2. If she needs to bring their photos
3. What items she can bring
4. How many years we can bring items tax free
5. furniture list is enough or they need pics
6. Anyother info

Thanks
Rahi
Hi

If anyone can comment please. Secondly, (i know this forum is not about this but if anyone can help) i.e. Insurance company for suprevisa.

Thanks
Ghazanfar

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Rahi_Atray said:
Hi

If anyone can comment please. Secondly, (i know this forum is not about this but if anyone can help) i.e. Insurance company for suprevisa.

Thanks
Ghazanfar
Hi Ghazanfar,

You can use this site to get a quote. Also try the desi companies to see if they can give you a reasonable quote.

http://www.arbetovinsurance.com/supervisamedicalinsurance

canadianbear

Oct 31, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17 2010
Doc's Request.
April 20 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 14 2010
Med's Request
June 7 2012
Med's Done....
June 27 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jan 30th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
If today is ppr then tomorrow. :P
LANDED..........
ASAP PLZ GOD
Congrats to Blue Angel, Rani786, RaptorsFan! ;D

Update on my side. Still nothing from CHC ISB. No requests of any kind. Not even objection letter as our case was nikkah case but had rukhsati done in november 2011.

Emailed request for CAIPS this morning.

CanPak05, Let me know what you see in your notes. We sent the voluntary info around the same time. I am wondering if they pushed our files to later date due to stuff we sent. (I know your case is different but just wondering about the BFD)

Looks like ppl on GCMS system are going faster. Which means they will be reducing the processing date, hopefully.
Both of us are getting a little worried cause we got no communication from CHC ISB and we are Dec 2010 AOR while 2011 people are getting PPR requests.

Cheers,

CB

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
lonly widout hubby said:
when ll chc get back to WORK AGAIN ...........???
EASTER TU KHATAM NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tuaba kitni chotiya hoti hain in kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii taubaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! @ #$
u will love all these stat holidays once u r here... long weekend have its own charm...

H

humtum0002

irsum said:
Folks, I need an emergency help/information here about Police Ceritificate from Pakistan. My wife has lived in 3 cities in interior sinds and two distircts in karachi since 18 yrs of age. In our original application we sent the PCC from the last address only..that was the one after rukhsati. Now we are preparing for Re PCC requests. We have not recieved the request but wife is coming to Canada on TRV and we wanted to do re pcc before she leaves. My question is that do we need pcc from every area she has lived ? This would be almost impossible for us to go back to the cities in interior sindh now and get pcc from each place. This could be completely impossible for us and would that mean end of our application process?
It is better for your application process to submit pcc for all areas or cities where she has been living since the age of 18 ...it is also good for you application...

H

humtum0002

Rahi_Atray said:
Hi

My wife got her passport request with 15 days timeline. Here is the timeline

Nikkah Only case
Submitted : Aug 2010
AOR : Sep 2010
File transfer: Oct 2010

Remedical + PCC request: Nov, 2011
Objection : Nov, 2011 (after 1 week)
Proof sent : Dec, 2011 (after 25 Dec.)
PPR : April, 2012

As my wife is planning to come over here. I have few questions,

1. How much jewellery she can bring
6. Anyother info

Thanks
Rahi
1. How much jewellery she can bring

I would say she can take as much as she likes. If she does not have enough then ask her to mention about gold as much as she can at the port of entry because when she bring jewellery next time then at that time custom will not put tax on it since you already mentioned that you have gold but left at back home and will bring it later....

Not necessary to show to office at the POE. but it good for you and your family for memories...

Any thing but food and specious things

Whatever and how much you mentioned at first time at the POE...Once that limit is over then no more tax free

I did not get this question...someone will help you in this

6. Anyother info
Just pray for her to see you soon

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny bhai or any other members:

whats the difference between:RRSP Account
Tax free saving Account
Saving Account
which account is the best to put Money.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
sawera said:
Danny bhai or any other members:

whats the difference between:RRSP Account
Tax free saving Account
Saving Account
which account is the best to put Money.
It all depends on how long are you willing to keep the money in it.

Bascially the first two gives you a tax break for the particular year you put the money in. But as soon as you take it out, you will have to pay taxes on it in the year you take it out.

So lets say if you are saving up money for your near future i.e. to make a purchase (car, house etc0 once your hubby comes, then go with Savings account. Tax free is good for investment purposes. If you are planning to put some money towards your retirement years then you should either go with RRSP. Both of these accounts have a maximum limit you can put in in a particular year.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
humtum0002 said:
It is better for your application process to submit pcc for all areas or cities where she has been living since the age of 18 ...it is also good for you application...
Any suggestions how to get the pcc from other cities. Thanks

SUR1

Dec 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
June 2011
@ Sawera: To best of my knowledge here is answer to your question.

