CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

Tinko

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mainbucha said:
Tinko !
Your profile shows that you had medical in July 2011. What happened after that medical, you didn't get passport request yet or any other correspondence
Nothing happened afterwards. In the email responses they your file is in queue for review to take the final decision. Now I don't know what that means, I am worried..!

Tinko

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RougeAmour said:
My timeline:
They received the application on October 26, 2010.
Approval date November 23, 2010.
My husband's application for PR was received on December 3, 2010.

My mother-in-law received a letter on February 24th in Karachi dated February 11th, 2012 from Immigration. Theyve asked for a bunch of forms again (IMM0008ENU_2D, IMM5406E, IMM5669E, and Pakistani Nationals Form). Also asked for more proof in the form of post-wedding pictures and other evidence of our ongoing relationship. Theyve asked for an updated Police certificate from Karachi and one from Saudi Arabia (where my husband works).

Medical is done, we had it conducted in Riyadh on Thursday March 1 and the files have been already been dispatched to Delhi. Forms have been filled and mailed to Karachi so mother-in-law can attach police certificates. So we're just about done. The police clearance for Saudi Arabia is a looooooong process. They require a letter from CHC in Arabic addressed to foreign affairs and then they will give him a police clearance. We emailed them but no response :(

But yea, everyone here is so excited, mom and dad and everyone are anxiously waiting his arrival. Im hoping his PPR comes by summer (fingers crossed, nafl maaney hain, and lots and lots of duas so we can finally be a family :)

Just thought Id share. Ive been following the forum for a while now. Posted once or twice but this is the first good news that Ive had a chance to post.
Congratulations!

Tinko

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAB said:
i have a news to share
i just received a call from CHC-I to reconfirm my address
he said we sent you the letter via tcs on 1st feb which you haven't received so we doubt there is a problem with your address,
but the the address was correct, anyways he asked me to provide another address where they can send letter again so i provided them my mum's address, then he said we'll send you the letter again on monday which hopefully you'll receive on tuesday or wednesday and even he said he will call me again on wednesday to confirm whether i receive the letter or not.

this phone call has relaxed me a bit
i was very worried, now waiting for tues/Wed anxiously
hope to receive it this time without any problem
pray for me guys!

so i guess this disappearing and re-appearing of address really works
after 3 days my address reappeared again and i got a call from embassy.
fingers crossed
I hope this time you can receive the letter.

Tinko

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S khan said:
For all those who are dreaming of Temporary visa ..I would say that would be devastating " BECAUSE BY NO MEANS THESE TIMELINES CAN COME DOWN SINCE THEY DEPEND UPON NUMBER OF VISAS AVAILABLE TO EACH EMBASSY EACH YEAR AND NUMBER OF APPLICATION FILLED AT THAT EMBASSY" .. So timeline would be more or less same but instead of getting PR person will get temporary PR ..You people can imagine the rest.

Secondly that would be applicable on new filled cases like this Five year ban is active on all cases filled after 2nd March 2012.
I see that your medical is about to expire, did you receive anything?

MAB

Aug 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Letter lost) received scanned copy on 27 September, 2011
AOR Received.
05 August, 2010
File Transfer...
07 July, 2010
Med's Request
1st feb 2012 (letter lost) received second copy on March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21st, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd April 2012 (Via Email) and 27th April 2012 Via Courier
VISA ISSUED...
May 18th, 2012
LANDED..........
May 29th, 2012
s_design said:
That is strange, but lets just hope your mom gets the letter and we dont have any problem with the delivery to her address. Is it possible that you call the shipping company to check with them if they have something coming to your mom's address, in case there is any delay or issue.

PS
Going to sleep, I will be back later tomorrow.

AH take care.

Last time when i called TCS they said they cannot help me without tracking number

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
*AFREEN* said:
wow that's nice :)
good u heard something from them. why u did not send original marriage certificate, and police clearance certificate? :-\
lmao they alreadi have ma ORIGINAL NIkkah NAMA they jus want another one wit the AFghan embassy stamp on it
and I send ma ORIGINAL police clearance but they want another jsu like everyone else will be gettin as well :d

Imtihaan

Jan 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 2010
Med's Request
Feb 25th, 2012
Med's Done....
March 5th, 2012
Passport Req..
Today Alhumdulillah June 19th, Ecas In Process on June 16th
VISA ISSUED...
June 30th Saturday
LANDED..........
July 3rd and July 4th
RougeAmour said:
My timeline:
They received the application on October 26, 2010.
Approval date November 23, 2010.
My husband's application for PR was received on December 3, 2010.

My mother-in-law received a letter on February 24th in Karachi dated February 11th, 2012 from Immigration. Theyve asked for a bunch of forms again (IMM0008ENU_2D, IMM5406E, IMM5669E, and Pakistani Nationals Form). Also asked for more proof in the form of post-wedding pictures and other evidence of our ongoing relationship. Theyve asked for an updated Police certificate from Karachi and one from Saudi Arabia (where my husband works).

Medical is done, we had it conducted in Riyadh on Thursday March 1 and the files have been already been dispatched to Delhi. Forms have been filled and mailed to Karachi so mother-in-law can attach police certificates. So we're just about done. The police clearance for Saudi Arabia is a looooooong process. They require a letter from CHC in Arabic addressed to foreign affairs and then they will give him a police clearance. We emailed them but no response :(

But yea, everyone here is so excited, mom and dad and everyone are anxiously waiting his arrival. Im hoping his PPR comes by summer (fingers crossed, nafl maaney hain, and lots and lots of duas so we can finally be a family :)

Just thought Id share. Ive been following the forum for a while now. Posted once or twice but this is the first good news that Ive had a chance to post.

