+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

FM_jun

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
phantom said:
Hello everyone,

Alhamdulilah my wife received her visa yesterday. Finally we can move on with our lives.

Time line : Application tranferrred to isb : april 1st 2011
Rukhsati : December 2011
Send supporting docs for honeymoon and rukhsati : March 2012
Application processing started : 15 May 2012
PPR and Medical Received : 4th June 2012
Visa Received : July 4th 2012

Thanks for everyones support and updates. This is the only forum that helped my understand timelines and plan my rukhsati etc. better to expedite the process.

May Allah make it easy for people still waiting for their visas.

congratulation.....also pray for us.

abmf

Apr 20, 2012
Hello Guys... I got married in March this year and my wifey is a canadian citizen by birth. We only have our Nikah done and we want to file the spousal sponsorship application. I have the following questions in this regard:

1. Our marriage is 200% genuine :) its just that we wanted to have the rukhsati after I get my pr visa. So, while filing the application, would submitting photos of our nikah ceremony, our skype call/chat log, our viber messages log, receipts of gifts sent to my wife through amazon and other similar evidences help us escape the notorious "marriage of convenience" accusation and resulting painful delays?

2. If in case you guys think that these evidences wont be sufficient, how and when should we plan the rukhsati assuming that we are filing the application to CIC Mississauga in this month i.e. July 2012?

3. Do they accept call and messages logs of internet telephony applications such as skype and viber as enough evidence cuz we rarely use actual mobile telephony due to obvious cost difference?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

mianz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
Aug 29, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 29, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 01, 2011
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 3rd, 2012
Interview........
Alhamdulillah Waived!
Passport Req..
Dec 29, 2012 (along with REPCC)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26,2013...Alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013 (By the Grace of All Mighty Allah)
Salam Everyone,
I hope all of you having good time.
Any memeber from November 2011 file transfered has heared anything from CHC Islamabad?

Thank You

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
abmf said:
Hello Guys... I got married in March this year and my wifey is a canadian citizen by birth. We only have our Nikah done and we want to file the spousal sponsorship application. I have the following questions in this regard:
Answer to your questions are below (in red):

1. Our marriage is 200% genuine :) its just that we wanted to have the rukhsati after I get my pr visa. So, while filing the application, would submitting photos of our nikah ceremony, our skype call/chat log, our viber messages log, receipts of gifts sent to my wife through amazon and other similar evidences help us escape the notorious "marriage of convenience" accusation and resulting painful delays?

As long as you can prove to the immigration officer (or whatever he/she is called :) that your marriage is genuine and that it has been consummated then there shouldn't be any issues. I will share my story/experience with you...

We didn't do Rukhsati due to objections from both sides of the families. However, I did ask my uncle to have a wedding card printed that showed we had "Rukhsati" done. Also on one of the forms (cant remember the number), where the applicant provides tons of information, there is a question inquiring whether the couple lived together. I said yes and entered the dates (week long) only, proving that our marriage was consummated. For reception question, I said that it will be held in Toronto when my wife gets here. For Honeymoon question, I stated that I didn't have enough vacation time left to go on a honeymoon and thus we'll go after the process is complete.

I haven't visited my wife since the process began nor have i submitted any additional documents on voluntarily basis. Yet, the Immigration officer declared that our relationship was genuine and had been consummated, and therefore no additional information was required/needed.

Provide as much proof of contact/financial support as you can now. They will accept skype call logs, e-mails regardless of the channel, phone logs as long as they clearly show a communication between you and your wife. I submitted skype logs, e-mails from facebook and hotmail. I also submitted transfer money receipts, from nov 11 - feb 12, proving that I am financially supporting my wife.

"Photos must represent celebration as per local norms on good scale." I submitted about 20 photos from our mehndi ceremony and 30 from our wedding ceremony. For post-wedding photos, I submitted about 7 or 8 of them from lunches/dinners we had together over a week.