RRSP(Registered Retirement Saving Plan): You can contribute to this account and this money is for your retirement. And If I am not wrong there is certain calculation method government also does some contribution. Money can’t be taken out from this account except on 2 condition otherwise you’ll be penalized. 2 conditions are

1. Lifelong learning: You can borrow money from this account for your studies and after certain time(I think its 10 years) you have to put it back.
2. Buying house. You can borrow money and again same condition money is not yours until retirement.

TFSA(Tax-Free Savings Accounts): This account is good for investment. If you are doing some investment you don’t have to pay tax on profit you’ll get. There is annual limit to this account. You can contribute $5000 maximum per annum. Best example is investment in stocks. If you can invest 5K annually and whatever money you’ll make on that 5K will not be taxable.

Saving Account: Not really sure about this one. But you get certain interest on your saving and taking out money is not that simple. Good for people who have spare money and wants something coming monthly.

jay024

Jan 5, 2012
jason kenny at pakistani canadian cultural association (pcca) Pakistan day show speaking in urdu...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i2VJk-mtLQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

http://pccabc.ca/

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny4450 said:
It all depends on how long are you willing to keep the money in it.

Bascially the first two gives you a tax break for the particular year you put the money in. But as soon as you take it out, you will have to pay taxes on it in the year you take it out.

So lets say if you are saving up money for your near future i.e. to make a purchase (car, house etc0 once your hubby comes, then go with Savings account. Tax free is good for investment purposes. If you are planning to put some money towards your retirement years then you should either go with RRSP. Both of these accounts have a maximum limit you can put in in a particular year.

SUR1 said:
@ Sawera: To best of my knowledge here is answer to your question.

RRSP(Registered Retirement Saving Plan): You can contribute to this account and this money is for your retirement. And If I am not wrong there is certain calculation method government also does some contribution. Money can't be taken out from this account except on 2 condition otherwise you'll be penalized. 2 conditions are

1. Lifelong learning: You can borrow money from this account for your studies and after certain time(I think its 10 years) you have to put it back.
2. Buying house. You can borrow money and again same condition money is not yours until retirement.

TFSA(Tax-Free Savings Accounts): This account is good for investment. If you are doing some investment you don't have to pay tax on profit you'll get. There is annual limit to this account. You can contribute $5000 maximum per annum. Best example is investment in stocks. If you can invest 5K annually and whatever money you'll make on that 5K will not be taxable.

Saving Account: Not really sure about this one. But you get certain interest on your saving and taking out money is not that simple. Good for people who have spare money and wants something coming monthly.
Hmmm thanks....very informative......well i think on Saving Account their is no fee.......as well what ever interest u get ....govt deduct 25% or 45% after a year it all depends on how much we r making......all r confusing.

emanzaib

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 8/11
Doc's Request.
Mar 13/12
File Transfer...
Apr 15/11
Med's Request
June 6/12
Med's Done....
June 8/12- updated as received on E-CAS on June 28/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 19/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 9/13 (Decision Made: Jan 31/13)
LANDED..........
Feb 19/13
Sawera - it depends on the purpose of the investment as well as your income level. If you're saving short-term for a car or just emergency funds then TFSA suits your needs because there is no fee to set it up and the growth is non-taxable. There is a $5,000 cap/year and since the program started in 2009 you can put up to $20,000 if you are starting in 2012. However, if you are in a high income level and have a higher amount to put in you could put some funds into an RRSP as retirement funds. This amount is tax deductible which means you are paying tax on a lower income. However, if you do take out funds from an RRSP before the age of 65 there are withholding taxes depending on the amount you take out for up to 30% instantly and then it is re-accessed when you file your taxes depending on your income level (meaning you could pay more if you have higher income).

sawera said:
Hmmm thanks....very informative......well i think on Saving Account their is no fee.......as well what ever interest u get ....govt deduct 25% or 45% after a year it all depends on how much we r making......all r confusing.

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
sabii said:
u will love all these stat holidays once u r here... long weekend have its own charm...
yeah u r rite ........... but only thn whn i get there
abhye tu me n my hubby HATES THESE LONG WEEKENDS :p :p :p

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emanzaib said:
Sawera - it depends on the purpose of the investment as well as your income level. If you're saving short-term for a car or just emergency funds then TFSA suits your needs because there is no fee to set it up and the growth is non-taxable. There is a $5,000 cap/year and since the program started in 2009 you can put up to $20,000 if you are starting in 2012. However, if you are in a high income level and have a higher amount to put in you could put some funds into an RRSP as retirement funds. This amount is tax deductible which means you are paying tax on a lower income. However, if you do take out funds from an RRSP before the age of 65 there are withholding taxes depending on the amount you take out for up to 30% instantly and then it is re-accessed when you file your taxes depending on your income level (meaning you could pay more if you have higher income).
True.....or if we take money out from RRSP then we have to pay that amount within 15 years.