+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

R

raptorsfan

MIKE9292 said:
Best place are you serious i have less than a month 28 days to fly because i will send alog my ticket boarding pass and stamps on my passport....pia is the only flight i am finding no etihad no emirates nothing...all booked offcourse i am just trying to catch when is almost january already.
Its true, Etihad and Emirates are all booked due to Arbaeen (Chehlum) of Imam Hussain (as). The only choice you have is PIA at this time. PIA is fair service and if you are going to Lahore, Islamabad or Karachi then you will get a direct flight. This will save you a lot of time and hassle.

MIKE9292

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 1st, 2010
Doc's Request.
December 26th, 2011
AOR Received.
November 4th, 2011
File Transfer...
October 28th, 2011
Med's Request
December 28th, 2011
Med's Done....
January 3rd, 2012
Interview........
Dont Need.
Passport Req..
March 15th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 22nd, 2012
LANDED..........
April 14th, 2012

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
MIKE9292 said:
Hey guys,
How can i print out skype chatts, or text messages because me and my wife always talk on that.....never any phone calls.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I have MAC, so to view the history log i usually click on the 'Chat' menu and then select 'History' from the drop-down list. Take a screen capture of the logs, save it in a word document, and then print it from there. Not sure if this helps?

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIKE9292 said:
Thanks everybody for all your help i am trying to go to pakistan early january the only ticket i am finding is PIA how is the PIA flight???? good fair or bad?
Also i will fill out the forms here my wife will do the rest in pakistan.

Also i Have looked all the forums thath i filled in before photosopies thath i have forums do match so what i will do basically read all the question over again and match the answer to the current.

Thanks
Mike dont fly with PIA contact these travel agents they will find u a flight for sure ..............

Gill Travels - 780-469-8100
house of travel : 780-466-1951
Jumbo Travels : 416 977-9896

I am traveling to PK too asap and got really good rates from gill Travels .... These travel agents will find best flight and best rates for u ..... and u check as many as u want u can not beat their rates .............
PIA has no repair going on these days ........... big big risk .......

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
MIKE9292 said:
Thanks everybody for all your help i am trying to go to pakistan early january the only ticket i am finding is PIA how is the PIA flight???? good fair or bad?
Also i will fill out the forms here my wife will do the rest in pakistan.

Also i Have looked all the forums thath i filled in before photosopies thath i have forums do match so what i will do basically read all the question over again and match the answer to the current.

Thanks
Are you negotiating with a travel agent? Because I think if you browse Emirates and Eithad websites yourself, you will discover that there are still some seats available for early January for both airlines. The tickets are a bit pricey though, almost CAD2,000 or so. A couple of weeks later in Jan, the price drops to CAD1400 for Eitehad.

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIKE9292 said:
Hey guys,
How can i print out skype chatts, or text messages because me and my wife always talk on that.....never any phone calls.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
you can copy and paste the history to word document but to me it does not look much reliable because anyone can type anything on a word document, the best although the most painful way is to take screen shots by hitting PrintSc of the entire screen of Skpye chat and paste it on a word document, then scroll down and repeat the process until you reach the end, it will generate a lot of pages but at least it does not appear edited.

Regarding PIA, I am not sure about experience with others but I have traveled many times through direct flight to Pak without any problems, there is no stop over so no need to refuel the plane, the bunch of aunties with their spoiled brats may annoy you if you get a seat next to them but for most part it is a struggle to sleep than to enjoy the in-flight entertainment of desi aunties and their over pampered kids, you may feel like slapping them but only try slapping them once you are no longer in North American airspace (always refer to flight monitor in front of your seat for updated info of North American Zone)

R

raptorsfan

Arkansas2045 said:
Are you negotiating with a travel agent? Because I think if you browse Emirates and Eithad websites yourself, you will discover that there are still some seats available for early January for both airlines. The tickets are a bit pricey though, almost CAD2,000 or so. A couple of weeks later in Jan, the price drops to CAD1400 for Eitehad.
This is how airliners work. Travel Agents make a lot more commission if they sell tickets for a cheap airline like PIA. The travel agent might get the ticket for $1100 and they will sell it to you for $1350 or something. This is for PIA. This is why they always push for PIA for travel to Pakistan. If you need to travel right away, the ticket will always be expensive because there is limited seats left. This is where the Airline makes money other than Business class and First class.

