+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

hasaang

Feb 26, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that you all have been a wonderful emotional support for me. I didn't contribute much but was a silent reader for the most part. My wife's Application is still "Application Received" status (June 2011). However she got the Multiple TRV for 2 years. So if anyone is on the fence to apply for TRV, just go for it you guys! There is absolutely nothing to lose and its worth the effort.

Cheers!

-Hasaan

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
hasaang said:
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that you all have been a wonderful emotional support for me. I didn't contribute much but was a silent reader for the most part. My wife's Application is still "Application Received" status (June 2011). However she got the Multiple TRV for 2 years. So if anyone is on the fence to apply for TRV, just go for it you guys! There is absolutely nothing to lose and its worth the effort.

Cheers!

-Hasaan
Congrats --- Just a few questions --- Did you inform the Canadian visa office that you had applied for her sponsorship ??
what grounds did you show your wife returning to her home country --work, proptery etc??

hasaang

Feb 26, 2012
jay123456 said:
Congrats --- Just a few questions --- Did you inform the Canadian visa office that you had applied for her sponsorship ??
what grounds did you show your wife returning to her home country --work, proptery etc??
Yes I was very clear that her application is in process. Used the same Client ID# on the TRV Application as well. Basically gave them the following;

- Invitation Letter, clearly stating Dual Intent
- Wife's cover letter, again clearly stating Dual Intent
- My Employment Letter
- My financial statements (Bank Info showing the money in my savings account to prove I can support her)
- Notarized copy of my Canadian Passport and Citizenship Certificate
- My wife's Employment letter (yes she is working) + Letter from Employer approving her leave

Note: My wife has no real savings, so she didn't provide any proof that she has enough money to support herself. All I did was in my letter explain to them that in order to keep a healthy marriage going, we'd both like for her to have the freedom to go back and forth Canada, and I explained to them that I only get 15 days off work per year which is not enough to keep our relationship healthy. Simply put, I was straightforward and truthful as possible and it worked, thus I encourage others to do the same.

Good luck to you all my friends :)

-Hasaan

Edit: Updated Info

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
hasaang said:
Yes I was very clear that her application is in process. Used the same Client ID# on the TRV Application as well. Basically gave them the following;

- Invitation Letter, clearly stating Dual Intent
- Wife's cover letter, again clearly stating Dual Intent
- My financial statements (Bank Info showing the money in my savings account to prove I can support her)
- Notarized copy of my Canadian Passport and Citizenship Certificate
- My wife's Employment letter (yes she is working) + Letter from Employer approving her leave

Note: My wife has no real savings, so she didn't provide any proof that she has enough money to support herself. All I did was in my letter explain to them that in order to keep a healthy marriage going, we'd both like for her to have the freedom to go back and forth Canada, and I explained to them that I only get 15 days off work per year which is not enough to keep our relationship healthy. Simply put, I was straightforward and truthful as possible and it worked, thus I encourage others to do the same.

Good luck to you all my friends :)

-Hasaan
thats awesome! do we have to show handomse salary for sposnored spouse? approx. what amount i should show in my account to sposnor my husband?

hasaang

Feb 26, 2012
sabii said:
thats awesome! do we have to show handomse salary for sposnored spouse? approx. what amount i should show in my account to sposnor my husband?
I have some savings but they're not exactly substantial. And I graduated from University (still paying off student loans) just 2.5 years ago so my salary is just average. I am not some big shot or anything but I do ok. Show them what you have and hope for the best.

SUR1

Dec 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
June 2011
@ Hasaang:
Bro keep one thing in mind and prepare your wife for the situation. When you enter in Canada, Immigration officer(at airport) have authority to change validity or condition of the visa if he or she is not satisfied with grounds that are provided for the visa.

As you said, hope for the best and INSHALLAH ALLAH(SWT) will make things easy for you but be prepared and fight for it if anything goes wrong.

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Interesting!
hasaang said:
Hi Everyone,

Cheers!

-Hasaan

emanzaib

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 8/11
Doc's Request.
Mar 13/12
File Transfer...
Apr 15/11
Med's Request
June 6/12
Med's Done....
June 8/12- updated as received on E-CAS on June 28/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 19/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 9/13 (Decision Made: Jan 31/13)
LANDED..........
Feb 19/13
wow.. thanks for sharing your experience.. I'm sure it's positive feedback for all forum members reading.. I've heard of many TRV applications being rejected.. congratulations.. MashAllah.. :)

hasaang said:
Hi Everyone,

Cheers!

