Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2013
AOR Received.
January 2012
File Transfer...
From CPPO- Ottawa to CHC - ISL - May 2013/ From CHC - ISL to CHC New Delhi Feb 2014
Med's Request
Remed/ RePCC and Supporting Doc Request- June 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Interview Scheduled in June- CHC New Delhi
Passport Req..
June 2014 - CHC New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2014
cvimm said:
Thanks Dear Farhan for your suggestion, would you be kind enough to give me their actual web link, phone or addresses and how much they charge for the entire service ( Pick and drop ) that would be great. thanks.
Hi Dear Members, I just come a cross of this great info regarding, Background check that many explain some of our question want to bring to your attention, Wish every one best of luck.

Regards,

CVimm.

Background & Security Checks processing Manual

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Farhan1

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Yes Al-Hamdolillah!
sundus101 said:
Salam... U really worked hard to achieve ur goal n definitely Allah Tala help U.. n U will get ur Visa soon inshaAllah...:) U prayed, U fight for it, atleast u hv no guilt tht u didnt do any thing n u r totally satisfied....:) ur timeline really encouraging me to wait n have pray from Allah n definitely Allah have better plans for us....because HE always do better for us...:) but as u write tht wn u applied ur time was 14-18 months n now it is almost 30 n u r still waiting, i m really scared what will happen to me as wn applied the time was 24 months, 22 completed n heard nothing ....:( till wn i hv to wait....:( really scared...:( May Allah help help me to get out of this mess soon n get my Visa within the limited time...!!! Plz remeber me in ur prayers....!!!
Wait until your GCMS notes come and then decide future course of action. And don't worry about the timeline too much. They are technically trying to reduce the backlog. Nevertheless, it is my guess that fewer people are applying anyway.

Farhan1

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Yes Al-Hamdolillah!
hira.n said:
Thanks user828 :D.. We have a total of 17 passports including mine and my parents passports! My parents have 6-7 each and i have 3 in total.. They will go insane if we sent them all ! haha :p.. That's y i was asking if its feasible to just send the recent one or not..
How about you take the middle path and send the latest passport along with the most recent expired one instead of all the previous ones? Just a thought....rest is up to you.

Farhan1

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Yes Al-Hamdolillah!
cvimm said:
Thanks Dear Farhan for your suggestion, would you be kind enough to give me their actual web link, phone or addresses and how much they charge for the entire service ( Pick and drop ) that would be great. thanks.
Google ''TCS Pakistan''
I don't now their charges as I'm not from Pakistan.

innocent_eyez

Sep 1, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Hubby's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
::: Sep 2011
File Transfer...
::: Nov 2011
Med's Request
::: July 17 2012
Med's Done....
::: July 25 2012
Interview........
::: Alhamdulillah Wavied! ecase updated 'In Process' Feb/19/13 ( RE.PCC and forms to fill request on April 20th 2013 )
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah on June 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made June 30 pp back with Visa Masha'Allah on July 9
LANDED..........
In July Insh'Allah
Farhan1 said:
Google ''TCS Pakistan''
I don't now their charges as I'm not from Pakistan.
I send u a msg i think u dint check can u plz tell me wat is the expiry date on
Ur wife pp is it her medical expiry ?

in love with my hubby

Oct 15, 2012
Visa Office......
OTTAWA /ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 DEC 2011
Doc's Request.
re- pcc on 20 june 2013, chc rec. 18 july 13
File Transfer...
14 FEB 2012
Med's Request
20 june 2013
Med's Done....
3rd july 2013
Passport Req..
alhumdulillah! on 5th nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2013 yeaaaah!!!!
LANDED..........
1rst dec 2013
can any one plz tell after how many days ecas changes after re med?

Farhan1

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Yes Al-Hamdolillah!
in love with my hubby said:
can any one plz tell after how many days ecas changes after re med?
It varies. But it can happen within 10 days of doing your medical. However, for some people, it takes longer as the VO might not update the e-case right away.

Farhan1

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Yes Al-Hamdolillah!
innocent_eyez said:
I send u a msg i think u dint check can u plz tell me wat is the expiry date on
Ur wife pp is it her medical expiry ?
You mean her "visa"? Yes, for anyone when receives Visa, it expires exactly one year from the date of the latest medical.

innocent_eyez

Sep 1, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Hubby's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
::: Alhamdulillah Wavied! ecase updated 'In Process' Feb/19/13 ( RE.PCC and forms to fill request on April 20th 2013 )
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In July Insh'Allah
Farhan1 said:
You mean her "visa"? Yes, for anyone when receives Visa, it expires exactly one year from the date of the latest medical.
Okk thanks

hira.n

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-06-2012
File Transfer...
16-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013 Alhumdulillah :)
LANDED..........
Soon In Shaa Allah :)
Farhan1 said:
How about you take the middle path and send the latest passport along with the most recent expired one instead of all the previous ones? Just a thought....rest is up to you.
Thanks farhan .. Yeah this is a good idea.. I had asked few more people and they were like some of them just sent the recent one's and others sent all of them since they didn't have a bundle of passports unlike us ::)