2. If in case you guys think that these evidences wont be sufficient, how and when should we plan the rukhsati assuming that we are filing the application to CIC Mississauga in this month i.e. July 2012?

I believe i took some risks. If you want to play safe, then you should do rukhsati as soon as you can. Between now and early next year would be my suggestion. And then submit the appropriate documents/proofs/photos immediately after.

3. Do they accept call and messages logs of internet telephony applications such as skype and viber as enough evidence cuz we rarely use actual mobile telephony due to obvious cost difference?

Yes they will accept call and message logs from skype. If "viber" logs are more or less similar to skype logs then it should be okay to submitted logs from viber. I hardly ever called my wife; I either skyped or communicated via e-mails.

Anyways, suggestions/experience expressed here represent my own. Other members may differ.

Good luck with the process! :)

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
They accept all the evidence you mentioned, but the main thing, is consummating the marriage, if someone shows them that its nikah only and not rukhsati, I saw many cases in interview que and process can go more than 2 years. They were used to accept Nikkah only cases but now they delay files for long time if they realize that marriage is not consummated yet. I know one of mine friends case, they received a refusal letter and letter was saying that even though relationship seems genuine with all supporting documents but marriage has not been consummated, so your file has been refused on these grounds.

abmf said:

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
mianz said:
Salam Everyone,
I hope all of you having good time.
Any memeber from November 2011 file transfered has heared anything from CHC Islamabad?

Thank You
Welcome! On board my wife file transferred to Islamabad on November 3rd, and we got AOR from CHC-I
In June 21st, this was issue on June 11th. Along with Request update Pakistani Notational Form.
We sent them everything June 25th. After that we just waiting next step may be Re-Med or PPR ;)

maknojia

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
DSF said:
another day passed everyone.. red jeans, omaira, canadian555, tofan, adeelalad, khilafah,jay123456,torono12,SI, emanziab, sabii,lalli, pinky,husain, CVIF, makonjia,m=omar mirza, and eevryone on forum pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese pray for me. :-[ :-[
inshallah u will get ur visa ver soon. we all r praying for all of u:)

mianz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
Aug 29, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 29, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 01, 2011
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 3rd, 2012
Interview........
Alhamdulillah Waived!
Passport Req..
Dec 29, 2012 (along with REPCC)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26,2013...Alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013 (By the Grace of All Mighty Allah)
Ezee said:
Welcome! On board my wife file transferred to Islamabad on November 3rd, and we got AOR from CHC-I
In June 21st, this was issue on June 11th. Along with Request update Pakistani Notational Form.
We sent them everything June 25th. After that we just waiting next step may be Re-Med or PPR ;)
Good to Hear that :D You are one step ahead from me :) So, what do you think when CHC-I will contact me? My medical is expiring on 24th July 2012. AOR stands for? Do you think with the current processing speed of CHC-I i will be able to get my passport back with stamp in December 2012? Please Advise.

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
mianz said:
Good to Hear that :D You are one step ahead from me :) So, what do you think when CHC-I will contact me? My medical is expiring on 24th July 2012. AOR stands for? Do you think with the current processing speed of CHC-I i will be able to get my passport back with stamp in December 2012? Please Advise.
Hope fully Insha Allah, we will get passport early then December.
AOR stand for Acknowledgement with new file Number start with BXXXXXXXX letter from CHC-I.
also my friend there is many PPl from Novmber transfer got there AOR from Islb. You should email them for or chack your online status if they have your Pakistani postal address.

Allah Madat

Mar 14, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
phantom said:
Hello everyone,

Alhamdulilah my wife received her visa yesterday. Finally we can move on with our lives.

Time line : Application tranferrred to isb : april 1st 2011
Rukhsati : December 2011
Send supporting docs for honeymoon and rukhsati : March 2012
Application processing started : 15 May 2012
PPR and Medical Received : 4th June 2012
Visa Received : July 4th 2012

Thanks for everyones support and updates. This is the only forum that helped my understand timelines and plan my rukhsati etc. better to expedite the process.