-Hasaan

SI

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/

pls see the above link...answers alot of questions.........

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hello Red Jeans, I noticed you have sent out additional voluntarily information to the embassy, if you don't mind what have you mailed them. My husband's passport is in the process of getting renewed was going to send a copy of the passport plus additional information.
What do you think?

Red Jeans said:
But still they want to see if you are in contact with the sponsor or not ...

Honey Well 82

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Islamaabad
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
28th-May-2012
Doc's Request.
20th May-2014
AOR Received.
4th-July-2012
File Transfer...
4th-July-2012
Med's Request
Re medical Request 7th-August-2014
Med's Done....
Feb-2012
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Salam Everyone;

I am new to this forum and I have completed all my documents at my best.I was married in October,2009 but could not apply or move to canada due to some professional matters.Now I will submitt my case to Mississauga office next week;the most important thing is that my wife is recently back to canada last month and she is permanent resident since 2005.She could not able to stay 3 years out of 5 years in canada and therefore could not get citizenship.Now she is five months pregnant;she is living with her parents and missed me,her doctor also prepare letter for her that is requested that my case should be processed on urgent basis.Is this situation will make the processing time short???

MrMohi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (husband case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Aug 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov 1 2012 along with repcc req
Honey Well 82 said:
Salam Everyone;

I am new to this forum and I have completed all my documents at my best.I was married in October,2009 but could not apply or move to canada due to some professional matters.Now I will submitt my case to Mississauga office next week;the most important thing is that my wife is recently back to canada last month and she is permanent resident since 2005.She could not able to stay 3 years out of 5 years in canada and therefore could not get citizenship.Now she is five months pregnant;she is living with her parents and missed me,her doctor also prepare letter for her that is requested that my case should be processed on urgent basis.Is this situation will make the processing time short???
Hi honeywell

My wife was also 5 monhs pregnent when she applied for my sponsorship. She also got a letter from the doctor. We applied June 2011 and are still waiting to hear from CHC-i. It seems that they do not consider this an important issue. I now have a beautiful daughter. she is 5 months old nowand I am still waiting to hear from CHC.

They didn't pay much attention to my case but there is nothing wrong in trying. Send them the doctor's letter along with an emotional cover letter, maybe they will consider it.your wife is going through a very tough time alone. I hope you can be there when your little angel is born.

Best of luck!

Red Jeans

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Re-pcc,Re-Imm forms and Proof of Ruksati - March 13, 2012
AOR Received.
March 13, 2012
File Transfer...
May 30, 2011 / sent supporting docs voluntarily on 25-feb-2012
Med's Request
May 29, 2012 / rec'd on June 11, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012 (InshALLAH)
Interview........
Waived !
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012 / rec'd on June 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
August 24th InshALLAH :)
Hi Sofia,

You can send it if u so desire but I had a bad experience in sending the documents voluntarily..I never got the acknowledgement from the embassy and they have not been attached to my file, I guess they misplaced the whole lot ,, A bad luck was that soon after sending the documents I got a letter from CHC-Isl stating the same requirements I sent to them few days back voluntarily so I had to re-send the copies I kept luckily for my record.. If you want to give it a try go ahead

Liakram

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
tabasumali said:
i sent repcc and add docs on 14 march 2012 still no response
i think we get re-medica+ ppr l in june
if there is any response i will let u know
Thanks tabasumali, lets keep in touch. I'll pray that we get both remed+ppr inshallah.

niraash

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012 (ecas changed to in process 24-08-2012)
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
25-09-2012 (Letter dated 6th Sept, 12)
Med's Done....
27-09-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012 (Letter dated 6th Sept, 12); PP sent on 27th sept, 12
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-12 (ecas changed to decision made on nov 3rd, 12)
hello,

My Immigration case has been started on August 05, 2011, so its been 8 months now the case has been started. Total time shown by cic website is 26 months. can anyone tell me please, is this maximum time period? can we get our visa within this time period?

Thanks
Adeel