Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2013
AOR Received.
January 2012
File Transfer...
From CPPO- Ottawa to CHC - ISL - May 2013/ From CHC - ISL to CHC New Delhi Feb 2014
Med's Request
Remed/ RePCC and Supporting Doc Request- June 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Interview Scheduled in June- CHC New Delhi
Passport Req..
June 2014 - CHC New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
June 2014 - CHC New Delhi
LANDED..........
August 2014
applied4PR said:
Just curious, How much time it takes for the family sponsorship visa process if you apply from Islamabad?
Dear Forum Members,

Given all the fact provided, I am presenting to you our New Immigration Minister respond to reduce the processing time for CHC - ISB ( two or three years processing time its insane, however here is the response shared with you guys, I went as far as I can to communicate what happens to people that are waiting for years to get their love once here. I dont think any thing will change, but here is the reality check to all of us. wish all of you all the best.

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels

Dear ??????????

I am replying to your xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning the spousal sponsorship application of your xxxxx.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of spousal applications as quickly as possible. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

I understand your frustration at the processing times for issuing a permanent resident visa to your xxxxx. The many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. In addition, processing delays often occur when the information provided is incomplete, or documentation or processing fees are missing. In such situations, immigration officials must stop the processing until they receive the required information from the applicants.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to being granted permanent resident status within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Please be assured that we make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective manner.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

Given the significant increase in all categories of applications, delays have occurred in processing applications in many of our offices, both in Canada and abroad. Canadian visa offices from one country to another can vary significantly in regard to the size and nature of their respective workloads. At the same time, however, CIC does strive to address imbalances and to make global service standards as equitable as possible. In that regard, CIC continually reviews the operations and performance of offices, monitors changes to missions’ workload, analyzes missions’ human resource needs, and examines complaints to determine how and where service could be improved.

However, CIC has limited resources to deploy throughout its extensive network of offices. Each office must deal with operational environments unique both to its role in CIC’s program commitments and the realities of the region of the world in which they are located. This means that processing times for the same category of applications may vary within the CIC office network. Given the varying operational environments in different countries, comparisons between offices can be misleading.

For more information on processing times for spousal sponsorships, please visit the CIC Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp.

While I realize that this situation is distressing to you, I trust that the information provided is of
assistance.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shah gggggggg said:
ASLAM O ALYKUM dear all forum member's

May some month's baad aya hu forum per again meri dadii maa 22 agust se injurd hoi theen sep may CMH admit kerwaya operation bhi hwa unka but she's 92 year's old kamzoori ki waja se 29sep ko suba 4:45am unki death ho gyiii may odher busy tha aj forum per aya hu to deikha chc ne work start kiya hwa tha congratul jin jin ko hush habriii miliii hai and jinko nhn miliii wo meriii terha sabr karay

May Allah give you patience and make reckoning easy on your dadi maa alongside all those who are no longer with us.

azeeee

Jul 21, 2013
cvimm said:
Salam Dear,

After submission of your application to CPC - Mississauga upon your approval letter for the stage one you get a letter that your application transfer to CHC - ISL but actually instead it goes to CPPO - Ottawa and give and take stays there for about 10 to 12 months collecting Dirt and dust ( I have heard sometime they use his papers to Eat Bolani or Pakoras or Shawarma it depends on immigration officer mode . ) after that whatever left over they scan and upload it to what they call E - storage server to be available for immigration officer review in CHC- ISL. once your case get transfer to Islamabad they will do the initial review there to see what is missing documents need to be provided and what is expired which is the Medical and Police Certificate ( They are only good for one year from the date of issue ) so if its passed they will send you to re do it. now once case gets to CHC - ISB it all depends if mailing address or contact info is correct so there is no delay on correspondence and if all documents right and straight forward your case will be in and out about 6 month average + CPPO - Ottawa timing, so all together around 16 to 18 month, if there is a delay for example strike, holidays, or complex cases that required more background checks mostly Husband cases specially if there is ( Military service or Govt Service involved or verification or investigation) it will take longer 20 to 24 months extreme complex cases over 30 month. Keep that in mind that CHC - ISL runs 2 background checks for husbands one before Passport request and one after once passport received , wife cases only once. so dear that is the processing reality in nutshell for Afghan and Pak nationals. you will see some exceptions once in a while that some is 12 or 14 months but one or two case does not count the majority is above I mention. hope this info help you understand the reality and prep you mentally to deal with it. in my case is about 25 month now from submission its all done and I am still waiting for Passport request for my wife, see what happens. wish you all the best.