I took PIA at around Eid-ul-Fitr time but I bought my ticket back in Feb 2011 because I knew I was going to visit my wife at a scheduled time. The ticket was very cheap at that time and the people who bought it in august, it cost them $1600. But its true, the lights did go off once (lolz). The in flight entertainment system does not work. There are kids screaming and running around. Random people become each others friends and share blankets (mens). If I were to travel next time with PIA, it would be PIA Business Class.

MIKE9292

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 1st, 2010
Doc's Request.
December 26th, 2011
AOR Received.
November 4th, 2011
File Transfer...
October 28th, 2011
Med's Request
December 28th, 2011
Med's Done....
January 3rd, 2012
Interview........
Dont Need.
Passport Req..
March 15th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 22nd, 2012
LANDED..........
April 14th, 2012
etihad is running high season right now atleast up to $2000 a ticket but pia is at low season for $1450.00 january 10th flight...if you want etihad cheap you need to book after january 14th which will be too late for me....i need to be there ASAP.

Somebody please advise me..So i am sure that pia is a good flight because that seems like an only option and as far as pia goes my cousins have traveled with them many times no problems.
Thanks

waqarcan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2009
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
10-11-2009
Med's Request
02-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-03-2011
Passport Req..
07-12- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received with VISA on 10th January 2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon Insha Allah
Hi All,

I always had bad experience while flying through PIA. Last time We used it was in 2009. It was a terrible experience. late in departures and arrival, too much nepotism in issuing boarding passes and in flight services / foods. I have seen the golden days of PIA long time ago, as I have been flying around the world for a long time. During my last visit to Pakistan using PIA, on return Journey a family comprising three poeple were using our seats as per our issued boarding passes and myself and my kids were sitting in three different isles. Not only that once you enter the airport 3/4 hours before departure time, there are lots of agents roaming around looking for people who are willing to bride them Rs. 1000 or more to have hassle free boarding passes of their choice in quick time and clearence from customs without waiting in queue, disrespecting the people who have been waiting in the queue for hours for their turn to come,

I would never recomend PIA for anybody. Moreover all the flights from and to Pakistan have delayed start due to technical and other reasons.

There are Emiraes, Etihad, Gulfair and Turkish Airlines in additon to many others who can provide you much better service.

Thanks,

R

raptorsfan

waqarcan said:
Hi All,

I always had bad experience while flying through PIA. Last time We used it was in 2009. It was a terrible experience. late in departures and arrival, too much nepotism in issuing boarding passes and in flight services / foods. I have seen the golden days of PIA long time ago, as I have been flying around the world for a long time. During my last visit to Pakistan using PIA, on return Journey a family comprising three poeple were using our seats as per our issued boarding passes and myself and my kids were sitting in three different isles. Not only that once you enter the airport 3/4 hours before departure time, there are lots of agents roaming around looking for people who are willing to bride them Rs. 1000 or more to have hassle free boarding passes of their choice in quick time and clearence from customs without waiting in queue, disrespecting the people who have been waiting in the queue for hours for their turn to come,

I would never recomend PIA for anybody. Moreover all the flights from and to Pakistan have delayed start due to technical and other reasons.

There are Emiraes, Etihad, Gulfair and Turkish Airlines in additon to many others who can provide you much better service.

Thanks,
I never experienced late arrival, my flight was on time. However, I did arrive late at the Airport in Karachi for departure and there was a long lineup. I did pay one PIA guy Rs. 350 and he took me all the way to the gate without waiting in any q's. It felt like VIP service and felt like money really has power. The guy told me that on PIA Canadian flights he does not make that much business. He said he makes lots of business on PIA flights to UK.

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
MIKE9292 said:
etihad is running high season right now atleast up to $2000 a ticket but pia is at low season for $1450.00 january 10th flight...if you want etihad cheap you need to book after january 14th which will be too late for me....i need to be there ASAP.

