ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Salam guys..

I was wondering... Our case is a nikkah case.. Is that gonna cause problems? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

hopefully very soon

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Sep 2011
File Transfer...
17 Nov 2011
Scarfie~ said:
Salam guys..

I was wondering... Our case is a nikkah case.. Is that gonna cause problems? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
ahhhh one of the most sort after answer on this forum, well you can never be sure, from what i saw on this forum so far if the VO is satisfied with the proof you have provided and pictures show some kinda bonding and there is enough communication n if u have shown intent of complete ceremony in near future they normally let it thru. if they some how feel that the marriage is for convenience for the applicant then they raise issues, they sorta threat you tht they dont think its geninue and perform rukhsati asap or case will be refused. protection of their citizens i.e the sponsor from marriage fraud is their first priority. i would suggest that even if u have provided enough proof and your wife hasnt reached initia review point send in additional documents to support your case

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
Scarfie~ said:
Salam guys..

in one of the further document requested forms, which are generic and the VO just checks the items he needs, one of the options was that they noticed that a rukhsati was not done, and they asked the applicant to explain why it wasn't done and when it would take place. if it was already done, then to provide the proof of it.

you can read up some questions here about the sponsorship of a spouse via the Islamabad embassy: https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
hopefully very soon said:
ahhhh one of the most sort after answer on this forum, well you can never be sure, from what i saw on this forum so far if the VO is satisfied with the proof you have provided and pictures show some kinda bonding and there is enough communication n if u have shown intent of complete ceremony in near future they normally let it thru. if they some how feel that the marriage is for convenience for the applicant then they raise issues, they sorta threat you tht they dont think its geninue and perform rukhsati asap or case will be refused. protection of their citizens i.e the sponsor from marriage fraud is their first priority. i would suggest that even if u have provided enough proof and your wife hasnt reached initia review point send in additional documents to support your case
Thanks so much for the info! Actually I am the wife! Sponsoring my hubby.... My husband and talk a lottttt and I have the proof for that, also gift receipts and stuff like that. However, I really didn't have any pictures with him except for the ones on the day of the Nikah. :(

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Also, I haven't been there to visit since I came back after the Nikah as well. :( >.<

Reflectoman said:
in one of the further document requested forms, which are generic and the VO just checks the items he needs, one of the options was that they noticed that a rukhsati was not done, and they asked the applicant to explain why it wasn't done and when it would take place. if it was already done, then to provide the proof of it.

you can read up some questions here about the sponsorship of a spouse via the Islamabad embassy: https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/
Thank so much... the link was very helpful. :)

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Scarfie~ said:
Also, I haven't been there to visit since I came back after the Nikah as well. :( >.<
did you spend time with him and his family or vice versa after the nikah but before you came back? are you planning on returning before the rukhsati? do you have a rukhsati date already in mind? i don't want to sound depressing, but you need to plan to answer these questions. since we (who have no influence on your case but want to help you out as much as possible) are raising these questions, you can bet your ass that your VO will too when he opens up your file. it is best to have these answered beforehand or as soon as possible, or else there may be unwanted delays for interviews.

preventing marriage fraud has become one of the biggest ticket items for CIC recently, so if you don't have history of communications, a plan for the rukhsati, or anything else that can help alleviate these concerns then it may be a while before the file is approved.

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Reflectoman said:
did you spend time with him and his family or vice versa after the nikah but before you came back? are you planning on returning before the rukhsati? do you have a rukhsati date already in mind? i don't want to sound depressing, but you need to plan to answer these questions. since we (who have no influence on your case but want to help you out as much as possible) are raising these questions, you can bet your ass that your VO will too when he opens up your file. it is best to have these answered beforehand or as soon as possible, or else there may be unwanted delays for interviews.

preventing marriage fraud has become one of the biggest ticket items for CIC recently, so if you don't have history of communications, a plan for the rukhsati, or anything else that can help alleviate these concerns then it may be a while before the file is approved.
I did spend a little time with them, not much, but I didn't take any pictures. The ruksati date was set for after my husband's arrival to Canada, and we did state that. I'm in school right now and would be free by the end of September so I was planning to go back to visit in October. I have a very bad feeling about my case, as it seems very weak but my parent's aren't agreed for ruksati right now-- not until he comes. The only real proof I have is the hours and hours that we've been talking. ???

