+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some times you don't have a choice, things have changed a lot...there were times when people were getting through with telephonic/Skype Nikkah....but now CIC can object / suspect a complete ruksati and valima case...even cases with children. So brother try to do the maximum on your part, don't leave anything for granted.

Few 2011 and most of the 2012 applicants are still in the visa queue before you, prey for an expedited processing for all of us...Inshallah

sponsorfa27 said:
Asalama Alaikum!

Ramzaan Mubarak!

Heres my Case.

Nikah Only Case. Feb 27th 2013 - Nikah - Send a lot of proof. 5 years of emails. nikah invitation. tons of pictures, text messages, presents 5 years worth of phone bills.
Submitted entire application in October 2013
Received Eligibility Letter in November 2013
Papers Gone to Islamabad

Okay guys!! Anyone and i mean ANYONE who can reply, or inbox me, that will be a GREAT help!! My case is just 9 months in... how long should i expect to hear from these islamabad people who are apparently sleeping?

Also... have any of you heard of any successful Nikah Only cases?.... Please share usernames.. so i cant get in touch with them.

**Please Note --- YES, i understand a rukhsuti should be done to be "safe" but common people. lets be reasonable here. We are in distance. Rukhsuti will make things twice as much harder. Honestly, Don't want to deal with that right now! And actually these people who are rejecting because a rukhsuti and valeema are not done, they need to be ashamed of themselves. just saying.

Any replys would be appreciated at this point.

Thanks!

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
December 19th 2014 - Rukhsati letter
Nomination.....
March 18th 2015 - Approved and Visa Issued Alhamdulilah!
AOR Received.
Janurary 27th 2014 via email
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
July 31st 2013 - Expired - Re-medical - February 19th 2015
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
May 26th 2015 Alhamdulilah!! Best day of my life!
canvis2006 said:
Well for Nikah cases, I think that if CIC delays, or wants interviews, you will know WHY they did that.

You can assure yourself in whatever way, as you have to live with whatever decision you make. The "distance" thing is not a good excuse.
(in my opinion)
its not a matter of "excuse". Any married person from experience knows the difficulty and the people reading our applications do so too. In these application there is not such thing as "excuse". Reasoning are reasoning.

if they have processed some cases with Nikah Only. Then they need to sponsor all. Fair is Fair. I mean these people don't give valid reasoning for anything. i feel so sorry for those who have been told to go back and get a rukhsuti because its not "genuine". if they want to do that, then tell them to send a cheque for the ticket price. Nikah is an islamic marriage. Rukhsuti and valeema are all cultural. That is pretty straight forward. They very well know that, but choose to make it a hassle.

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot argue with CIC...they are like a hard wall...you are risking your own head and insanity....It would take months before you even listen from them after the application is submitted...btw ...CIC knows the difference between a ruksati and a full valima ;D ... check the country specific form that they want you to submit.

sponsorfa27 said:
its not a matter of "excuse". Any married person from experience knows the difficulty and the people reading our applications do so too. In these application there is not such thing as "excuse". Reasoning are reasoning.

if they have processed some cases with Nikah Only. Then they need to sponsor all. Fair is Fair. I mean these people don't give valid reasoning for anything. i feel so sorry for those who have been told to go back and get a rukhsuti because its not "genuine". if they want to do that, then tell them to send a cheque for the ticket price. Nikah is an islamic marriage. Rukhsuti and valeema are all cultural. That is pretty straight forward. They very well know that, but choose to make it a hassle.

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
adv2244 said:
Some times you don't have a choice, things have changed a lot...there were times when people were getting through with telephonic/Skype Nikkah....but now CIC can object / suspect a complete ruksati and valima case...even cases with children. So brother try to do the maximum on your part, don't leave anything for granted.

Few 2011 and most of the 2012 applicants are still in the visa queue before you, prey for an expedited processing for all of us...Inshallah
I understand that, but Nikah is an islamic marriage, Why do they go after cultural rasams? If they dont force me to go through the rukhsati and valeema (in shaa Allah) i probably won't have one. Why spend your money on all these rasams? When you can save that money and have a happily married life?.... MashALLAH i had a great Nikah, wonderful day, and that was my wedding day! These people need to learn to understand that.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
sponsorfa27 said:

Time line for Islamabad is still up in the air, no expected time period. Files in London are getting done at a very high pace and people are getting updates constantly.

