Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,
we got interview letter today.
and in the letter they mentioned.that bring 2 passport size picture-mor post wedding picture-original passport.and ur passport photcopy only for 2 pages.
and they alos mentioed that they will cal me in canad for interview as well.interview is on dec 08.
thanx

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May be its not related to you. But its just a brainstorming for doctors and dentists and I am saying this on base of experience. I know many people who are having a bad experience here. Canadian Medical and dental associations dont want new immigrant to practise as doctors and dentists. Simply becasue they dont want their monopoly to be challenged, they want to retain their high earnings.They have made the entire process next to impossible. People who are living in Toronto, may have seen immigrant doctors and dentists driving taxis. So my friend, if you are coming to Canada, forget about your future as being a doctor or dentist. This is just my experience and may be people have experience otherwise.

sjh84 said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I was sponsored by my wife in April 2010 and my application is in process. I am a medical graduate from Pakistan and going to start training in USA in medicine. Recently I have received a email from CHC to submit signed medical declaration[/b]. Does anybody have similar experience? Any idea what is this and how to do?

Thanks.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best of luck. I hope you ordered the CAIPS notes to find the exact reasons. I hope below will help:

How did you meet your sponsor?
Who was involved in arranging the marriage?
How is the middle man related or known to both families?
Did you talk with each other privately before agreeing to the marriage?
Why did you not get married earlier?
How many people attended your marriage (look at the photographs provided to the visa officer - is it in conformity with your answer? Very often there are limited number of people at the ceremony)
When did your sponsor immigrate to Canada? (the visa officer is attempting to find out if the applicant has knowledge of the sponsor)
What does your sponsor do for a living? (this is basic - every husband/wife should know this about their sponsor)
What is your sponsor's phone number? (this is basic - every husband/wife should know this about their sponsor - however I have come across situations where the applicant does not know)
Do you have any relation with your sponsor other than marriage? (visa officer is attempting to ascertain whether there was a relationship and therefore a motive to sponsor the applicant other than a genuine marital relationship)
Who accompanied your sponsor when he/she came to get married? (something the applicant should know if they are in a genuine relationship)
Who proposed? When was the proposal made? When did you get married? (basic...)
When did you and your sponsor live together? (also elementary, and a question contained in the sponsorship questionnaire)
Did you and the sponsor attend any weddings or functions together? (It's almost a certainty that a newly married couple will be attending other weddings, especially if their wedding was during the marriage season)
What is the name of your spouse's company? (applicant should know the employment of sponsor)
What kind of work does sponsor aspire to do in the future? Any career plans? (see above)
What was his/her previous job before present employment? Why did sponsor change jobs? How long at current employment? (see above)
What does sponsor like about the job? What is his/her boss/supervisor's name? What are the names of the people he/she works with? What is the nature of the job? How much does he/she make?(see above)
What does sponsor like/dislike about [INSERT CANADIAN CITY]? (visa officer is attempting to get a spontaneous response)
Where do you and your sponsor plan to live in Canada?
What do you plan to do once you get to Canada (go to school, learn english, get a job)
What are your spouse's friends' names?
What does your sponsor do in his spare time? What does your sponsor do when he's not working?
What is spouse's favourite sport?
Did you go on a honeymoon or outing after your marriage?
Where did you go to/How long did you go for?
How long did your sponsor stay in Pakistan after the marriage?
How often, and how do you stay in contact with your spouse?

resham said:
hi guys,
and in the letter they mentioned.that bring 2 passport size picture-mor post wedding picture-original passport.and ur passport photcopy only for 2 pages.
and they alos mentioed that they will cal me in canad for interview as well.interview is on dec 08.
thanx

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
resham said:
hi guys,
thanx
Glad to hear you finally got the date for the interview! :) Hope you do well! Best of luck. Study your own application with your husband and know it inside out and if you notice a few mistakes be ready to explain them. Try to both be on the same page about everything that is happening with your life and future plans and don't forget your children in this picture.

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UOC said:
May be its not related to you. But its just a brainstorming for doctors and dentists and I am saying this on base of experience. I know many people who are having a bad experience here. Canadian Medical and dental associations dont want new immigrant to practise as doctors and dentists. Simply becasue they dont want their monopoly to be challenged, they want to retain their high earnings.They have made the entire process next to impossible. People who are living in Toronto, may have seen immigrant doctors and dentists driving taxis. So my friend, if you are coming to Canada, forget about your future as being a doctor or dentist. This is just my experience and may be people have experience otherwise.
It is hard work but it is not impossible. I have seen two doctors both dentist who came here together along with their families and at the beginning they worked odd jobs anything from taxi to factories to security guards to MacDonald.

One of them kept studying further and few years later he got the license. He is currently practicing dentist in Mississauga with a house nearby in an expensive area.

The other one did not want to go back to school and study so he stayed here for 3 years doing odd jobs, got his citizenship and moved back to Pakistan for good.

It all depends on how ambitious you are. If you can put up with the struggle of a few years then you reap the rewards.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed, thats why I used the word "next to impossible". Nothing is impossible in this world, whats matter is, if you have the time, stamina and patience to achieve your objectives. I friend of mine nearly spent 30K CAD on her dentist wife to pass the exam. She finally cleared the exam. Question is do everyone has that kind of money and support.

humpakwatankaylog said:
It is hard work but it is not impossible. I have seen two doctors both dentist who came here together along with their families and at the beginning they worked odd jobs anything from taxi to factories to security guards to MacDonald.

One of them kept studying further and few years later he got the license. He is currently practicing dentist in Mississauga with a house nearby in an expensive area.

The other one did not want to go back to school and study so he stayed here for 3 years doing odd jobs, got his citizenship and moved back to Pakistan for good.