Regards.
CVimm
very much informative no doubt and I hope you will get a reply for passport request soon. inshaAllah

azeeee

Jul 21, 2013
micmac101 said:
Salam all they are reviewing our case Oct 25/13 and we will know a decision anytime after that I pray we get the answer we want and need In Sha Allah Only Allah knows better In Sha Allah
I wish you a very good luck and inshaAllah a positive reply with passport request is on its way.

azeeee

Jul 21, 2013
mudassar said:
Salam,

Thats great news, atleast you heard something. I havent heard a thing from isb and its been 2 months since re-medical request.

The only update is from my area MP who emailed me the response from islamabad a week ago:
"The applicant file is in active processing and recent medical results have been received and once its finalized we will inform the applicant"

Inshallah something positive will comes about this month!
Hello Mudassar, Its nice to hear from you, can you tell me how long your MP takes to give a reply to you?
its a a good news though something happening after remedical.

azeeee

Jul 21, 2013
hubby chubby said:
So, my wife just got a call from CHC representative today.

Well, we made a little error. She had studied in Islamabad in a university for 2years and when they asked for the repcc with just sent the one that she is currently at. (Thought being a women with no criminal activity, it wouldn`t be a major problem). However, CHC is very picky on that. The agent called (nice mannered), told her to quickly send pcc of Islamabad (and that all her other docs are passed and good). They also stated that heR case is on "fast track" (whatever that means) and if she had sent the pcc of ISB, her case would be done by now. Anyhow, he said we could have sent a letter, but we called because we want to finish the cases so send it asap. (Means ppr are coming).

What i got out of this is:

-They don't review file prior to re-med (mainly). They look at it in great details after. (He was stating out dates written on the papers and other docs)
-They do criminality/eligibility/security checks after remed.
-They usually open remed files within a month (been 30days we sent in the documents)
-They have two tracks "fast track" cases and "the rest"
-PPR are coming InshaAllah.

SEND THEM ALL DOCUMENTS, WE THINK THEY DON'T NEED IT. OR THEY WONT LOOK AT THIS. THEY DO!!.
Salam, its a great news and wish you a good luck,
hope to hear from you soon with a passport request.

sabaasad

Apr 2, 2013
Hello all can you please help me inshallah tomorrow it will a year when my file got transfered to islambad I just wanted to know what shall I write them so that they can give me some positive answer and also tht recently I have sumbitted my updated police certificate and viber log of me and my husbands chat but they didnt send any acknowledging letter what to do and since my files transfer I didnt hear anything from islamabad . Please guide me I want this distance to be over soon

Bunty123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga/Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-12
AOR Received.
31-10-12
File Transfer...
3-11-12
Passport Req..
Inshaa'Allah soon..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaa'Allah hoping for the best!
LANDED..........
Can't wait for that day!
We sent some additional documents to Ottawa. When my husband emailed them for reciept or confirmation they replied

Dear Madam,

We received your documents.

Your file is no longer being processed in our office and we are unable to comment on it.

Please direct your enquiries and additional information to Islamabad office.

Regards,

Case Processing Pilot.

What should we do? Wherr are our additional douments in ottawa or isl?

time to go

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabaasad said:
Hello all can you please help me inshallah tomorrow it will a year when my file got transfered to islambad I just wanted to know what shall I write them so that they can give me some positive answer and also tht recently I have sumbitted my updated police certificate and viber log of me and my husbands chat but they didnt send any acknowledging letter what to do and since my files transfer I didnt hear anything from islamabad . Please guide me I want this distance to be over soon
you better apply GCMS notes to see what is going on with your file, they do not reply quick they takes time to reply our queries.

time to go

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bunty123 said:
We sent some additional documents to Ottawa. When my husband emailed them for reciept or confirmation they replied

Dear Madam,

We received your documents.

Your file is no longer being processed in our office and we are unable to comment on it.

Please direct your enquiries and additional information to Islamabad office.

Regards,

Case Processing Pilot.

What should we do? Wherr are our additional douments in ottawa or isl?
yes now you can send your additional documents and any queries to chc islamabad as your file going to be process in isb.

urgr8

Aug 6, 2013
Can somebody tell me, what documents to be sent in originals/photocopies of sponsor (Toronto) and main applicant (Karachi) to Mississagua office,when applying for permanent residence in family sponership category ?

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
urgr8 said:
Can somebody tell me, what documents to be sent in originals/photocopies of sponsor (Toronto) and main applicant (Karachi) to Mississagua office,when applying for permanent residence in family sponership category ?

go through the document checklist. it will tell you everything in detail. but I remember as few send your original educational documents, your original nikkah namah, approved photocopies of your CNIC and other documents as stated

urgr8

Aug 6, 2013
waiting110 said:
go through the document checklist. it will tell you everything in detail. but I remember as few send your original educational documents, your original nikkah namah, approved photocopies of your CNIC and other documents as stated
approved photocopies of CNIC, means attested, I guess .. who will do the attestation .. do we need to attest Nikah Namah too from ministry of foriegn affairs ?