7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
n3z said:
Background chks even aftr ppr! Now normal is dat? Or rarely in some cases?
But looking at ur timeline....u were askd to submit pp only aftrr a month of askng additionsl proofs...dat is very unusual...n besides case was filled in oct 2011 ur medical wads done lets say in oct 11..dat means it was expired in oct 2012..u werent askd to redo it....
My case was filled in oct 2011 few days before urs...n in every step i had a gape of 3-4 months....i was askd to do re medical in nov 2012...n askd to submitt p in march 2013.......ur timeline is very different
Our time line is totally out of control. It took a good start but now this! They did kind of ask for a re-med in the form of a chest x-ray which they were calling 'medical furtherance'. So my medical is valid till Sept 2013. I just hope my passport is returned before that and i don't have to get a third medical done. So now that you have submitted the passport im sure it must be on its way InshaAllah. The wait is almost over for you! :)

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
I would like to ask if anyone knows that if CHC-I send's PPR to my lawyer here in Toronto will they still use TCS or regular mail??? Did anyone recevied there ppr here in Canada??? if yes please let me know how long does it take?? I would highly and greatly appreciate all your help.

Kasam_se

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Thunder Bay
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
01-06-2012
File Transfer...
01-06-2012
Med's Request
13-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
Interview........
13-03-2014
Passport Req..
10-04-2014 (step 1) 12 may for step 2
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2014
Hey guys. Congrats to those who already received their PPR and may Allah bring it to all in waiting.

My question to you folks is that I am sponsoring my wife and got approval June 2012. My case is Nikkah only and I was wondering will that affect my case in any way? It was arranged but she is my dad's cousin's daughter. How concerned should I be? Is there any nikkah cases around here that have been approved? I read a couple posts some say it doesn't matter while most say it matters.

Just wanna know from experienced people around here.

Thank You.

Farhan1

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Yes Al-Hamdolillah!
sabii said:
Hi,

My husband got re-pcc and PPR together in the end of february--it took him around 2 weeks to get PCC from 2 cities of Pakistan so he sent pcc and pp around 10 or 11 March and i think received pp back end of March... (sorry i dont remember the dates) i will provide the dates after confirming it with my hubby.
Thanks a lot!!!

This is very promising. If this timeline sticks in my case too, I hope my wife receives PPR before the end of this month Insha Allah Insha Allah!!

Farhan1

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Yes Al-Hamdolillah!
Kasam_se said:
Hey guys. Congrats to those who already received their PPR and may Allah bring it to all in waiting.

My question to you folks is that I am sponsoring my wife and got approval June 2012. My case is Nikkah only and I was wondering will that affect my case in any way? It was arranged but she is my dad's cousin's daughter. How concerned should I be? Is there any nikkah cases around here that have been approved? I read a couple posts some say it doesn't matter while most say it matters.

Just wanna know from experienced people around here.

Thank You.
I was a Nikah case and they asked when the plan is for Rukhsati and why it wasn't done earlier. So, unless you have a genuine reason to have Rukhsati later, I suggest you do your Rukhsati as soon as possible and send them the proofs voluntarily.

I gave them a perfectly good reason for not doing Rukhsati earlier and they still put me in interview queue. I only got out of the queue after Rukhsati and now my case is in its 24th month.

Only in very rare cases, they accept Nikah cases; otherwise, Nikah cases are usually not resolved without Rukhsati.

Kasam_se

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Thunder Bay
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
01-06-2012
File Transfer...
01-06-2012
Med's Request
13-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
Interview........
13-03-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2014
Farhan1 said:
I was a Nikah case and they asked when the plan is for Rukhsati and why it wasn't done earlier. So, unless you have a genuine reason to have Rukhsati later, I suggest you do your Rukhsati as soon as possible and send them the proofs voluntarily.

I gave them a perfectly good reason for not doing Rukhsati earlier and they still put me in interview queue. I only got out of the queue after Rukhsati and now my case is in its 24th month.

