Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Hello people...I need a little help in understanding the situation..Senior members Danny bhai and all others please help me out.
So I asked my husband to inquire from his mp about the status of our application as we have sent 3 emails to isb office but they haven't replied. The MPs assistant who deals with immigration stuff told my husband that they get updates from an office in Ottawa that has access to our files and it takes a maximum of 14 working days to get a reply but sometimes they reply quicker...
I have seen people get response from their MPs but usually it is directly from the isb embassy..isn't it?
Today the MPs assistant finally got back to us and told us that our file has not even been touched yet and nothing has been done so far and it will at least be another 6 to 8 months and that isb embassy tells them that they start viewing the files after 16 months of being transferred. My husband asked him why some people hear back within 6 months and he said that CIC has to complete at least 20% of the files within a year so they just process some files quicker to meet that target.
He gave all this info on the phone to my husband saying they don't give updates in writing...
I am really confused, does it really work like this?
I have asked my husband to order the GCMS notes so we can be sure...
I am just gonna move to the US for now, I really cant deal with this torture..if they open our file after 16 months and then initiate background check after that it would mean i am stuck here for 3 years as I have travel history so background check might take longer
Please guys what do you think about this?
I am a JAN 2012 transfer with medical already expired in October

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
Guddu said:
Today new processing times got updated on CIC website.. no change for islamabad visa office.. but CASE PROCESSING PILOT (OTTAWA) processing time is showing up now.. it's 12 months..

so does that mean files which got transferred to ottawa will be done in 12 months ??? despite the fact tht our primary visa office is islamabad ???

Where did you look that up?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

the link above was last updated on october 24, 2012.

Venture

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 15, 2012
laghmani said:
As salaam malikum

I just got a confirmation as to which files they are looking at. They said they all looking at files that are recieved in Nov 2011 to islamabad. So i think you should be close to getting your ppr Inshallah.

Thanks,
Wa salaam
laghmani
Thanks for the update, friend.

Just thought to ask as to where did you get this information from, as this information isn't publicly available. Thanks.

Guddu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval - August 2nd, 2012
File Transfer...
August 2nd, 2012
waiting110 said:
Where did you look that up?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

the link above was last updated on october 24, 2012.
YES THATS THE LINK... it sys it was last updated on oct 24 but in real it was updated yesterday or maybe day before yesterday because i hvent been looking at it since two three days.. n whn u go to tht link luk at the last heading AMERICAS.. and under that heading u will find case processing pilot (ottawa) .. 12 months..

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Guddu said:
YES THATS THE LINK... it sys it was last updated on oct 24 but in real it was updated yesterday or maybe day before yesterday because i hvent been looking at it since two three days.. n whn u go to tht link luk at the last heading AMERICAS.. and under that heading u will find case processing pilot (ottawa) .. 12 months..
hmm I get it. but maybe in their next update time will go down since a few 2012 cases are getting done fast, you think so?

N.Ali

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd January 2013
Doc's Request.
28th July 2014
AOR Received.
5th Febuary 2013
File Transfer...
5th July 2014 to London
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
1st Medical 10th Dec 2012. 2nd Medical 28th August 2014
Passport Req..
21th January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th February 2015
LANDED..........
31th July 2015
salam guys, i have heard that it takes 3-3.5 years for sousal immigration? is it true?

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
N.Ali said:
salam guys, i have heard that it takes 3-3.5 years for sousal immigration? is it true?
Not really depends on case to case. There are still a few 2010 cases stuck and waiting for PPR and we have a few 2012 cases already being processed. usually 16, 18 or 20 months.

SD1234

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its really tough to wait but everyone must trust allah nd dnt get urself so much involve in waiting jst relax and try to keep ur mind busy with some good avtivities so the time can fly easily best of luck everyone

a4syed

Sep 18, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
We need to stop voting for conservatives!

Naqibee

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
& RE-PCC Nov 24, 2013. Docs & PCC sent Nov 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Skipped
File Transfer...
July 18, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 27, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 27,2011 & Dec 4, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received stamped passport back Nov 12, 2014
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah on Dec 9, 2014
that is a very good question
Guddu said:
Today new processing times got updated on CIC website.. no change for islamabad visa office.. but CASE PROCESSING PILOT (OTTAWA) processing time is showing up now.. it's 12 months..

so does that mean files which got transferred to ottawa will be done in 12 months ??? despite the fact tht our primary visa office is islamabad ???

Waiting_Eyes

Nov 17, 2012
Kabul, Afghanistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
File Transfer...
Sept 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Re-Med Jun 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah
I pray for every single member of this forum that their cases are processed soon, coz as I see it, it is really really taking lots of time :(

Anu 123

Nov 7, 2012
Ummmm said:
Hello people...I need a little help in understanding the situation..Senior members Danny bhai and all others please help me out.
So I asked my husband to inquire from his mp about the status of our application as we have sent 3 emails to isb office but they haven't replied. The MPs assistant who deals with immigration stuff told my husband that they get updates from an office in Ottawa that has access to our files and it takes a maximum of 14 working days to get a reply but sometimes they reply quicker...
I have seen people get response from their MPs but usually it is directly from the isb embassy..isn't it?
Today the MPs assistant finally got back to us and told us that our file has not even been touched yet and nothing has been done so far and it will at least be another 6 to 8 months and that isb embassy tells them that they start viewing the files after 16 months of being transferred. My husband asked him why some people hear back within 6 months and he said that CIC has to complete at least 20% of the files within a year so they just process some files quicker to meet that target.
He gave all this info on the phone to my husband saying they don't give updates in writing...
I am really confused, does it really work like this?
I have asked my husband to order the GCMS notes so we can be sure...
I am just gonna move to the US for now, I really cant deal with this torture..if they open our file after 16 months and then initiate background check after that it would mean i am stuck here for 3 years as I have travel history so background check might take longer
Please guys what do you think about this?
I am a JAN 2012 transfer with medical already expired in October

20% are the lucky ones.. aaaaahhhh! what a strategy to process applications...

Guddu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval - August 2nd, 2012
File Transfer...
August 2nd, 2012
waiting110 said:
hmm I get it. but maybe in their next update time will go down since a few 2012 cases are getting done fast, you think so?
NO IDEA.... LETS HOPE FOR THE BESt !

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
i have been reading all the posts thought i add my timeline too

got my confirmation letter in november 2012 and i applied in october 2012 FOR my wifeyyy

andd my case has been sent to ottawa.

and i have this feeling that file sent to ottawa will be done quicker inshallah inshallah we should wait few more months to see what they really come up with i think itz jsut 2012 files that have gone too ottawa so hope for the best guyss...

tommm

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2012
i hope tmrw dey send me mi approval letter inshAlllahhhhh!!!!