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
innocent_eyez said:
Its almost goin to b a year since they have ur pp this is crazy do u knw why its takin so long
Did ur order gcma notes i mean they shudnt take tht long when they ask for ur pp
Well it is stuck in third party investigations! We contact our MP every month and he says the same thing. I don't think there is any reason to order Gcms notes because we already know where it's stuck. I hope you get to hear good news soon InshaAllah.

luck007

May 13, 2012
Assalamualaikum everyone,

I need your guidance for filing the spouse visa

i'm done with the forms and documents but not sure about the original documents.... it says

Nationals of Pakistan

The following documents are required for you, the principle applicant, and for each of your
dependent family members, if applicable to your situation:

• Original birth certificates for yourself and your family members including your spouse or
common-law partner. A birth certificate is acceptable if the registration of the birth was made
shortly after the birth.

• Original marriage certificate for you and your spouse (Nikkah Nama).

• Original educational documents for you and your family members such as transcripts indicating
a list of courses taken, scores achieved as well as certificates obtained.

cvimm

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO - Ottawa/ CHC - Islamabad/ CHC - New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2013
AOR Received.
January 2012
File Transfer...
From CPPO- Ottawa to CHC - ISL - May 2013/ From CHC - ISL to CHC New Delhi Feb 2014
Med's Request
Remed/ RePCC and Supporting Doc Request- June 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Interview Scheduled in June- CHC New Delhi
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2014
luck007 said:
Assalamualaikum everyone,

I need your guidance for filing the spouse visa

i'm done with the forms and documents but not sure about the original documents.... it says

Nationals of Pakistan

The following documents are required for you, the principle applicant, and for each of your
dependent family members, if applicable to your situation:

• Original birth certificates for yourself and your family members including your spouse or
common-law partner. A birth certificate is acceptable if the registration of the birth was made
shortly after the birth.

• Original marriage certificate for you and your spouse (Nikkah Nama).

• Original educational documents for you and your family members such as transcripts indicating
a list of courses taken, scores achieved as well as certificates obtained.
Hi Dear Luck007,

its great that you have done all your forms, I just want to add couple of more suggestion based on my personal experience dealing with CIC, I have been here in Canada for almonst 20 years, please do the following :

* In the top of your application complete make sure you give proper answer to all forms, specially the part of sponsorship Question part that talks a bout your relationship details from development to Wedding, explain it as best as possible if you need more space use attachment paper, the rest is just bio info about you and your spouse, make sure all question answered in all forms, if its not applicable wright N/A but dont leave it empty, make sure your correspondence address is all correct 100% it save you a lot of time and terrible when they want to contact you and please provide them a valid email address so they can communicate with you via email its the best way to contact you its quick, save and secure.

* In respect to your original documents, you can send them the original and they will return it to you when the application is finalized, either approved or refuse, BUT you can send them the certified copies of all document if you wish it will cost you some money it has to be done through Lawyer or Notary Public here in Canada you can shop around and find a cheap one there are some mobile notary public they will come to your place of choice to certified it for you, its legal and its as good as original and acceptable by all Govt Agency in Canada specially if you dont want to take risk of losing your originals by mail or other circumstances, please keep that in mind that if you are not sure about the document nature or genuineness please don't submit it at all or not mention it any case very important.

* Please attach as much as supporting documents you can, pictures, emails, chat logs, money transfer slips, wedding expenses slips, your passport bio data page with your entry/exit stamp of visiting your spouse for wedding or trip, boarding passes, E ticket all of that don't worry send it all, when it comes to your pictures send them all like you telling them your love journey from start to end, send all the important pictures of important moments like for example exchanging your ring, Nikha and the rest make sure you mark all names in pictures who they are and date picture was taken and keep the note for your self if they ask you or your spouse for interview you know it all.

* Make sure all complete, signed and all fees are paid, keep photo copies of everything for your own record and communicate all with your spouse at the later date to be ready and informed, that is it my friend send through registered mail and believe me if you do what I told you, the rest is smooth, we all live and learn, take care my friend and wish you all the best, I have given my best advice to you for free please help others and share it, if you went through consultant or Lawyer that will cost here in Canada some where around $4000 to $6000, please keep me on your pryer my friend, wish you all the best and good luck and more important get your visa soon.

innocent_eyez

Sep 1, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Hubby's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In July Insh'Allah
Okk I have a problem my hubby's file number with f#********* is not working cud there be technical problem or wat
Mine identification number is working but his is not shud I be worried??

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
innocent_eyez said:
Okk I have a problem my hubby's file number with f#********* is not working cud there be technical problem or wat
Mine identification number is working but his is not shud I be worried??
dont worry that happens to everyone which means that ur ppr is comin in sha allah