Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
Saisn said:
Hi All,

I have baby after approval of my wife's sponsorship application. Baby was born two week after we received her visa from CHC.
Is it possible and what is now required to add new born to her application?
Do I have to go through baby sponsorship process now?

With approval they have sent one letter say that please report any changes to family before departing to Canada.
Please advise and share your thoughts!
You do have to go through the sponsorship process for your child as well. Generally the sponsorship process for newborns is pretty short. There really is no security/background/criminal checks etc. I would suggest you contact the embassy and ask for the proper procedures. I believe you can also request for TRP (Temproary Resident Permit) visa for your baby... Anyways, in my opinion you should contact embassy for further assistance.

sarah82

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Arkansas2045 said:
Congratulations!!! :)

The date is generally printed on the top right hand corner... look at the cover letter that you received from CHC.

But I wouldn't worry about it. You should get your medical done as soon as possible and courier your passport to CHC immediately after.
Thank you so much for the reply. Actually there is no date on my letter. I think both the letter, Remedical and Passport are system generated. Can you help me one more thing. On passport letter, there is a table wherein we are supposed to write our family Name, Given Name, Date of Birth, Passport Number, Date of Expiry, Height, Eye Color against Applicant and Spouse and Dependents. I'm little confused in this. Am i supposed to enter only my details or my spouses detail's too. I think I should provide my information here since I'll be attaching only my passport here.

I will really appreciate if other members also can help me on this. Those who have already received must be having clear idea of this. Thanks.

canadian immigrant

Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-04-2013
fayzaan said:
Umm is that important??? all my discussions with my wife on skype have been in urdu using english letters (transliteration) - I'm sure the guys working in Islamabad are all urdu speaking right??
@fayzan
u mean to say skype chat logs could be sent without translation???

H

Hamurabi

canadian immigrant said:
@ fayzan
I read in another thread that some Filipino guy included translations of a few conversations (he did them himself). So just provide some of those. The VOs are usually goras and they don't know a lick of Urdu.

fayzaan

Apr 30, 2011
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2011
Med's Request
14-07-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
Hamurabi said:
I read in another thread that some Filipino guy included translations of a few conversations (he did them himself). So just provide some of those. The VOs are usually goras and they don't know a lick of Urdu.
canadian immigrant said:
@ fayzan
I wasn't aware...But anyone can translate anything to random stuff in English, and I sent 153 pages this time, and that too after I cut it down from 550. I sent it the same way with the initial application. I guess we'll find out what they think of it.

So far I've got AOR with some additional forms requested and Remed request separately...maybe this is good sign that they're ok with the proof I have sent right? otherwise why bother sending my wife remedical? they might as well make their decision and decline her for insufficient proof or something...

That was honestly the main form of communication. We did have some cell phone logs from the provider...but 90% of communication has been skype.

hunsani1

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
Nov 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Interview........
Hope nt
Passport Req..
19th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26th June 2012
sarah82 said:
Thank you so much for the reply. Actually there is no date on my letter. I think both the letter, Remedical and Passport are system generated. Can you help me one more thing. On passport letter, there is a table wherein we are supposed to write our family Name, Given Name, Date of Birth, Passport Number, Date of Expiry, Height, Eye Color against Applicant and Spouse and Dependents. I'm little confused in this. Am i supposed to enter only my details or my spouses detail's too. I think I should provide my information here since I'll be attaching only my passport here.

I will really appreciate if other members also can help me on this. Those who have already received must be having clear idea of this. Thanks.
@ sarah82...
Is ur whole family migrating or only u....I guess only u so then why r u confused in fillin the ppr form.list only u who has to fill ur own info n thts all..send ur 2 recent pics along with ppr form n passport..thts all..there's no rocket science in it...

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
sarah82 said:
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I was wondering why these letters are undated. So i can go for medical first and then send my passport right? One more help i need from you if u can let me know, on passport request, they have given a table where i have put my details. They have listed spouse catagory also, should i mention here details of my husband or leave it because i am not sending his passport as he is already there in canada. Thanks
yeah exactly..u dont need to give any details of ur spouse.just fill in ur own details,send ur own pics.thats it...n send it through tcs or fedex.i sent by gerry's visa drop box(fedex)

yasirman

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Jun-14-2012/Oct-01-2012
AOR Received.
April-05-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-08-2011
Med's Request
July-14- 2012
Med's Done....
July-19-2012
Passport Req..
Mar-28-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jun-12-2013
LANDED..........
July-12-2013 Insha'Allah
Hi guys

I received a letter for re medical yesterday. It says to arrange for a medical examination, you must contact International Organization for Migration Canada Health Assessment Office at 051-111-466-472, and you should go under medical examination in next 30 days.

Q1. There is no date on the letter, what would be the deadline to get it done?

Q2. Do I have to call them on the given number or can I also go to the Doctor who initially did medical examination?

