+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

great person

Aug 24, 2010
wow...just wondering are there any downsides to being a conditional PR - i.e. health insurance, being employed, like wud it affect the person being able to get a job etc. i mean would there be any difference in the rights a conditional PR has vs a PR???

bestplace4u said:
It's COMING

News Release – Conditional permanent residence proposed to deter marriages of convenience

Ottawa, March 9, 2012 — Today, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney announced measures to further strengthen the Government of Canada's ability to crack down on marriage fraud.

Under the new proposal, now open for further public input, a spouse or partner from abroad being sponsored by a Canadian or permanent resident would be required to live together with their sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years following receipt of their permanent resident status in Canada. If these steps are not pursued, the sponsored spouse or partner's status could be revoked, possibly leading to their removal and in some instances, criminal charges could also be laid. For all legitimate relationships, the condition would cease to apply once the conditional period has elapsed.

The proposed conditional measure would help deter people from engaging in a relationship, such as a marriage or a common law partnership, for the purpose of acquiring status or privilege under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This measure would apply to all spouses in relationships of two years or less who have no children with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

"“Our objective is to weed out people trying to use a phony marriage as a quick and easy route to Canada,”" said Minister Kenney. "“In town hall meetings I held in 2010 with victims of marriage fraud, I heard first-hand from victims who were still suffering the consequences years later. They implored me to do something to stop this from happening to others.”"

This follows on the heels of a separate measure last week. Effective March 2, sponsored spouses or partners are ineligible to sponsor a new spouse or partner for five years from the day that they are granted permanent residence status in Canada.

"“The problem of marriage fraud is serious and will only get worse if we don't put measures in place that protect the integrity of our immigration system while deterring people from trying to use a marriage of convenience to cheat their way into Canada,”" added Minister Kenney.

Other countries, such as Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom, use a form of conditional status as a deterrent against marriage fraud and the lack of a similar measure increases Canada's vulnerability to this type of unlawful activity.

The proposed regulations, which were prepublished today on the Canada Gazette website, will appear in the March 10 edition of the Canada Gazette (Part I) and are open for further public input for a 30-day comment period, ending April 9, 2012.

A Notice of Intent proposing the development of this conditional measure was published in the Canada Gazette on March 26, 2011. A number of respondents expressed concern that a conditional measure could increase the vulnerability of sponsored spouses and partners who are in abusive relationships.

Given these concerns, the proposed condition would cease to apply in instances where there is evidence of abuse or neglect, or of a failure to protect from abuse or neglect by a person related to the sponsor, whether that person is residing in the household or not, during the conditional period. Working with stakeholders and other interested parties, Citizenship and Immigration Canada is also developing guidelines to assist spouses and partners who could be victims of abuse or neglect in such situations.

For additional information on the proposed conditional permanent residence measure or to provide comments, please visit the Canada Gazette.

lastsource4ever

Sep 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmedraza01 said:
hello every one ......!
my name is Ahmed raza and i need a help from all of you.....

my spouse (wife) sent complete application package to Mississauga on 1st September 2010 and she received a letter on 27 September 2010 in which they mentioned that we forwarded a copy of application for permanent residence to the Visa office Islamabad. and request some undertaking forms for Quebec selection certificate than after sending that forms she received my Quebec Selection after one month.
After that i received a letter from CHC Islamabad on 19 October 2011 in which they requested
police character certificate and some documents like proof of relationship etc and some IMM forms......
then on 25 October 2011 i received re-medical
i have done my re-med on 1-11-2011 and send all documents to CHC Islamabad on 10-11-2011
after i have not received any letter from CHC for PPR
can anyone tell me that how much they gonna take time for requesting for my passport ?
please please Help me if any one of you knows about it
thank you for you time

here's my timeline.