Only in very rare cases, they accept Nikah cases; otherwise, Nikah cases are usually not resolved without Rukhsati.
Hmmm. That sucks. I just didn't want to leave my wife after rukhsati so I always wanted to do ruskhsati when I could bring her right back with me. Now I have to re-plan the whole thing. After rukhsati it will be really hard to live apart and I salute all you soldiers out here who are living it. But I guess I have to get in line behind you guys and do rukhsati.

hotshot

Oct 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 2011
Med's Request
Re-med: Oct. 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 2012 ecas update "in process" Feb/19/2013 - ecas update "decision made" April 6,2013
Passport Req..
March/21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 3,2013
LANDED..........
April 21, 2013 IA :D
n3z said:
Aoa hotshot....
I c landing date of 21 april in ur profile :) inshAllah
I feel so happy for u.....n i can imagine how u must b counting days....stay always blessed n happy like dis mashAllah
WS sis!
Awww thanks for the prayers.. inbox me when you get ur pp back. IA it's on its way Almighty is great..very soon you will get it..

I am so sorry guys I barely come on the forum because I am overloaded with work and going shopping almost everyday, you all probably understand how busy it gets.. But believe it or not you all are in my prayers.. may Allah SWT finish this process of torture for all of you. Ameen!!

n3z

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 2011
Doc's Request.
july 2012
AOR Received.
july 2012
File Transfer...
dec 2011
Med's Request
oct 2012
Med's Done....
nov 2012
Interview........
waived (Allah ka shukr hai)
Passport Req..
7th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st may 2013
LANDED..........
June 2013....inshAllah :-)
syedgj said:
Our time line is totally out of control. It took a good start but now this! They did kind of ask for a re-med in the form of a chest x-ray which they were calling 'medical furtherance'. So my medical is valid till Sept 2013. I just hope my passport is returned before that and i don't have to get a third medical done. So now that you have submitted the passport im sure it must be on its way InshaAllah. The wait is almost over for you! :)
Thanx Bro :) InshAllah its on its way!
N its more than 6 months since they askd for ur proofs.....wat bakgrond chkd r still going on?anythng unusual?

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
Yesterday I received a call from CHC ISL they told me I have to extend my medical by going to same office and pay around 400 rps and bring passport copy. But they wont be doing any xrays or blood check.

Does anyone have same situation here? My permanent residence application got approved on November 10th, 2010.

Share helpfull info regarding this.

Nick_afg

Feb 29, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-islamabad-New Delhi India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/12/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-14 from Islamabad to new Delhi
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
Redemical sent to NDVO on 27 July 14 E case changed to in process on 07-07-14
Interview........
Wieved
Passport Req..
April 16-2015 pp submitted 24/April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
29 April 2015
LANDED..........
14 may 2015 alhamdulilah
Hey guys I called cic call center to inquire about my case they said ur case is processIng in Ottawa due to over loaded Islamabad I got approved 5 months ago and they sent me letter with file no and Islamabad's inquiry address and phone no . Now Iam confused if they processing my case in Ottawa instead of Islamabad than why they sent me inquiry detail for Islamabad ? Any help and advice appreciate

dora1234

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-12-2011
Doc's Request.
5-09-2013 along with REPCC
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Med's Request
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-09-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30-04-2014 (ppr 1) and 12-06-2014 (ppr 2)
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Nick_afg said:
Hey guys I called cic call center to inquire about my case they said ur case is processIng in Ottawa due to over loaded Islamabad I got approved 5 months ago and they sent me letter with file no and Islamabad's inquiry address and phone no . Now Iam confused if they processing my case in Ottawa instead of Islamabad than why they sent me inquiry detail for Islamabad ? Any help and advice appreciate
same here.....i guess nothing to worry about.....coz of work load they've send the file to Ottawa....all will be fine Inshallah :)

Waiting_Eyes

Nov 17, 2012
Kabul, Afghanistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
File Transfer...
Sept 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Re-Med Jun 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah
Dear all finally I got below reply from OTTAWA office, it is just unfair that my file is still in OTTAWA after almost 9 months :( has anyone else received this reply for the below inquiry?

Good day,

Your file is being processed by the visa office in Islamabad.

It is part of a work sharing arrangement Ottawa has with Islamabad. While our office has part of your physical file, your application will be processed by an officer in Islamabad, according to the processing times of the Islamabad office. An agent from that office will contact you when more information is necessary.