No, you didn't understand how easy it would have made your case. Rejecting on basis of rukhsati and valima are ideal to deter marriage of convenience as desi people will be least interested in doing a rukhsati for you know why reasons.
Nobody is questioning the merit of Nikah vs Rukhsati valima. If you were hell bent on expecting an Islamic process I guess its late to tell you that you didn't apply in the right country. This is one of the few ways they can detect and deter marriage of convenience and is their only concern.

You either convince them why you didn't do rukhsati as it was hard for you to deal with adult life or you get your rukhsati done when they ask you nicely.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
sponsorfa27 said:
I understand that, but Nikah is an islamic marriage, Why do they go after cultural rasams? If they dont force me to go through the rukhsati and valeema (in shaa Allah) i probably won't have one. Why spend your money on all these rasams? When you can save that money and have a happily married life?.... MashALLAH i had a great Nikah, wonderful day, and that was my wedding day! These people need to learn to understand that.
I and most people here would agree with everything you have said. Nobody is arguing the legitimacy of Nikah vs rukhsati, this will not change based on all the pre&post wedding shoots I see littered on facebook everyday, the expensive "wedding planners" and ridiculously expansive parties.

Look at it objectively, your goal is to get the process done not change the system. You will long gone after your process is done and may never think about this again [until its your kid's turn to get married]. Wait for CIC to contact you and then do what is required to get this process out of the way.

Going back to your religious point, you had to do Valima anyways what was your excuse to not have the valima ?

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fizz1234 said:
Time line for Islamabad is still up in the air, no expected time period. Files in London are getting done at a very high pace and people are getting updates constantly.

No, you didn't understand how easy it would have made your case. Rejecting on basis of rukhsati and valima are ideal to deter marriage of convenience as desi people will be least interested in doing a rukhsati for you know why reasons.
Nobody is questioning the merit of Nikah vs Rukhsati valima. If you were hell bent on expecting an Islamic process I guess its late to tell you that you didn't apply in the right country. This is one of the few ways they can detect and deter marriage of convenience and is their only concern.

You either convince them why you didn't do rukhsati as it was hard for you to deal with adult life or you get your rukhsati done when they ask you nicely.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well said. +1

I would just like to correct 'sponsorfa27' that Nikkah and Valima are Islamic whereas Ruksati, Mehendi, Mayoon, Mangni are cultural ... though this is the fact, as 'fizz1234' put it the CIC wants to see more events ... the more the better your case. This is practical ... but you sound like me ... I only push for Nikkah and Valima so I had these done plus ruksati ... no mehendi/mayoon, and no mangni [engagement].

Its wise to get ruksati and walima done cz ur gonna do it eventually .. might as well save time and headache of doing it now than in 30 - 45 days short notice when CIC sends the letter requesting ruksati/walima pics. Just preaching what I practiced ... I also initially applied on a nikkah then this year got ruksati and walima done.

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
fizz1234 said:

Its not about "hard for you deal with adult life" Its about the damn 3 years of distance they throw in our faces. That is whether or not you get the rukhsuti or not. I have a friend who had proper marriage and everything has 2 kids, her process took 10 years to get processed. Why? Because these people were careless and lost her file.

My point is that they are careless. They don't care. They know all the reasonings, They know what an islamic marriage is, they know it all.
I didn't post here asking for your opinion on a Nikah Only marriage, i asked if anyone knew anyone who has completed this kind of case, or is going through it. That you can refer me to. You don't know anyone? Don't reply. I asked what the next step would be and how long until i hear from them. You don't know? So don't reply simple. I was just stating that i am aware of all this rukhsuti made up crap. So that people like you wouldn't reply like the way you did.

There are many people out there who do get visa without rukhsuti. If they decide to ask me to go, i will obviously go and get it done. I dont need you to tell me to do that.

Thanks

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sponsorfa27 said:
Its not about "hard for you deal with adult life" Its about the damn 3 years of distance they throw in our faces. That is whether or not you get the rukhsuti or not. I have a friend who had proper marriage and everything has 2 kids, her process took 10 years to get processed. Why? Because these people were careless and lost her file.