01-09-2010 application sent to Mississauga
27-09-2010 application forward to CHC Islamabad
19-10-2011 request for PCC, Proof of contact and IMM etc
25-10-2011 request for Re-Med

till now i have not received any letter so please can any one tell me about how much they gonna take time for my PPR.
within 4 to 6 months

B

bestplace4u

great person said:
wow...just wondering are there any downsides to being a conditional PR - i.e. health insurance, being employed, like wud it affect the person being able to get a job etc. i mean would there be any difference in the rights a conditional PR has vs a PR???
No it wont affect on getting health Insurance or Job etc etc.
You will be able to travel as much as u want.
It is just a temporary permit for 2 years which will lead to PR once couple stays in a legit relationship.

stuckhere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
Hi everyone.
Im bound for quebec. Can anyone give me any info on which airline is best to take? I have a one year old child travelling with me and dont want to go to tronto then drive home. She hates car seats. pakistani bacha hai :)

MAB

Aug 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Letter lost) received scanned copy on 27 September, 2011
AOR Received.
05 August, 2010
File Transfer...
07 July, 2010
Med's Request
1st feb 2012 (letter lost) received second copy on March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21st, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd April 2012 (Via Email) and 27th April 2012 Via Courier
VISA ISSUED...
May 18th, 2012
LANDED..........
May 29th, 2012
s_design said:
Yes we got them all in Nov 2011, even though the letter were dated 10 days apart my wife received them in mail together. Meaning that after issuing the letters it took them almost 10 or 15 days before they actually mailed them.

ok so now you are only left with PPR.
Hope you get passport request soon.
i would also suggest go and visit your wife.
How is your wife doing?
Is she also frustrated and tired of this lengthy process like most of us here?

B

bestplace4u

stuckhere said:
Hi everyone.
Im bound for quebec. Can anyone give me any info on which airline is best to take? I have a one year old child travelling with me and dont want to go to tronto then drive home. She hates car seats. pakistani bacha hai :)
City Please ?

MAB

Aug 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05 August, 2010
File Transfer...
07 July, 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 21st, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 18th, 2012
LANDED..........
May 29th, 2012

great person

Aug 24, 2010
thx for ur reply best place4 u...so basically if you are in a genuine relationship...u dont have much to worry about, in the case of conditional permanent res rite? (one of my main concerns was OHIP and JOB) but as u are saying that should not be a prob..rite?

bestplace4u said:
No it wont affect on getting health Insurance or Job etc etc.
You will be able to travel as much as u want.
It is just a temporary permit for 2 years which will lead to PR once couple stays in a legit relationship.

MAB

Aug 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05 August, 2010
File Transfer...
07 July, 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 21st, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 18th, 2012
LANDED..........
May 29th, 2012
what do they do in Interview waived queue? do they decide if the applicant has to go through interview or not here?

I even read it somewhere:
WVR-- is the initials of the person who is supposed to look at the file on the date mentioned on your report.

Which one is true ???

B

bestplace4u

great person said:
thx for ur reply best place4 u...so basically if you are in a genuine relationship...u dont have much to worry about, in the case of conditional permanent res rite? (one of my main concerns was OHIP and JOB) but as u are saying that should not be a prob..rite?
Yes that wont be an issue even I think I will fall under the same new law if they implement it next month or so.
Only thing is even for 2 years u have to keep the proof that u 2 r living together like bills, bank account and blah blah and I think pics too. So the process wont be over even when u get to canada :)

great person

Aug 24, 2010
they jus keep making it more and more difficult for us eh??lol, if u dont mind me asking is urs H or W case?

bestplace4u said:
Yes that wont be an issue even I think I will fall under the same new law if they implement it next month or so.
Only thing is even for 2 years u have to keep the proof that u 2 r living together like bills, bank account and blah blah and I think pics too. So the process wont be over even when u get to canada :)

B

bestplace4u

great person said:
they jus keep making it more and more difficult for us eh??lol, if u dont mind me asking is urs H or W case?
I am the husband being sponsored.

great person

Aug 24, 2010
in my case, im the wife sponsoring my husband...counting from AOR, by the end of this month, we will have been in process for 19 fricking months!! and STILL NO PPR! =(, what about you, whats your timeline

bestplace4u said:
I am the husband being sponsored.

B

bestplace4u

great person said:
in my case, im the wife sponsoring my husband...counting from AOR, by the end of this month, we will have been in process for 19 fricking months!! and STILL NO PPR! =(, what about you, whats your timeline
Counting from AOR 1 Year 8 Months 2 weeks and 5 days , i.e more then 20 months