It all depends on how ambitious you are. If you can put up with the struggle of a few years then you reap the rewards.

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UOC said:
Agreed, thats why I used the word "next to impossible". Nothing is impossible in this world, whats matter is, if you have the time, stamina and patience to achieve your objectives. I friend of mine nearly spent 30K CAD on her dentist wife to pass the exam. She finally cleared the exam. Question is do everyone has that kind of money and support.
Most people that I know that are currently studying to become Doctors have gone back to either Pakistan, Caribbeans or Dubai so they can get the medical studies done there and then come back here do a couple more years and practice here (or US coz you get paid more there lol). So if you are doctor from Pakistan you kind of are done that step already and can get to next step by studying further a few years.

After you are done, 30K will not mean much to you with your income, it will be a breeze for you to pay back. And as a Permanent Resident you will not be paying the 30K right out of your pocket upfront, there are student loans that you can apply for.

Now support is the thing that you have to have and of course the determination(time+stamina+patience)! But again that's where individuality comes into play and that's different from person to person.

Amahmoo

Mar 23, 2011
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
Doc's Request.
03-10-2010
AOR Received.
03-10-2010
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Passport Req..
24-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH SOON!
Could anyone please provide some details about the weight limits and how many baggage's can we carry if you are traveling to Canada first time?
I would be glad if someone please provide these details. Is it same for everyone whether they are traveling first time or have traveled before too?
Is it 23Kg or 32Kg per luggage?

Awaiting 2012

Nov 9, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
File Transfer...
November 2010
Med's Request
Re-med request April 15 2012
Med's Done....
Re-med done May 1st 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
December 13th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
mainbucha said:
Thank you very much for the information, but I think Banjara is October AOR
Do you know anybody received something who's file transferred in November or December

CHC walay to wait ko lamba hi kartay ja rahay hain
Tru that mate. I'm november AOR, haven't heard a thing :s hopefully before the xmas holidays we shud hear something....

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally its 2 bags of 23 Kg each for economy class. But you better check with the airline you wish to travel.
If you travelling first time or not, airline has nothing to with it. First time landing will give you tax free status for the stuff you will bring in to Canada. You can also declare the list of stuff at the immigration which you want to bring later to save tax.

Amahmoo said:
Could anyone please provide some details about the weight limits and how many baggage's can we carry if you are traveling to Canada first time?
I would be glad if someone please provide these details. Is it same for everyone whether they are traveling first time or have traveled before too?
Is it 23Kg or 32Kg per luggage?

sjh84

Nov 26, 2011
UOC said:
Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
At present I am worried about this medical declaration form. from where I can get this. Any idea?

Saisn

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
12-12-2010
Med's Done....
08-20-2010
Interview........
Dont Like
Passport Req..
ASAP
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP
LANDED..........
ASAP
Residency Obligation and Sponsor Application.

I have sponsored my wife and its has been approved since december 2010. File was transffered on Dec 10th, 2011.
IMy PR card is expired and currently living in middle east these days. My plans are to move to Canada after my wife's application approval. Looks like we are getting closer to receive Supp Immigration form, Re PCC or remedical request sometime in Jan beased on current trend.

My question is what is the affect of my absense and expired PR card on my wife's application in CHC.

What if on Supplement forms she shows that she is living in MR with me ?
Since my application (sponsorship) is already approved do they still care whether I am in canada or out of canada?

I went last month to pick up my card from and they said I need to go thorugh an Interview, but look like I wouldnt be able to go for an Interview so after my wife's application approval I will apply for re entry permit and card renewel.
Please advise me with your expert opinion? I know a lot of experts guroo's are here and they know each prose and corn of canadaian immigartion system specialy with family sponsor?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Congratulations to all those who got their visas/PPRs/updates :)

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UOC said:
I agree with you dear ............. even when you pass their illogically crafted Medical Council of Canada (mcc.ca) exams ........ they still have only about 100 residency seats for international medical graduates (IMG) for which about 12000 international medical graduates are competing ...... and if u passed your exams more than a year ago being in Canada which means u have a clinical experience gap .......... u r pretty much out of luck for most part of the process ....... and you only get one chance every year (if you ever get) to appear for a residency interview and those who get generally get in remote God forsaken villages of Manitoba or Eastern Canada (where no Canadian educated Doctor wants to go) which is still fine but its even so hard to get that ........... Why does Govt of Canada do that ........ very simple answer ...... a licensed Doctor in Canada earns between $ 170,000 to $250,000 take home and he/she charges the bill directly to Govt of Canada, in other words he is on Govt payroll indirectly .......... every new doctor means a huge cost for the Govt ..... as much as they wine and moan about shortage of doctors ......... they dont afford new doctors ........ USA is a different story because their doctor gets paid by private insurance companies where the premium is paid by public not Govt ........ hence more money and better chances ...... if you get a chance watch the documentary of IMG's in Canada ..... A BIG WAIT ....... the movies tells you about the failure of Canadian system to recognize IMG's when adding doctors to communities is part of every political party's platform .... yes politicians lie here too ........... Good luck to migrating doctors to Canada ........ there will be a long time before you hear this word DOCTOR about yourself in Canada .......Dental Doctors dont need residency ........ their exams are equally difficult but they are luckier than regular doctors that they only have to pass the exams and start practicing ........ but keep the hopes high because it does not cost you to hope and it keeps your hormonal system performing better than otherwise and at the end ......... everyone has his/her own luck ........ some are darn lucky but most are unlucky in Canadian system of recognizing a foreign doctor ....... hope it helped those who needed bit insight into Medical Mysteries of Canada and history does not make everyone a hero ........ :)