Dec 2011
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Passport Req..
Jul 2014
Naqibee said:
rkinvest are you sponsoring your husband?
no it's a wife case

rkinvest

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Re-PCC Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Passport Req..
Jul 2014
hubby chubby said:
Then that confirms your file being in Islamabad.
that's what i thought so

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Yes, there was no progress since remed.

But since transfer to LVO. E-cas changed.

Which means eligibility probably passed and working on background checks.

Waiting for ppr IA.

Khawaja786 said:
Did you ordered notes after your second medical?

I mean earlier noted provided you any progress after second medical?

mari_amm

Jan 31, 2014
rkinvest said:
I got PCC request with the meds...nothing after that so far

App. Filed.......: October 2011
File Transfer...: December 2011
ReMeds/PCC....: Jan 2014
Same thing for my husband. Remeds/PCC done and sent on 30th dec 2013. Still nothing.....file is saying that they are doing background check.

MarriedMunda

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed"

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Yes, this system is probably followed for many countries.

However, for Pakistani's spouses.

The process jumps from here to there and back and forth.

If i looked at my case according to this graph. it would seems they started from the middle when to beginning and reached end to go back to the middle.

MarriedMunda said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed"

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
I know this girl who applied for husband in march 2013 and today got the request for medical but only chest x-ray .. is it considered re medical or the chest x-ray wasn't right the first time so they are asking for it again?

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Yes, it could be that they found something adverse the 1st time around.

waiting110 said:
I know this girl who applied for husband in march 2013 and today got the request for medical but only chest x-ray .. is it considered re medical or the chest x-ray wasn't right the first time so they are asking for it again?

N.Ali

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd January 2013
Doc's Request.
28th July 2014
AOR Received.
5th Febuary 2013
File Transfer...
5th July 2014 to London
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
1st Medical 10th Dec 2012. 2nd Medical 28th August 2014
Passport Req..
21th January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th February 2015
LANDED..........
31th July 2015
i emailed london and they replied telling me my file has been transfered to london, reply came on 5th june, so it means file acctuallygot transfered on 5th or they are telling me now and file was transferred before?

sadiaomarbv

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Visa Office......
chc isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
november 2013
Med's Done....
november 2013
Passport Req..
ppr 1 on 12 june ppr 2 on 25 june
VISA ISSUED...
9 july alhumdulillah:)
hubby chubby said:
Yes, there was no progress since remed.

But since transfer to LVO. E-cas changed.

Which means eligibility probably passed and working on background checks.

Waiting for ppr IA.
i don't understand what they are checking on us....its been so long already....i don't know why they are doing this to us....

sadiaomarbv

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Visa Office......
chc isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
november 2013
Med's Done....
november 2013
Passport Req..
ppr 1 on 12 june ppr 2 on 25 june
VISA ISSUED...
9 july alhumdulillah:)
in sha ALLAH we will hear good news soon........be patience and be positive.......(which is completely insane)thats what i heard from my hubby all the time......:(...so what else we can do.......???ya Allah reham ferma......

shakeel1

Mar 26, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2013
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-2014
Med's Request
Expired in April 2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2014 DM Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ALLAH KA SHUKER HA
VISA ISSUED...
ALLAH KA SHUKER HA. AGYA HA
LANDED..........
JALDEE
salam
i applied Notes for my spouse file 2 days ago and today got this reply.

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act, which was received on June 9, 2014, for the following records:

“the electronic sponsorship file concerning ''Spouse Name''.

I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason(s):

The consent of (spouse name) is required to process your request and allow us to release your client’s information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, and indicate to whom authority is given with the printed name of the person giving consent. Ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and ensure that the consent form has the signature date and date of birth. Furthermore, one of the boxes on the consent form under section D:

“I authorize CIC to release my personal information to the individual named above (by mail) or (by email)”

what should i do now?

Can i fill up and signed the form by myself and email to them?
Will it effect our file?

Please reply. Thanks

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Sounds like you had issue with your consent letter. Either signatures were missing for some of the applicants in file or the sponsor signature. Also do mention how would you like get back requested info (physical mail or email). I would resend the entire request again.

qureshi11

Oct 5, 2013
I think u have to send consent form again signed and dated for both you and your spouse. this was happened to me last time when i order notes but when i resend consent form again i got notes in a month or so
shakeel1 said:
salam
i applied Notes for my spouse file 2 days ago and today got this reply.

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act, which was received on June 9, 2014, for the following records:

“the electronic sponsorship file concerning ''Spouse Name''.

I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason(s):

The consent of (spouse name) is required to process your request and allow us to release your client's information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, and indicate to whom authority is given with the printed name of the person giving consent. Ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and ensure that the consent form has the signature date and date of birth. Furthermore, one of the boxes on the consent form under section D:

“I authorize CIC to release my personal information to the individual named above (by mail) or (by email)”

what should i do now?

Can i fill up and signed the form by myself and email to them?
Will it effect our file?

Please reply. Thanks

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Yes, it has been long. Though i think this is the final lap God willing.

sadiaomarbv said:
i don't understand what they are checking on us....its been so long already....i don't know why they are doing this to us....