-Islamabad-jobs.jpg
http://www.jobinpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/High-Commission-Canadian-Jobs-Mail-Clerk.jpg

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
Hello Everyone...

I had been following the thread... but I guess I am posting here for the first time...
I sent my spouse sponsorship application through Canada post on Oct 27, 2013 and was delivered on Oct 29, 2013. Today on November 09, 2013 Saturday, I received an email confirming that they have received my file on Oct 29, 2013 and in the email they have also mentioned the UCI number and Application Number.

I am also considering to submit the TRV application, when is the best time I should submit the application and could anyone please advise me what documents to include and how to mention the UCI number and Application.

What other correspondence I may expect....
Also…
let me share with you the content of the letter below, also let me know when can I expect the first stage approval???..... I am assuming the opened the package I submitted and they got my email address from one of the forms, so they must have started assessing my case....

the content of the email is as below:

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: F000xxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/10/29 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx (Name of Applicant)

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at CIC website

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC's website

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit CIC website and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at CIC website

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

and yes… Since i submitted all the original documents for my spouse with the sponsorship application. I have the notorized photocopies of the documents. I would prefer submitting the online application. so is it ok to submit the notorized scanned copies for trv application....

yamayama

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad now in New Delhi since Feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7, September, 2012
AOR Received.
17, October, 2012
File Transfer...
17, October, 2012
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
11, June, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 30, 2014
prayndsmile said:
Salam all,

I was just wondering could anyone tell me how long does it take to get GMCS notes once you apply for them and is it really helpful?

Thanks,
For sure, anyone's application that has been more than a year please order it. I just order my GCMS notes through notes I found 2 errors, first thing they had a wrong spelling of my email address, 2nd they had my old address even though I send an email about address change and also I update my address on cic.ca but it was not changed on cic Islamabad.

Also the other good thing is that I found the second UCI number that belongs to my wife. Also it will give u a lot of info about your file. So please order it.

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
yamayama said:
For sure, anyone's application that has been more than a year please order it. I just order my GCMS notes through notes I found 2 errors, first thing they had a wrong spelling of my email address, 2nd they had my old address even though I send an email about address change and also I update my address on cic.ca but it was not changed on cic Islamabad.

Also the other good thing is that I found the second UCI number that belongs to my wife. Also it will give u a lot of info about your file. So please order it.
if u want to change ur address then fax them they dont do it by email

zaidi2010

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2013
Med's Done....
12-12-2011
Passport Req..
PPR1 Jun 12/14 PPR2 July 1/14
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Back July 9/14
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on July 20/14
AOA, My wife received re-medical request today via email, can anyone tell me the procedure to schedule the appointment in Karachi.

regards,