Congrats MASHAH ALLAH

I have a question dear. When ur hubby got his meds done in Saudia Arabia...did the doc send the results to Delhi himself or it went somewhere else and then directed to delhi?

Am I making sense? What I am asking is does meds done in saudia go directly to delhi like ones done in pakistan and afghan and india .

See , I am having my med done in US and the doc will send the results to Ottawa and then somehow they will go to Islamabad. I dont know if thy will go to Delhi at all.

Does any body know anything regarding this Please.

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R.Mujgani said:
lmao they alreadi have ma ORIGINAL NIkkah NAMA they jus want another one wit the AFghan embassy stamp on it
and I send ma ORIGINAL police clearance but they want another jsu like everyone else will be gettin as well :d
why do they want another one with stamp on it. Will they do this with all afghans.

insaan2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
waived--Allah ka shukar hay
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Request
June 25, 2012
Med's Done....
June 27, 2012
Interview........
waived--Allah ka shukar hay
Passport Req..
June 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 12, 2012
what happens when my wife comes here and wants to sponsor her parents and her brother, can she do it or no? does she have to wait 5 years to sponsor?

waiting4visa said:
Everyone read this important Bulletin

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob386.asp

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2012 (Decision made 9th Feb 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Ahamdolillah, 10th March 2013
Can anyone please tell, what's the difference between file#s starting with B and those with F?
Thanks.

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
Thank God finally The Gov't has taken a step to protect sponsors. Here is the detail. Time to celebrate.

News Release – Minister Kenney introduces sponsorship restriction to address marriage fraud

Toronto, March 2, 2012 — The Government of Canada has put in place a bar on sponsorship in an ongoing effort to deter people from using a marriage of convenience to come to Canada, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

Regulatory changes now in force mean sponsored spouses or partners will have to wait five years from the day they are granted permanent residence status in Canada to sponsor a new spouse or partner. Until now, a sponsored spouse or partner arriving in Canada as a permanent resident could leave their sponsor and sponsor another spouse or partner themselves, while their original sponsor was still financially responsible for them for up to three years.

“I held town hall meetings across the country to hear from victims of marriage fraud,” said Minister Kenney. “In addition to the heartbreak and pain that came from being lied to and deceived, these people were angry. They felt they had been used as a way to get to Canada. We're taking action because immigration to Canada should not be built upon deceit.”

Minister Kenney was joined by representatives of Canadians Against Immigration Fraud (CAIF) at today's announcement.

"We welcome the steps taken by the Honourable Jason Kenney to stop marriage fraud,” said Sam S. Benet, President of CAIF. “These measures will definitely protect the integrity of our immigration system.”

Spousal sponsorship is open to abuse when a person enters into a relationship – such as a marriage or a common law partnership – in order to circumvent Canada's immigration law. Concerned with the problem, the Minister held online consultations in the fall of 2010 to gather public opinion and ideas on how to best address marriage fraud.

“Many of the people who took part in the consultations made it abundantly clear that marriage fraud poses a significant threat to our immigration system,” added Minister Kenney. “Our government has listened to the victims of marriage fraud and all Canadians, and acted to crack down on those who engage in fraud and abuse Canadians' generosity and our immigration system.”
Barring such sponsorships is consistent with similar restrictions imposed by Australia, New Zealand and the United States.

The proposal for a five-year sponsorship bar was prepublished in the Canada Gazette on April 2, 2011, and was open for a 30-day public comment period. The changes coming into force today, March 2, are posted on Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website and will be published in Part II of the Canada Gazette on March 14, 2012.

To show it is serious about cracking down on marriage fraud, CIC is taking a number of steps to deter it. For example, in addition to the sponsorship bar, further public consultations are also expected to begin in the coming weeks on a proposed conditional permanent residence measure. A Notice of Intent proposing the development of this conditional measure was published in the Canada Gazette on March 26, 2011. The measure aims to deter people in newer relationships from using their relationship to gain quick entry to Canada as permanent residents when they have no intention of staying with their sponsor.

wajahat_kotli

Mar 3, 2012
sum budy plz help me..

hi guys i jst recive a leter for a re medical test ..
my wife submitd our case in dec 2010 and its been 15 months .. can sum bdy tell me how long will it take after re medical ..?and what gona happnd next..?
regards
wajahat

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Re: sum budy plz help me..

wajahat_kotli said:
hi guys i jst recive a leter for a re medical test ..
my wife submitd our case in dec 2010 and its been 15 months .. can sum bdy tell me how long will it take after re medical ..?and what gona happnd next..?
regards
wajahat
Did you not get any request to fill forms or updated police clearance certificate with the Re-medical or before that ?

After re-medical, there might be a background check and then its PPR. It could take anywhere from 4-8 months from now to get Visa.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Doncarlos said:
Can anyone please tell, what's the difference between file#s starting with B and those with F?
Thanks.
The changed their system in October 2010, so they have a new series of file numbers that now start from F. So a lot of people who were in the early stages of sponsorship got their file number changed form B# to F#. People who applied after October 2010, got a File number starting with F#.

Wdanish

Feb 13, 2012
Danny4450 said:
If you already updated your address with Revenue Canada OR CIC, then you don't to worry about it. Your wife can update them with the address at the Canadian airport. If you havn't updated it yet, I would suggest you to update your address with CIC. You can do it online through your own E-case.

Alhumdulilah I recieved my passport with visa today in 10 days:) However, like Muzammil address on CoPR for hubby is old one and he shifted and updated with CIC Canada but I guess it wasnt updated in CHC Islamabad... My concern is, is it going to be a problem? I dont want it to go back and forth uselessly as i have to land before may 31 2012 as my visa expires then... Also my CoPR was delivered a lil battered by the TCS.. Not torn but dettached from carbon... Is that going to be a problem? Has anyone had this kinda problem?

Would appreciate all the help I can get...