+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
YOu all have to understand one thing. The only country that is taking so long for immigration processes is Pakistan. WHY??? May be its not the CIC - ISLamabad that is taking up the time, may be its the other government offices in Pakistan where CIC send the information for background checks, nikah namas, birth certificates validations and other document checks. When CIC send them the information to get these documents verified, who knows how long these government offices take to get them verified. You all know how governrment offices in pakistan run, may be they are the ones taking all the time and because of that CIC is unable to keep up the work they are supposed to. Every week there are bomb blasts in different parts of the country they don't have a choice but to close their office and leave to save their lives. So its a tough call and I don't know who to blame....
Pakistan is not only coutnry that is taking long time... please check Abu dhabi, Nairobi, Singapore, colombo time lines as well... they are taking even longer than us to process PR application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the response I have received today from minster office regarding the letter I have sent them last month,which most of you are aware.

Re:flood in Pakistan and family sponsorship application timelines
"CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignemen" Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca

Dear Mr. Naeem:

This is in response to your email of August 19, 2010, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the flood in Pakistan and family sponsorship application timelines. I apologize for the delay in replying.

I appreciate the Pakistani community’s concerns about their families’ safety and well being in Pakistan. I would like to assure you that Citizenship and Immigration Canada is aware of the unfolding crisis, and is monitoring the situation carefully. There is regular communication and daily reports sent to our National Headquarters by our mission’s manager. Our visa office in Islamabad is open and operating normally.

With regard to expedited processing of Family Class applications, I would like to explain that our visa officers have sufficient discretion under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to respond in a flexible and humane manner to emergency situations. It is the client’s responsibility, however, to demonstrate to the visa officials, with proper documentation, that they have been personally and directly affected by the situation. Where required, an interview may also be held. A decision is made after consideration of all factors.

If you or members of your community are in contact with family members in Pakistan who are directly affected by the flooding, you may wish to encourage them to contact the visa office, explain how they are personally affected by the flooding, and request expedited processing. I can assure you that visa officials will extend every consideration to their circumstances.

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concern. I trust that the information provided is of assistance.

N. Vizcaino

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for response

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
January 2010 AGAIN IN Feb 2011
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
Hi

Can someone please tell me how to apply for CAIPS notes.. My lawyer is charging me 300 dollars, but i remember reading on this forum that its only 5 dollars

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
here you go sister hope this helps.

CAIPS will only be issued to you if you are living in Canada. Otherwise, you have to have them released to someone living in Canada. For that, you need to ensure you sign and submit the proper authorizations.

CAIPS request form is at the link javcil provided.

"Authority to Release Personal Information" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf form. Include it with the "Access to Information Request" form.

Send both of these forms and a cheque for $5 payable to the Receiver General of Canada to:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Salam one 2 ka 4 brother. I need your advice basically Iam sponsoring my wife and isl started processing in nov 2009 and now its been 10 months and still my wife has not got the request for ppr. Can you pls let me know since you know how the visa office operates. I had sent updated pcc, remedical and imm forms with supp form in the end of aug 2010. I just need alittle asurance that this is the last part of the process and if background checks are underway iam fine with that. I just want to know do they usually ask for anything else after this once submitted or all is left is for background checks. From other members on this forum I noticed most people they are doing background checks after submitting remdical and extra documents so is it the same for mine too. Your advice and experience in this please brother. thanks and may allah help us to be reunited with our loved ones.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaweda, base on VISA officers turnaround time I can assure you that you will receive the PPR request by Oct 21 could be any day, however please keep in mind that If background check is going to take long time I mean if it is not done in Oct than you can expect an other 2 month to receive PPR request. But I am hoping it will be completed prior to Oct 21. Insha Allah.

At this point applications batch of Sep-Nov and partially Dec files are inthe process of finaliazing. So next bacth will be Partially Dec and Jan-Feb application and next bact is going to be started at the end of Oct OR 1st week of Nov Insha Allah.

Sweet901

Aug 17, 2010
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Jaweda, base on VISA officers turnaround time I can assure you that you will receive the PPR request by Oct 21 could be any day, however please keep in mind that If background check is going to take long time I mean if it is not done in Oct than you can expect an other 2 month to receive PPR request. But I am hoping it will be completed prior to Oct 21. Insha Allah.

At this point applications batch of Sep-Nov and partially Dec files are inthe process of finaliazing. So next bacth will be Partially Dec and Jan-Feb application and next bact is going to be started at the end of Oct OR 1st week of Nov Insha Allah.
Inshallah, I am really hoping for my husband to receive his PPR by october. Islamabad started processing our case on Oct 31st 2009. I am anxiously waiting for his visa request :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Currently Female applicants are getting visa faster than Male.. What a Discrimination

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
thank you brother so much for this. You cant imagine how releived Iam to hear that atleast i know that its in process and I dont mind waiting its just I needed to be sure. May allah bless you and inshallah you get goods news soon too. good luck

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
lostsoul27 said:
Hi

Can someone please tell me how to apply for CAIPS notes.. My lawyer is charging me 300 dollars, but i remember reading on this forum that its only 5 dollars
Go to this thread that I posted and read the whole thing. You just have to fill out couple of forms and send a $5 check and mail the application. Your lawyer is ripping you off, and you might want to stay away from him/her. Just a tip!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/requesting-caips-notes-t53846.0.html

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
knaeem said:
Pakistan is not only coutnry that is taking long time... please check Abu dhabi, Nairobi, Singapore, colombo time lines as well... they are taking even longer than us to process PR application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp
Well then we shouldn't complain, may be its just the way it is and they are not 100% confident to give us the visas that early.

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
Sweet901 said:
Inshallah, I am really hoping for my husband to receive his PPR by october. Islamabad started processing our case on Oct 31st 2009. I am anxiously waiting for his visa request :)
reallly?
if they r finishing up sept to oct batch...wat abt me? i have sponcered my hubby in june 2009...case started processing aug 4 2009.....its a straight forward case.....any ideas?

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mariah sister, unfortunately your case could be in the catagorey of "80% cases processed in 14 month".

To me look like something wrong with the file I am sure that you must have done the inquiry what exactly did they tell you, let me know plz.

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
yes i have done the inquiry n they tell me tht its in normal background check . we do not know how long it will take.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see so "back ground check" typical word they use for every one.If this the case than who know what exactly they are doing.

Where is your hubby in PKSTN I had posted the reponse here from the Minister office this morning which clearly indicate that If your family is in flood area or if your family is affected by flood blease advice them to contact embassy so I encourge every body here please do so if there is anyone who's family in aur near flood affected area's.

My wife is in LHR so cann't advice her to do so.

Cheers