May Allah make it easy for people still waiting for their visas.
Mashallah :)
Congratulations :)

fayzaan

Apr 30, 2011
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2011
Med's Request
14-07-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
umm I ask again, if someone can please answer...

the 30 days have already passed, its July 8 here and I still have not been able to mail them the documentation they requested. We still haven't applied for PCC for Pindi & Quetta and stupid Union Council gave us some blank nika nama form to fill out and give them so we can pick up the nika nama from Nadra..

I did already complete the IMM forms they asked me to redo + have additional proof, pictures, receipts for support etc. Should I mail that with a letter stating my situation? or should I just wait until I have the PCC and Nika Nama and send everything in together?

I already sent them an email requesting for an extension, but have not heard back.

Email I wrote:

"M****** Q*****
*ADDRESS*
* PHONE *
* UCI#*

Z***** M****** Q*****
*ADDRESS*
* PHONE *
* UCI#*
* Application #*
* Paper File#*

Dear Sir or madam,

We received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada on June 23, 2012 requesting additional documentation. The letter is dated June 8, 2012 and states we must the documentation within 30 days. Unfortunately we did not have the time to prepare because we received the letter on the 23rd of June. Is it possible to get an extension for this please?

Thank you,
M****** Q*****"

Not sure if this is right...

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
fayzaan said:

the 30 days have already passed, its July 8 here and I still have not been able to mail them the documentation they requested. We still haven't applied for PCC for Pindi & Quetta and stupid Union Council gave us some blank nika nama form to fill out and give them so we can pick up the nika nama from Nadra..

I did already complete the IMM forms they asked me to redo + have additional proof, pictures, receipts for support etc. Should I mail that with a letter stating my situation? or should I just wait until I have the PCC and Nika Nama and send everything in together?

I already sent them an email requesting for an extension, but have not heard back.

Email I wrote:

"M****** Q*****
*ADDRESS*
* PHONE *
* UCI#*

Z***** M****** Q*****
*ADDRESS*
* PHONE *
* UCI#*
* Application #*
* Paper File#*

Dear Sir or madam,

We received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada on June 23, 2012 requesting additional documentation. The letter is dated June 8, 2012 and states we must the documentation within 30 days. Unfortunately we did not have the time to prepare because we received the letter on the 23rd of June. Is it possible to get an extension for this please?

Thank you,
M****** Q*****"

I would say send them ASAP whatever you have ready in your hand before the expiry date of your letter.
And Explain to them with cover letter you will be mail to them as soon rest of requested documents are ready.

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
fayzaan said:

Email I wrote:

"M****** Q*****
*ADDRESS*
* PHONE *
* UCI#*

Z***** M****** Q*****
*ADDRESS*
* PHONE *
* UCI#*
* Application #*
* Paper File#*

Dear Sir or madam,

Thank you,
M****** Q*****"

I would mail whatever I have with a letter explaining the challenges the i'm facing in obtaining the rest of the required documents. I'm sure they will understand.

lonelyinca

Mar 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
+July 2011
Doc's Request.
+++June 2012
File Transfer...
++Sept 2011
Med's Request
+++June 2012
Med's Done....
++++July 2012
Passport Req..
+++++Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
++++++Dec 2012
mainbucha said:
They accept all the evidence you mentioned, but the main thing, is consummating the marriage, if someone shows them that its nikah only and not rukhsati, I saw many cases in interview que and process can go more than 2 years. They were used to accept Nikkah only cases but now they delay files for long time if they realize that marriage is not consummated yet. I know one of mine friends case, they received a refusal letter and letter was saying that even though relationship seems genuine with all supporting documents but marriage has not been consummated, so your file has been refused on these grounds.
That is some f***** up reason to refuse an application. Did your friend protest the decision? Did he go to higher authorities? At least his MP?

What the f*** do they want, a sex tape? Bunch of low life scum.