The processing times for the Islamabad office are published on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Warm regards,

asap-pls

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2012
File Transfer...
MAY 2012
Med's Request
MAY 2013
Passport Req..
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 2013
Enough ChC pls STOP playing with our lives, this is getting insane. What is being tested ? Us ? Our patience or our relationships ?? How long do they want us to survive on phone calls and skypes and planning vacations which is not easy for everyone. How long can we put with mood swings understnding tht its not our partner's fault . How can we keep the fights not prolong.
I m hating it now and I m loosing the patience.

Pls don't judge.. Jsyt too upset. I really thought April will bring good news for Dec 2011 and early 2012 applicants and for rest of your too but I'm jst too angry right now.

Plss Allah take us out this mess. Plss

hhassa

Mar 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2011
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
2-12-2013-recieved rejection letter after 1 week. Won ADR on 24 July 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 18 2014
asap-pls said:
Enough ChC pls STOP playing with our lives, this is getting insane. What is being tested ? Us ? Our patience or our relationships ?? How long do they want us to survive on phone calls and skypes and planning vacations which is not easy for everyone. How long can we put with mood swings understnding tht its not our partner's fault . How can we keep the fights not prolong.
I m hating it now and I m loosing the patience.

Pls don't judge.. Jsyt too upset. I really thought April will bring good news for Dec 2011 and early 2012 applicants and for rest of your too but I'm jst too angry right now.

Plss Allah take us out this mess. Plss

No words for u i have been feeling like this for past 19 months. You have a longgggggg way to go. I am just praying and trying to make me and my hubby happy. Just trying not to talk about immigration too much while talking to him. We have understood that it is not in our hands and we can't do anything else except waiting. We try to be connected as much as we can so we don't feel apart.

Kasam_se

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Thunder Bay
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
01-06-2012
File Transfer...
01-06-2012
Med's Request
13-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
Interview........
13-03-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2014
hhassa said:
No words for u i have been feeling like this for past 19 months. You have a longgggggg way to go. I am just praying and trying to make me and my hubby happy. Just trying not to talk about immigration too much while talking to him. We have understood that it is not in our hands and we can't do anything else except waiting. We try to be connected as much as we can so we don't feel apart.

The above poster is right. It all depends on you how you handle the situation. Everyone is handling it differently I guess. As a man, I feel more responsible for how things develop. If I wanted I could talk to my wife all day and tell her how I will make her breakfast lunch and dinner and comb her hair and keep her like a doll when she gets here... this list can really go on about the things I can tell her.

BUT I keep things in check. I knew when I filed mid last year that it will be a while before she gets here.

So first thing I did (or didn't do) is limit phone calls. I made a habit of calling her on weekend only. My father is VERY punctual and calls my wife after Friday prayers for five minutes to just make sure she is doing fine(she's my dad's niece).

We have viber, skype, whatsapp, yada yada yada and although I use them all, I keep it limited. Let her live her life and I am living my life here. Talking daily without meeting is I believe torture.

I am not there for her and she's not here. We can kick and scream all we want but nothing is going to happen until she gets visa. Me/her whining about it all day long wont do any good but only bad. I actually hardly ever talk about visa and immigration except sometimes when I just can't control how much I miss her but then I gain control over my emotions and laugh it off.

So far in 10 months, I have talked to her around 40 times on phone. I have a mental goal that hopefully before 100th call she will be here.

This is how I deal with this situation. My mom calls her mom once a month and of course on special occasions.

I talk to my mother in law once every two months. (I actually ask my wife for my mother-in-law).

Father-in-law, once every 3 to 4 months. He's a busy man and so am I.

So far we have had no issues or urgency about the situation because starting from beginning I told my wife, its a marathon and not a sprint so live your life and don't get hung up on immigration.

I do write her an email once in a while telling her I love her and I miss her. Usually its in form of a card. I have sent her flowers twice, once on her birthday and once for no reason. On my birthday I sent her, her favorite cake.

This is how I deal with it and Alhamdolillah it has worked fine for me and she is happy and so am I.

I believe if I call her every day or twice a day she wouldn't complain, maybe she will love that but it has consequences like getting into arguments or fights or disagreements since you can not be ALWAYS on the same page and agree on everything when you talk too much. I have had 0 arguments with her so far and trust me when I say life is peaceful this way because if she is upset, I'll be upset. Its natural.

P.S. I hope I made sense in the above statements and hopefully it helps someone but again what works for us doesn't mean it will work for everyone else so please don't hate.

I tell it the way I see it. Kasam_se