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Scarfie~ said:
I did spend a little time with them, not much, but I didn't take any pictures. The ruksati date was set for after my husband's arrival to Canada, and we did state that. I'm in school right now and would be free by the end of September so I was planning to go back to visit in October. I have a very bad feeling about my case, as it seems very weak but my parent's aren't agreed for ruksati right now-- not until he comes. The only real proof I have is the hours and hours that we've been talking. ???
back in 2007 the nikah only cases were getting completed just as quickly as regular ones, and the timeline back then was like 8 months or something ... fast forward to 2013 and you will see that the CHC-islamabad landscape has changed a lot. timelines are longer, criterions are tougher.

you will have that chance in october when you go back to pakistan, that in my opinion is a very good idea ... take plenty of pics, and "haalat" permitting enjoy your time together outside (parc, dinner, theme parks, etc.). go out with family, go out with friends, do as much as you can in the time that you have. I can comprehend the parents not wanting rukhsati till he is here, but you need to counter with plenty of proof of your communications and ongoing relationship with your husband. i don't recommend usign calling cards, use a regular landline, cellphone, or VoIP service that allows you to download CDRs (call detail records) that show what number you called and how long the call was. get a cell phone plan from one of the smaller carriers that offer unlimited international SMS, and use to communicate (you can then take screenshots of the SMS to add as proof, or if your phone permits it download them into an Excel sheet and provide that). skype chatting (maybe even include a screenshot of both ends of the skype video call?) includes any proofs of gifts, or greeting cards that are sent back and forth. screenshots and printouts of emails, i use gmail and it provides a good filter option so that i can do screenshots of just emails between me and my wife. emails don't have to be just simple "hi how are you doing" but you need to show the VO that your relationship is growign and that you are building a future together. through the emails you can show how each of you is allowing the other to share your lives, as best as possilbe due to the distance. did he already have internet at home, if not show that he got internet to keep in touch with you, etc.

you might think some of this stuff is small, but it all adds up, and the more solid you can make this case the better it will be.

let us know how things progress on your case ... :)

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
What's a Re pcc?

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
APAK said:
What's a Re pcc?
its the request to submit a new PCC (Police Clearance Certificates).

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
I need a little help i had created a topic but I think I should better ask here as the other people really don't understand it.

I have to apply for Quebec Selection certificate, on the Form they ask for a Family name (Nom de famille) before marriage, as You know in Pakistan there is no family name distinction especially for women there is most of the time Fathers name but in my wife case she didn't even have that and only have name composed of 2 female name. But after marriage as I know it was important here to have family name I put my family name plus my name instead of 2nd female name in her name.

Now there was no issue with CIC as they never ask family name before marriage but Quebec want it and they make it clear it should be the family name before marriage and not of the husband name.

So Now what should I do ? should I leave the field empty ? or put N/A ( S/O) or Pas de nom de famille ?

I am really confused, thanks for the help

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Reflectoman said:
back in 2007 the nikah only cases were getting completed just as quickly as regular ones, and the timeline back then was like 8 months or something ... fast forward to 2013 and you will see that the CHC-islamabad landscape has changed a lot. timelines are longer, criterions are tougher.

you will have that chance in october when you go back to pakistan, that in my opinion is a very good idea ... take plenty of pics, and "haalat" permitting enjoy your time together outside (parc, dinner, theme parks, etc.). go out with family, go out with friends, do as much as you can in the time that you have. I can comprehend the parents not wanting rukhsati till he is here, but you need to counter with plenty of proof of your communications and ongoing relationship with your husband. i don't recommend usign calling cards, use a regular landline, cellphone, or VoIP service that allows you to download CDRs (call detail records) that show what number you called and how long the call was. get a cell phone plan from one of the smaller carriers that offer unlimited international SMS, and use to communicate (you can then take screenshots of the SMS to add as proof, or if your phone permits it download them into an Excel sheet and provide that). skype chatting (maybe even include a screenshot of both ends of the skype video call?) includes any proofs of gifts, or greeting cards that are sent back and forth. screenshots and printouts of emails, i use gmail and it provides a good filter option so that i can do screenshots of just emails between me and my wife. emails don't have to be just simple "hi how are you doing" but you need to show the VO that your relationship is growign and that you are building a future together. through the emails you can show how each of you is allowing the other to share your lives, as best as possilbe due to the distance. did he already have internet at home, if not show that he got internet to keep in touch with you, etc.