Somebody please advise me..So i am sure that pia is a good flight because that seems like an only option and as far as pia goes my cousins have traveled with them many times no problems.
Thanks
Just go on pia Allah knows best dont listen to people there are no problems with it pakistani people have tendency to think negative

I travel on pia everytime nothing is wrong

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Pia compared european america or canadian airlines pia is alot better other airlines charge u for a drink even headphones so pia is better in even service

People have on bad experience and they make everything look bad its a great airline to fly with direct flight no hassels

Its not a perfect world some flights are delayed and some are early every airline is late sometime

I have flown on pia 50 times i have never had any problems not late even somtimes land an a hour early

canadianbear

Oct 31, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17 2010
Doc's Request.
April 20 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 14 2010
Med's Request
June 7 2012
Med's Done....
June 27 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jan 30th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
If today is ppr then tomorrow. :P
LANDED..........
ASAP PLZ GOD
I have had good and bad experiences with PIA but never great. But in the end, its one of the cheapest tickets out there and shortest travel time. Otherwise i would recommend Eithad, Emirates or any other stop-over flights via europe.

Eithad & Emirates will have a stop over at their respective cities for 4-8 hours (depending on flight)
Total travel time will be 20-26+ hours. Same goes for europe stopovers.

PIA will have the shortest trip of direct flight of 16-18 hours IF you fly on the direct flight day. Depends where you are going, Lahore, Islamabad or Karachi.

PIA has 3 flights / week. If you are in Toronto, Karachi direct flights are Fridays from T.O. and Sundays from Karachi (return). Other two days are direct to either Lahore or Islamabad.

Issues i have with PIA: Over booking (sometimes), Political issues regarding their finances, Great service going to Karachi but Average/poor service on the way back. Some Entertainment units don't work or have issues or work only a certain way.

Question you have to ask yourself, Are you willing pay for the good stuff or bare it for a cheaper ticket.

Next time i fly, it will be with Emirates or Eithad. There was strike that was looming PIA in Dawn paper 6 days before my departure, which ruined my whole day when i heard it as I started making back up plans. Luckily it was just all talk -- political. My flight was on time and direct to Toronto.

PIA offers 16 hour direct but if there is a stop over in lahore, islamabad or technical difficulties, it can become a 20 hour flight and then you wonder why i didn't pay the extra for emirates for the same time... but, i get to keep the $600 savings in my pocket for my travel shopping and gifts. I can wait extra 4-6 hours. Just sleep whole day when i get to the nearest bed :p

Do what suits you best Mike.

Cheers

B

bestplace4u

Khilafah5 said:
Just go on pia Allah knows best dont listen to people there are no problems with it pakistani people have tendency to think negative

I travel on pia everytime nothing is wrong
bhai sahab you must love PIA then :p check out the Pakistani TV channels for news updates on PIA everyday
and what is happening with the flights :)
My cousin traveled from Toronto to Karachi 3 weeks ago nothing went wrong with him his flight was just 16 hours late.

B

bestplace4u

For all u ziddi bacchas out there The News Article dated 28th December

KARACHI: The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) employees have refused to serve on the leased aircraft and demanded that the management bring its own fleet into operation.

“PIA flights operation is still facing difficulties maintaining flight punctuality as deliberate shortage of aircraft was created by management to justify acquisition of aircraft on wet lease,” a spokesman for the employees’ Joint Action Committee said in a statement.

The spokesman said that the management was bent on causing more and more damage, both administratively and financially, as it had again decided to acquire Airbus A320s on lease along with operating cockpit and cabin crew.

He said that officially the management was denying a deal for Airbus A320s, but it was seeking permission from Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) for certification just as it did when it denied Boeing 747 from Hellenic initially for Hajj season, but later tried to prove having extreme benefits from the same.

The employee unions and representatives had advised the management that if more aircraft were needed after bringing PIA’s own fleet into operations, it should opt for Boeing 737s which were already in service in PIA and the airline had full HR and technical strength for operating them. Priority should be to make PIA’s own fleet serviceable which could save millions of dollars, they said.

“Cancellation of around 1,200 PIA flights between August and November inflicted a loss of around Rs410 million to the airline which was one of the management’s tactics to pave the way for leasing two Airbus A320,” the statement added. He said that there were 13 aircraft still grounded at PIA engineering department for want of engines, equipment and spare parts.

Among the grounded aircraft, there are Boenig-747s having multiple requirements, including engine installations and shakedown inspections. One Boeing 777 needs full painting works on its body to be airworthy.

There are three Boeing-737 aircraft also grounded. Besides Check-D and Shakedown inspections are also needed. Three grounded Airbus need engine change, Check A and D process. Two ATR planes need replacement of different spare parts with shakedown inspection and installation of two engines.