Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timi said:
Salam all,

I am a new member following this thread for many months now. I have a few questions for you all. I got married in March 2011, applied for his immigration in July 2011, application received in Islamabad September 2011. Haven't heard anything from them since.
The problem is, his mother stood in the way of our rukhsati so we only had nikah. I did not mention it on the application because we had a huge mehndi and shaadi function. We also visited Islamabad for 5 days after our nikah and stayed at my aunt's place. I then lived at his house for 2 weeks following nikah, so technically it was like rukhsati. We did not have a walima but I gave a reason that we want to do it here with my friends and family. Would this cause any problems for our case?
Also, he was a student in England before we got married. He went to Pakistan in March and never went back to England. I initially wanted to apply through the London office because it would have been faster but since that didn't work out we applied through the Islamabad office. Now he wants to go back to England and continue his studies there. I have 2 questions about this
1) Would his going back to England have any effects on his immigration file in Islamabad?
2) Would it be faster to change the immigration office and have his case processed through the London office?

TIA for all your help :)

His mother stood between you guys and rukhsati .........for a moment I thought you are the man sponsoring your wife ...... and then the word "his" helped me identify the vulnerable party involved.........only women used to wear chastity belts in good old days......... never mind.... . Rukhsati is a culmination of marriage and CHC takes a serious offence if you dont perform it, it is a bit too late, if you can manage u can perform valima and rukhsati I would recommend that........ regarding transfer of file to UK office, if his student visa is going to be valid for more than a year, the file can be transferred to London office otherwise additional security checks can potentially delay processing times from CHC-ISB, Indeed there are clear benefits in taking your file out of the hands of CHC-ISB monsters and you can anticipate fair immigration trial (as in reality we are treated as convicts) at CHC-London office.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
timi said:
Salam all,

I am a new member following this thread for many months now. I have a few questions for you all. I got married in March 2011, applied for his immigration in July 2011, application received in Islamabad September 2011. Haven't heard anything from them since.
The problem is, his mother stood in the way of our rukhsati so we only had nikah. I did not mention it on the application because we had a huge mehndi and shaadi function. We also visited Islamabad for 5 days after our nikah and stayed at my aunt's place. I then lived at his house for 2 weeks following nikah, so technically it was like rukhsati. We did not have a walima but I gave a reason that we want to do it here with my friends and family. Would this cause any problems for our case?
Also, he was a student in England before we got married. He went to Pakistan in March and never went back to England. I initially wanted to apply through the London office because it would have been faster but since that didn't work out we applied through the Islamabad office. Now he wants to go back to England and continue his studies there. I have 2 questions about this
1) Would his going back to England have any effects on his immigration file in Islamabad?
2) Would it be faster to change the immigration office and have his case processed through the London office?

oh u got same problem of reception from in-laws as mine :(....kaash koi inhein samjha sakta k why its necessary...

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timi said:
Salam all,

If u already sended all those pic an havent mention then i dont think that will creat any problem ...an transfer his file to london office .....then he can continue his study.....as well it will be faster then cic isb.

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabii said:
oh u got same problem of reception from in-laws as mine :(....kaash koi inhein samjha sakta k why its necessary...

It sounds like the movement "Mothers against Canadian wives" .......... :) inspired by Mothers against Drunk Drivers movement

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
became-a-loner said:
It sounds like the movement "Mother against Canadian wives" .......... :) inspired by Mothers against Drunk Drivers movement
LOL
may be they think Canadian Wives will snatch their son....strange
May Allah help us all in this tough time Aaameen!

timi

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys. He's the only son and it's a love marriage so his mom is a little possessive.
Anyways, walima now is not an option because she would not let rukhsati happen until 2013 at the latest. As I mentioned earlier, I lived at his house after nikah as I have no other relatives in Karachi. We also went to meet my grandma in Islamabad 3 days after the nikah and stayed there for 5 days, so that sort of counts for a honeymoon (even though it was nowhere close to being a honeymoon). The only thing missing is the walima function but we have proof that we did live together. Would they still insist on a walima?
Also, I am just worried about his case taking longer if we transfer it. Would I have to resubmit the sponsorship application and the pr application or would they just transfer the file from Islamabad to London without us having to fill out the forms again?

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timi said:
Thanks for the replies guys. He's the only son and it's a love marriage so his mom is a little possessive.
Anyways, walima now is not an option because she would not let rukhsati happen until 2013 at the latest. As I mentioned earlier, I lived at his house after nikah as I have no other relatives in Karachi. We also went to meet my grandma in Islamabad 3 days after the nikah and stayed there for 5 days, so that sort of counts for a honeymoon (even though it was nowhere close to being a honeymoon). The only thing missing is the walima function but we have proof that we did live together. Would they still insist on a walima?
Also, I am just worried about his case taking longer if we transfer it. Would I have to resubmit the sponsorship application and the pr application or would they just transfer the file from Islamabad to London without us having to fill out the forms again?
They may or may not accept the collateral evidence provided, you can always hope that they do .......... because they have established (through the help of desi staff indeed) that the pinnacle point of marriage is Rukhsati in Pakistani culture ..... it did not used to be the case few years ago and some old school immigration officer may make an exception to the rule ......... you wont have to re-apply ...... they will transfer the file to London Office and send a letter to sponsor/sponsored about the file transfer ....... they can always ask him to re-fill the application related forms as they seem to ask everyone these days since they dont pick up your file for one year so the info on forms are obsolete .......:). Good luck with the Mama and the boy to get HIS rukhstai done....:)

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
Hi timi, The timeline for uk is only 7 months but make sure your husband would be still in uk at that time. You said that you have proof of living with husband which is not so easy to convince them even if you had pictures taken of that place. or your address in pakistan was your husband's adress. I can't say much unless you elaborate the matter further. But I would say that it is not a big deal if you did not have walima as long as there is reason for that (for sure it is always better if you had that but if you had no choice in this case). Good luck to what ever you decide.
timi said:

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timi said:
Hi there

yes it will add up some more time if you request your file to be transfered to London and to be honest with you even London is not that fast for pakistani muslims.
7 months time is only applicable to british nationals, I myself and atleast 3 other applicants are waiting for for more than 10 months and yet to see some positive progress, reasons are:

1. Background checks from both countries takes longer, especially from pakistan
2. Extra security checks on Pakistani muslims, doesnt matter which visa they have
3. They prioritise applications from british, EU nationals
4. Almost 95% pakistani nationals are called for an interview which adds up another 2-4 months
5. If you are requested to provide them with extra documents it easily adds another 2 months, in my case its already been 35 days and I am yet to hear from them apart from an email that they have received the requested documents and even that email came through when we got our MP involved!
even indian applicants prefer to apply from new delhi instead of London!

I am not trying to discourage you but trust me we are facing bigtime discrimination over here as well, make sure your hubby has enough time to stay in the UK because there are chances of an interview and if he is unable to attend its a big problem, someone was refused because of this reason!

Goodluck to everyone!

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
I don't like to say anything except it is 15th month started since my application from Pakistan and there is not a word from chc yet. that is how much longer it takes from pak. But I wish you lots of luck May Allah make things speedy for you.
P.S. It takes one year to get the interview date from Pak.

hsbalouch said:
Hi there

yes it will add up some more time if you request your file to be transfered to London and to be honest with you even London is not that fast for pakistani muslims.
7 months time is only applicable to british nationals, I myself and atleast 3 other applicants are waiting for for more than 10 months and yet to see some positive progress, reasons are:

1. Background checks from both countries takes longer, especially from pakistan
2. Extra security checks on Pakistani muslims, doesnt matter which visa they have
3. They prioritise applications from british, EU nationals
4. Almost 95% pakistani nationals are called for an interview which adds up another 2-4 months
5. If you are requested to provide them with extra documents it easily adds another 2 months, in my case its already been 35 days and I am yet to hear from them apart from an email that they have received the requested documents and even that email came through when we got our MP involved!
even indian applicants prefer to apply from new delhi instead of London!

I am not trying to discourage you but trust me we are facing bigtime discrimination over here as well, make sure your hubby has enough time to stay in the UK because there are chances of an interview and if he is unable to attend its a big problem, someone was refused because of this reason!

Goodluck to everyone!

seherish

Dec 2, 2011
Happy New Year everyone....
i hope this yr they speed up the process to re-unite all spouses. I am leaving for Pakistan in 2 weeks as i have decided that i will stay with my husband till he gets his visa, as it is not easy to live alone. GoodLuck everyone.

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
I would like to inform you that if chc finds out that sponsor is staying in pakistan for long time then they would want to make sure that if you would have employment waiting for you in canada or lease paper to show that you would be going to certain place to live.
As you know otherwise everyone is a suspect except IN GOD WE TRUST.
seherish said:
Happy New Year everyone....
i hope this yr they speed up the process to re-unite all spouses. I am leaving for Pakistan in 2 weeks as i have decided that i will stay with my husband till he gets his visa, as it is not easy to live alone. GoodLuck everyone.

MIKE9292

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 1st, 2010
Doc's Request.
December 26th, 2011
AOR Received.
November 4th, 2011
File Transfer...
October 28th, 2011
Med's Request
December 28th, 2011
Med's Done....
January 3rd, 2012
Interview........
Dont Need.
Passport Req..
March 15th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 22nd, 2012
LANDED..........
April 14th, 2012
Hey guys,

My wife did her re-medical and now she wants to send it back to islamabad, Now the DMP doctor gave her a sheet after filling it out now what address she would send it on and if she has to write anything on top of the envelope ???

Basically how will she send it back?

Thanks in advance.

waqarcan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2009
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
10-11-2009
Med's Request
02-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-03-2011
Passport Req..
07-12- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received with VISA on 10th January 2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon Insha Allah
MIKE9292,

Your wife should only get a receipt from DMP. She can send that receipt to CHC -ISB with a covering letter stating that on so and so date she completed her medical exams. It is the responsibility of the DMP to send the medical tests report to CHC New Delhi India. Your wife can try to get a tracking number from the DMP to ensure that the test results are received at Canadian High Comission in New Delhi India on time.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

waqarcan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2009
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
10-11-2009
Med's Request
02-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-03-2011
Passport Req..
07-12- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received with VISA on 10th January 2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon Insha Allah
Dear S Khan,

Thanks for your comments. I am wondering if they had to issue visa in Jan. 2012, then why do they need to send request for Passport in the first week of december 2011? The letter said if the passport is not received by 22nd of december 2011, they are going to assume that the principal applicant is not interested to immigrate to Canada anymore. I think they intended to issue visa in 2011. I will wait till monday- wednesday to see if something comes through TCS.

Hoping for the best Insha Allah.

Thanks