you might think some of this stuff is small, but it all adds up, and the more solid you can make this case the better it will be.

let us know how things progress on your case ... :)
Wow, okay I will take your advice on that.. This is why I've been wanting to go. :) thanks so much for awesome advice! Ill keep you guys posted.. I've been hanging around here lately just learning stuff from you guys. :)

innocent_eyez

Sep 1, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Hubby's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
::: Sep 2011
File Transfer...
::: Nov 2011
Med's Request
::: July 17 2012
Med's Done....
::: July 25 2012
Interview........
::: Alhamdulillah Wavied! ecase updated 'In Process' Feb/19/13 ( RE.PCC and forms to fill request on April 20th 2013 )
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah on June 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made June 30 pp back with Visa Masha'Allah on July 9
LANDED..........
In July Insh'Allah
Got an update from MP

he said my hubby will be receiving a package which will include PCC and Either to re-new pp or extend the pp validity date

so i see no hope right now. and my MP he always says negative things arghh nothing positive and i duno whn there going to send this why r they taking so long :( in august his medical will expire for the 2nd time im really worried now.

I-ask-u-why

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB (God Damn)
NOC Code......
Sponsored my wife
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
File Transferred Feb 2011
Nomination.....
Remedical-RePCC-IMM Oct 2012
AOR Received.
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
stayed on Visitor Visa in Canada from Feb 2012 to March 2013
Med's Request
Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
I used to come to this forum by the nick of Became-a-loner, I disappeared from this forum after making some very good friends (in real life) and after earning some really foolish enemies, then after my wife got Remedical I returned to this forum with this new nick

here is my happy ending

Applied Dec 2010

File transferred Feb 2011

Visitor visa to Canada applied Dec 2011

Six months Visitor Visa granted: March 2012

Visitor Visa extended until March 2013

Re-Medical, IMM Forms, Re-PCC Oct 2012

Remedical Done in Canada Oct 2012

Medical received on e-cse Nov 2012

PPR Feb 2013

Visa Issued March 2013

Total 27 months time during which she lived with me in Canada for a year.

Tips:

Provide them as much proof as possible before the initial review of file, Dont send them anything Voluntarily unless requested once Remedical is issued

Dont provide too much documents (my file was weighing 7 KG and as a result it took them longest time to open it because they can set it aside and clear 4 files of 1 KG each

Apply for Visitor visa before the initial review, even if they decline it, it has no negative impact, instead it has positive impact since it shows that sponsor wants to spend more time with spouse in Canada.

Write a reasonable covering letter to Visit Visa Officer indicating that you fully understand the consequences of non compliance with regulation if she does not return to Pakistan in time and will make sure that she will return in time before the visa expiry.

Your job or income status does not matter to CHC-ISB. I work for Federal Govt of Canada and part time with City Govt of Toronto, it took me 27 months and I know guys who dont have a job and their spouses were granted immigration in 16 months.

If you spouse works or is studying in Pakistan, there is a better chance for him/her to get visit visa since you can at least show on documents that she has ties to Pakistan

For Visit visa, your income as a sponsor and job status does count.

dont bother Emailing CHC-ISB that is a complete waste of time, there is a pakistani guy who responds to email while he is texting his cousin girl friend.

Dont talk too much with your spouses using skype or phone, it will just make u more frustrated and upset, try to find some occupation such as study or some hobby, I know its hard but it is required for your sanity.

If your spouse has any family ties with politicians/Military/police/law enforcement, better dont indicate it on your file, I did that and they sent her file to detailed security check which took 9 months (yes an idiot advised me and I was an even bigger idiot to listen to him.

Old applicants will be more fairly treated because they are not sending new files to CHC-ISB directly, instead those sit in Ottawa for more than a year so unless CHC-ISB clears the backlog from 2010-2011 they wont have the luxury of picking up and finalizing the new applications and dumping the old one's into their BF bin.

One last thing..............DONT TELL YOUR CASE progress to your relatives or friends, if anyone writes a letter or email to CHC-ISB that your marriage is fake, they will set aside your file for years and put you in an interview que, I am not making it up I know an ex-employee of CHC-ISB who worked for immigration unit there for almost a decade, they have an official name of it called "Poison Letter"

If you need any help, please feel fee to ask by PM.

the following is a useful link in terms of their processing requirements.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf