Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
raptorsfan said:
This guy was going to meet his wife anyways on eid. He is my coworker and we were on the same flight. His wife received all these letters on the first week of August. The visit to pakistan then turned into a full fledged wedding ceremony. Everything was done quickly submitted quickly and within time (45 days) and he gave solid proof of contact. His wife got ppr right away even tho his AOR was Sept 2010.
One2Ka4 couldn't go to Pakistan for Rukhsati as he was in the middle of the semester. He went to Pakistan in July this year and got the Rukhsati done and sent a bunch of proof. They took his case out of interview queue and sent his wife PPR.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
raptorsfan said:
This guy was going to meet his wife anyways on eid. He is my coworker and we were on the same flight. His wife received all these letters on the first week of August. The visit to pakistan then turned into a full fledged wedding ceremony. Everything was done quickly submitted quickly and within time (45 days) and he gave solid proof of contact. His wife got ppr right away even tho his AOR was Sept 2010.
Thats awesome! Seems like most cases after April 2010 (Thats when they hired new agency for BackGround checks) are withing 12-14 months. Thats nice to see MashAllah. Hopefully next timeline update will get reduced from 24Months down to 12 months or even less hopefully :)

R

raptorsfan

Thanks Danny4450 wes786 and Hot-Lier.....appreciate it...i have a lot more waiting to do...

anso

Feb 7, 2011
Toronto ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Thats awesome! Seems like most cases after April 2010 (Thats when they hired new agency for BackGround checks) are withing 12-14 months. Thats nice to see MashAllah. Hopefully next timeline update will get reduced from 24Months down to 12 months or even less hopefully :)
Wes bahi ,
aap k moun main Ghee Shakarrr .
wesy yeh kab update ho raha hai , essi oct k month main ya k Nov main?

aikhanam

Mar 22, 2011
I am getting fruastrated with Canadian office in Pk, they are taking too long.
I flew all the way from karachi to viist my sister in islamabad. I visited the canadian embassay, which was guarded like a millitary compound. We were 10, 20 minutes late, the consular closed at 11:30 (what rediculous time for pakistanis) and it was the only opportunity that they help canadians with anything. There were a reception desk outside the embassay which filters anyone, who is not does not require important visit to the embassay. They have asked that if you are viisting because you are inquiring about sponsership status, we cannot let you in. I think our task payers dollars are waisting on this embassy in PK. With disapiontment Me and my husband had to leave without even seeing what the darn building looked like!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
anso said:
Wes bahi ,
aap k moun main Ghee Shakarrr .
wesy yeh kab update ho raha hai , essi oct k month main ya k Nov main?
They say every quarterly meaning every 3 months. Last update July 26 ko huee thee so it should be October 26. Now lets see ke kab huta hai...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
aikhanam said:
I flew all the way from karachi to viist my sister in islamabad. I visited the canadian embassay, which was guarded like a millitary compound. We were 10, 20 minutes late, the consular closed at 11:30 (what rediculous time for pakistanis) and it was the only opportunity that they help canadians with anything. There were a reception desk outside the embassay which filters anyone, who is not does not require important visit to the embassay. They have asked that if you are viisting because you are inquiring about sponsership status, we cannot let you in. I think our task payers dollars are waisting on this embassy in PK. With disapiontment Me and my husband had to leave without even seeing what the darn building looked like!
Thats correct! They won't let you in unless you have an interview. You can't ask for status updates either, they would only answer general questions. I know it sucks, but what can you do...

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
wes786 said:
Thats correct! They won't let you in unless you have an interview. You can't ask for status updates either, they would only answer general questions. I know it sucks, but what can you do...

this is the punishment of getting married in Pakistan....

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
irsum said:
Assalamalaikum to everyone here at the forum. I wish you all best luck in your processing. I am sponsoring my wife and my file is in Islamabad since June of this year. With the amount of time it is expected to take, we are planning for my wife to apply for visitor visa (also called temporary resident visa). In the process of completing forms and other paper work I have few questions.

First, do I require a lawyer to prepare invitation letter?

Then with reference to filling the forms:
Single entry or multiple? Does one choice preferable then other in terms of chances of getting the visa.
Length of stay ? we would prefer at least six months. Does it make any easier or harder to ask for longer period?
In terms of available funds what amount is appropriate?
My wife is a doctor and has good salary, held stable jobs, working in same hospital for 5 years. But she does not own property. Would we have to show some proofs of the funds?

Please anyone who has some experience with visitor visa help me with these questions, I will be grateful
raptorsfan said:
Having good travel history is also important...people who seem to have travel history get visit visa easily for canada. I would say its not a good idea to apply for visit visa because god forbid if it gets rejected then it would only delay your sponsorship case. However, you have to show good travel history and make sure your wife has a letter from employer stating that her leave is from this date to this date. Proof of funds is also important. It shows that she is attached to pakistan and she will make a return. Basically you just have to show documents that will convince an immigration officer that she will return back to pakistan. Travel History is very important as it shows that you have been to other countries and came back to pakistan.
Raptorsfan, thank you for the response. Unfortunately she has not travelled outside Pakistan at all. But that is one thing we can not do anything about.
What about the amount of funds? Any one has any idea how much is sufficient and shall be indicated in the form ?
Will my sponsorship case be delayed if TRV application is refused ? Can any one else also advice and comment on that.
Thanks

S

sahibzada_2010

aikhanam said:
You are so right and there are a bunch of idiot sitting in that darn building.

FM_jun

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
there is good news...my consultant whose resources are saying that isi time has reduced to 1 year with some changes ....order has been made it will issues end of this month.....just pray for it...keep ur finger cross

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
on october 27 we will find out if time from 24 months reduces or increases

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
FM_jun said:
there is good news...my consultant whose resources are saying that isi time has reduced to 1 year with some changes ....order has been made it will issues end of this month.....just pray for it...keep ur finger cross
That's good news for the new applicants! And we have seen it on the forum too that most cases now are finalizing in 12-14months :) atleast people won't have to wait for as long as we had to...

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
wes786 said:
That's good news for the new applicants! And we have seen it on the forum too that most cases now are finalizing in 12-14months :) atleast people won't have to wait for as long as we had to...
Great! Brother, when are you going to see your wife or she come to Canada? You should deserve to spend time with her soon after long waiting. :D