My point is that they are careless. They don't care. They know all the reasonings, They know what an islamic marriage is, they know it all.
I didn't post here asking for your opinion on a Nikah Only marriage, i asked if anyone knew anyone who has completed this kind of case, or is going through it. That you can refer me to. You don't know anyone? Don't reply. I asked what the next step would be and how long until i hear from them. You don't know? So don't reply simple. I was just stating that i am aware of all this rukhsuti made up crap. So that people like you wouldn't reply like the way you did.

There are many people out there who do get visa without rukhsuti. If they decide to ask me to go, i will obviously go and get it done. I dont need you to tell me to do that.

Thanks
No one is contradicting you ... just helping you and advising you.

Yes, I know of a case of far relatives ... they were nikkah only case ... applied Nov or Dec 2011. Got visa and now they are doing ruksati ... so yes, there are cases and you should not lose hope. Make dua and pray ... we are only advising for ruksati because that removes the 50:50 chance of getting in that dreaded interview queue or risk of being asked for pics on such short notice and have the file tucked away for another 2-4 months.

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
OmNi2012 said:
Couldn't have put it better myself. Well said. +1

I would just like to correct 'sponsorfa27' that Nikkah and Valima are Islamic whereas Ruksati, Mehendi, Mayoon, Mangni are cultural ... though this is the fact, as 'fizz1234' put it the CIC wants to see more events ... the more the better your case. This is practical ... but you sound like me ... I only push for Nikkah and Valima so I had these done plus ruksati ... no mehendi/mayoon, and no mangni [engagement].

Its wise to get ruksati and walima done cz ur gonna do it eventually .. might as well save time and headache of doing it now than in 30 - 45 days short notice when CIC sends the letter requesting ruksati/walima pics. Just preaching what I practiced ... I also initially applied on a nikkah then this year got ruksati and walima done.
Well if people have been getting it without a a rukhsuti and valeema. I'm gonna stand by it and wait for them to say something. (if they do). I provided a lot of proof. Whole file had to weight about 8 lbs. My immigration Lawyer even said that my case was strong. I am aware of all these points. I posted here to find out what the next step was...

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
OmNi2012 said:
No one is contradicting you ... just helping you and advising you.

Yes, I know of a case of far relatives ... they were nikkah only case ... applied Nov or Dec 2011. Got visa and now they are doing ruksati ... so yes, there are cases and you should not lose hope. Make dua and pray ... we are only advising for ruksati because that removes the 50:50 chance of getting in that dreaded interview queue or risk of being asked for pics on such short notice and have the file tucked away for another 2-4 months.
Okay well thank you. I'm sorry if i sounded rude. But these people have just driven me up the wall. I didn't even get my eligibility letter that was dated in November Until January of this year. I got it because i emailed them a long email. Then they sent it to me in my email inbox, the next day. Its the month of Ramadan. I pray that all cases get done smoothly. Please remember me in your duaas.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sponsorfa27 said:
Okay well thank you. I'm sorry if i sounded rude. But these people have just driven me up the wall. I didn't even get my eligibility letter that was dated in November Until January of this year. I got it because i emailed them a long email. Then they sent it to me in my email inbox, the next day. Its the month of Ramadan. I pray that all cases get done smoothly. Please remember me in your duaas.
InshaaaAllah :) don't you worry ... I make dua for everyone on this forum and hope everyone else makes for each other. We are all a team ... and yes we get frustrated, but no worries! That passport request day is near ... at least London's working wayyyyyy better than Islamabad :p

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
OmNi2012 said:
InshaaaAllah :) don't you worry ... I make dua for everyone on this forum and hope everyone else makes for each other. We are all a team ... and yes we get frustrated, but no worries! That passport request day is near ... at least London's working wayyyyyy better than Islamabad :p

Couldn't agree more! ;D

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
sponsorfa27 said:

good luck explaining what you wrote above, to CHC-Islamabad.

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
canvis2006 said:
good luck explaining what you wrote above, to CHC-Islamabad.
You cannot explain anything to them... its quite impossible..they do what they want at the end. Jst an opinion. I you or no one else on these forums can change that. :-[

I posted here with a question and received my answer. Thanks.