Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Raheel27a said:
Yeah thats what i researched too but i told my wife to bring employment letter with you because if CHC require any proof about returning back to canada then we will be able to present that emplyment letter to them
I found this online on CIC website:

"Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad"
"In order to sponsor, you must live in Canada or provide evidence , if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live exclusively in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident"

I would just classify myself travelling as a tourist, I am therefore not residing abroad. But yes, the second part shows that it would be helpful to have a letter from sponsor or a house in her name so you can provide proof that you guys both want to settle in Canada.

Raheel27a

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 feb 2013
Doc's Request.
14 aug 2014, 5 sep 2014, 16 sep 2014
File Transfer...
15 mar 2013
Med's Request
05 sep 2014
Med's Done....
15 sep 2014
Passport Req..
9th feb 2015 (passport submited thru VAC on 10th of feb 2015) (Decision Made on 18 feb 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11th march 2015
Wyz said:
I found this online on CIC website:

"Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad"
"In order to sponsor, you must live in Canada or provide evidence , if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live exclusively in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident"

I would just classify myself travelling as a tourist, I am therefore not residing abroad. But yes, the second part shows that it would be helpful to have a letter from sponsor or a house in her name so you can provide proof that you guys both want to settle in Canada.
Hey thats very usefull info thanks

Suzum27

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISL/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2011
Doc's Request.
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
31-JAN-2012
File Transfer...
7-FEB-2012
Med's Request
8 May 2014
Med's Done....
13th May 2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 12th June 2014 and PPR 2 on 25th June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 4 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2014
Hi guys!

I have a request for all the member whose files r in Ottawa! :) Please please care to join the thread Ottawa: Sponsorship of a spouse in Pakistan - it's a thread made by Wyz she wishes all our Ottawa members under one thread as well :)

TMAK

Oct 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-11
File Transfer...
14-09-11
Med's Request
29-06-12
Med's Done....
11-07-12
Hi all,

Just an update. We applied in July 2011, and we finally received the ppr request on April 19, 2013. It said that the immigration visa seemed ready for issuance. I was wondering if it means that it will be issued quickly or if there is still a possibility of a long wait?

Also, for the girls who sponsored their husbands and are planning to go back and live with them for months or a year, what about your jobs? Where would you live when he gets here? Unless the husband is really rich, one of the partners would need to work and save money here.

T

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an update on the case of me trying to get my son to come to Canada with me as he was born in Pakistan. The Citizenship application has been rejected for the third time. I am a Canadian Citizen and Canadian born, and not of Pakistani Origin or anyone from my family. My son is a Canadian because of me descent. They rejected his application first time saying the hospital birth certificate is not accepted even though it has all stamps and attestation of both Pakistan Foreign Affairs and Afghan Embassy.

They told me in person at CHC-Islamabad that everything is good just get Union Council Birth. I finally did and sent everything but they rejected it saying that the birth certificate is not of legal paper. Saying that it seems to be photocopied. Will CHC-Islamabad is the crappiest and worst embassy in the world. They seem to be looking for a bone inside a d***. Then add the bottom they are saying to send my son's Afghan Citizen Card (for refugees). First of all they don't issue them anymore as the expiry of the original cards are end of 2012. My son is born in 2013. And plus if they still did issue it, takes more than 1 month of processing, so how can someone travel urgently to Canada if they are asking for more bullshit everytime I send something. Why cant stupid CHC-Islamabad say everything they want in one shot and why make all this trouble for a baby.

IronHubby

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London ( file transfer Feb 2014)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
may 2014
AOR Received.
Jan 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
sep 2014
Med's Done....
sep 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
ppr1 and ppr2 together sep 2014
VISA ISSUED...
9th Oct 14
LANDED..........
inshaAllah soon
Guys I am trying to find out where my case has landed . I am a November, 2011 applicant and January, 2012 transfer. I am trying to figure out if my case is in Ottawa or Islamabad. The email which was sent to the sponsor explicitly mentioned that the file was being transferred to Islamabad. There has been no update on medical received either. I sent proves of the sponsors second visit to Islamabad and I am wondering if my case would have been updated or if the file is in Ottawa. Have already submitted a request for notes and emailed Ottawa/Islamabad. These are crucial years of life spent living apart :(

wania

Sep 18, 2012
Hi guys

can any one please provide me the contact information of CIC medical centers in karachi or if some can provide me the link for the list of medicals for re-medical
Thanks