Q3. I didn’t get this paragraph
“TO ENSURE FASTER SERVICE WHEN YOUR FILE IS CONCLUDED, YOU SHOULD INCLUDE A PRE-PAID PRE-ADDRESSED RETURN COURIER ENVELOPE”. (I assume its computer generated letter and has got nothing to do with me)

fayzaan

Apr 30, 2011
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2011
Med's Request
14-07-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
sabii said:
ur process will be done soon inshaAllah!
I know long distance relationship is difficult but dot wory u r not the only who is facing all this, its normal :) n everything will be ok when u two wilbe together inshaAllah
sabii said:
That is normal because i got additinal forms request and then remedical before i sent them their requested stuff... I hope next step wil be ppr inshaAllah
Thanks sabii bahi,

@yasirman,

as far as what I've read on this forum earlier, you cannot go to those other locations anymore, their new requirement is to go to the location indicated on the form. The deadline should be the 30 days from the date of the letter, I'm not sure why there is no date though...I got a date on the AOR on the top left indicating that's when it was sent.

@ Q3 I think you need to recheck that letter...maybe it is also asking you for Passport request, in which case they want prepaid return envelope to send it back to you once they got the visa stamp...

I am not 100% sure, maybe someone else can confirm.

ramySehar

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Niagra Falls
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Jul-2011
Med's Request
Dec-2012 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Hi,

I hope you guys are absolutely persistent to wait for your spouse. I need help to find out the procedure of "mailing address change" in Pakistan.

I sent them email last month and they haven't responded nor changed online, However I got confirmation of my sent email from CHC-I.

your help is appreciated.

Ramy

Have a blissful Ramadhan

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
ramySehar said:
Hi,

I hope you guys are absolutely persistent to wait for your spouse. I need help to find out the procedure of "mailing address change" in Pakistan.

I sent them email last month and they haven't responded nor changed online, However I got confirmation of my sent email from CHC-I.

your help is appreciated.

Ramy

Have a blissful Ramadhan
Change of address should be notify by fax or mail to CHC-I Immigration Fax: (92-51) 208-6914. With applicant full id detail, Sign and file number.

tabasumali

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
SIALKOT,PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2011
AOR Received.
14-feb-2012
File Transfer...
11 march 2011
Med's Request
12 JULY 2012
Med's Done....
20 JULY 2012(EXPIRED) & 16-July-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
07-August-2014 SENT 11-AUG-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Sep-2014
LANDED..........
SOOON
zainabanwar said:
no i got the same letter too... u have to get ur medical done from IOM.. i got my appointment for monday 16th 9 30 am too...
i got my first medical from dr neelofer too...
but now we all are required to get our medical from IOm, its clearly mentioned there and they ll send the medical themselves.. call them n fix ur appointment ...
and did u get passport request too or just remedical .. i have just got my remedical request on friday so the earliest appointment i got was on monday only and its a 2 day thing.. lets see what do i experience tomorrow, i ll give u the details then..
hi thanks a lot fr ur usefull info
i just call them on monday and fix my appointment ,how much days thay u appointment if i call them monday
and i really dont know weather its only re-medical or ppr too i m out of city my mamo cal me they receive the letter and they dont know english well so only i got its re-medical i go home on monday and read
best of luck fr your medical

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
sarah82 said:
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I was wondering why these letters are undated. So i can go for medical first and then send my passport right? One more help i need from you if u can let me know, on passport request, they have given a table where i have put my details. They have listed spouse catagory also, should i mention here details of my husband or leave it because i am not sending his passport as he is already there in canada. Thanks
Firsl all of Congratulations.

Don't worry about the undated letters. Try to get the Re-medical done at your earliest. Call for DMP soon and try to get an early appointment.

Yeah right you can go for medical first. When you are done your re medical, just send re medical payment receipt, passport form filled and your passport with TCS.

On passport request, you don't need to fill out spouse information. All you need to fill out is applicant information which would be the person being sponsored. :)

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
yasirman said:
Hi guys

I received a letter for re medical yesterday. It says to arrange for a medical examination, you must contact International Organization for Migration Canada Health Assessment Office at 051-111-466-472, and you should go under medical examination in next 30 days.

Q1. There is no date on the letter, what would be the deadline to get it done?

Q2. Do I have to call them on the given number or can I also go to the Doctor who initially did medical examination?

Q3. I didn't get this paragraph
“TO ENSURE FASTER SERVICE WHEN YOUR FILE IS CONCLUDED, YOU SHOULD INCLUDE A PRE-PAID PRE-ADDRESSED RETURN COURIER ENVELOPE”. (I assume its computer generated letter and has got nothing to do with me)

Q1 - Well, do it as soon as possible. You really wouldn't want to care about the deadline in this case :)

Q2 - My wife contacted the doctor who did the initial medical examination for her. The letter from CHC to my wife stated that she had to contact a DMP within 30 days to schedule an appointment. I believe you can do the same, unless instructed otherwise in the letter from CHC?

Q3 - In our case, we were required to have prepaid the courier for the return of our documents. I believe it is the case for all the applicants. At the time of mailing out your passport, you can advise the courier office of this prepaid requirement. They will know what to do.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
hunsani1 said:
@ zainabanwar
Maybe for 2012 applicants or late 2011 they have changed coz I'm talking abt 2010 experience..it always had a picture on the letter with the Chc stamp..so maybe this tym they have changed n we 2010 ppl never went to IOM for this thng..only the designated doctors like I did it frm dr. Neelofar both times..initial ,Ed n re-med..so maybe nw they've changed the rules..bt this is wierd..they change rules within 2 months only..hmmmmmmm..well gud luck to both of u..
My husband got medical letter along with appendix with his picture on it