IronHubby

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
may 2014
AOR Received.
Jan 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
sep 2014
Med's Done....
sep 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
9th Oct 14
LANDED..........
inshaAllah soon
wania said:
Hi guys

can any one please provide me the contact information of CIC medical centers in karachi or if some can provide me the link for the list of medicals for re-medical
Thanks
Info is available on CIC website. Just type "medical pakistan" in the search field. The very first link

Karachi IOM Migration Health Assessment Center - Karachi IOM - Migration Health Assessment Center - Karachi,
H. No F-8/1 TIPU SULTAN ROAD, KDA SCHEME 1,
(Adjacent to main Karsaz road),

+92-51-111-466-472

IronHubby

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
may 2014
AOR Received.
Jan 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
sep 2014
Med's Done....
sep 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
9th Oct 14
LANDED..........
inshaAllah soon
Hello All

Just got off the phone with CIC helpline. So found out that the file is with Ottawa pilot project. Just wondering, if Islamabad would have sent the subsequent docs/proves of my spouses Pakistan visit to Ottawa. Call center agent suggested that I should send these documents again to Ottawa. Also she said that CIC has not received my medical which I had gotten done in Nov, 2011. Asked me to call back with doctors info. Has expired anyways but I am just wondering if they were sent to Islamabad and the case is with Ottawa so might have gotten misplaced :( . Has anyone heard from the Ott Pil project yet. Has anyone sent subsequent documents to Ottawa and has received acknowledgement from them?

n3z

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 2011
Doc's Request.
july 2012
AOR Received.
july 2012
File Transfer...
dec 2011
Med's Request
oct 2012
Med's Done....
nov 2012
Interview........
waived (Allah ka shukr hai)
Passport Req..
7th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st may 2013
LANDED..........
June 2013....inshAllah :-)
Aoa guys

Alhamdullilah! My status has been changed to decision made since last Thursday.
I havnt rcvd my PP back from embassy until now.
Can I knw frm senior members max how much time wod it take to get it bak??
Dis waiting thingy is so exhausting!

innocent_eyez

Sep 1, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Hubby's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
::: Sep 2011
File Transfer...
::: Nov 2011
Med's Request
::: July 17 2012
Med's Done....
::: July 25 2012
Interview........
::: Alhamdulillah Wavied! ecase updated 'In Process' Feb/19/13 ( RE.PCC and forms to fill request on April 20th 2013 )
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah on June 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made June 30 pp back with Visa Masha'Allah on July 9
LANDED..........
In July Insh'Allah
Re-medical In Process Re.PCC PPR

innocent_eyez July 25th 2012 Feb 19th April 20th 2013 Waiting

Khanb5 Aug 7th 2012 IN SHA ALLAH SOON July 2013 IN SHA ALLAH SOON

13MERA7 24 APRIL 2013 12MARCH 2013 WAITING FOR PPR

Princesss/Shah ggggg DEC 5th 2012 Application Received Never asked This Summer, maybe..
(JUNE 10th 2011) (expired since JAN,2013)

Hopefully very soon Waiting Feb 13th March 22nd Waiting

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
n3z said:
Aoa guys

Alhamdullilah! My status has been changed to decision made since last Thursday.
I havnt rcvd my PP back from embassy until now.
Can I knw frm senior members max how much time wod it take to get it bak??
Dis waiting thingy is so exhausting!
Walekum Assalam,

Congratulations !

You can get the passport back anytime now.. Most of the times they send them out on fridays through TCS, so you can get it either on friday or saturday.

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
TMAK said:
Hi all,

Just an update. We applied in July 2011, and we finally received the ppr request on April 19, 2013. It said that the immigration visa seemed ready for issuance. I was wondering if it means that it will be issued quickly or if there is still a possibility of a long wait?

Also, for the girls who sponsored their husbands and are planning to go back and live with them for months or a year, what about your jobs? Where would you live when he gets here? Unless the husband is really rich, one of the partners would need to work and save money here.

T
For me and many other girls I know who have sponsored their husband, I currently live with my parents. When we come back, we will be living in my parents' house until I find (and subsequently my husband finds) a job and we move out. You don't have to have a minimum income to actually sponsor a spouse.

TMAK

Oct 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-11
File Transfer...
14-09-11
Med's Request
29-06-12
Med's Done....
11-07-12
That's kind of weird. It's like being a "ghar jamai".

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
TMAK said:
That's kind of weird. It's like being a "ghar jamai".
You have to put ego aside when it comes to sponsorship and when the husband or wife is being pulled away from the comfort zone of their home country.

I personally think that it will be great for my husband to be with my family for awhile, because over there too, he lives in a joint family system. It will be less of a shock coming from so many people to only 1 person...at least there will be 3 other people.