+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Humaumair said:
Person to be sponsored lives outside of Canada

(working on applications received on December 6, 2010)

what does this mean? my process started on 30th dec 2009..they wrote 2010..what r they working on ???? lazy
This is the first step process that happens in CPC-Mississauga. They are talking about every file they receive and they forward it to the country it belongs to from there so currently they are on file that were submitted in December.

J

jani99

exeemz said:
I will be glad to join all efforts that will bring change in this unfair, unrealistic and discriminatory process.

Facebook page:
Its good and I will be joining, but question: Would it not be duplicate all this effort since we have so many authentic example of injustice on this forums as well as immigration.ca. Is there any way we can consolidate and create a unified view that we can present to people (media, politicians, visa officers and general public).

I agree with the initiative taken, and I will fully support, even after I get my visa, i will continue to contribute until we see a change. Lets all unite and be committed until our issues is heard and then resolved. It will be very beneficial to new couples that will have to go through this process.

I pledge my support, not just for myself but everyone in Canada that has suffered for no apparent reason by Immigration Office in Islamabad.

A very well piece of article / email that can be sent to everyone is a good start.

I can create a Google Doc and make it open to public to collaborate and edit until it looks good. Our friends pakivette or jani99 can then email it to media and other sources.
exeemz, I know that we have more than enough examples on different forums but Facebook page will help us bring all the inforamtion/concerns/laws about CIC on one page... We need more people to join this group and then we need to create a list which will include all ministers, media and other authorities and when we are ready we will fire it off to everyone...

Google search can give you whatever you want, we have to search for useful information, information which will make a difference...

J

jani99

Originally posted by kandareen

Originally posted by jani99

We have to make a strategy to approach media and ministers... We need to
add as many people as we can in our facebook group then we can plan
something to visit jason kenny's office. We will write a letter
collectively to ministers, a copy which will be sent to Prime minister
and to all news channels...We will forward minister replies to news channels...I
will also write an email to Jim Brown Host of Calgary Eyeopener show at
cbc radio... I will request him to broadcast this issue on the radio...I will do whatever I can no matter what happens...
Hi everyone... I'm from a long media background and know that it takes many press releases, emails and phone calls to all the media venues to make a difference. Also, target all cultural newspapers and radio stations. Make sure your press releases are well written, otherwise they will not appear credible. Another thing to do is to contact the Liberal opposition leader Ujjal Dev Singh Dosanjh. He's well known across Canada and would undoubtedly love to challenge the current government, which is not his party. Writing to the Prime Minister will NOT help you. I wrote to him and he just forwards letters to Minister Kenney... who pretty much will probably ignore the letter. The Prime Minister does not deal with immigration at all. The other thing to do is to target newspapers in your country. Also find political reporters from both countries and write to them. Do all this through Google research. Make your letter very powerful. I would also suggest get as many people connected to Facebook as possible... not only people from Pakistan, but people like myself who are suffering the same as you but sponsoring my husband from Kashmir, India. There's definitely a bias happening with our case and it's time we all speak up. You just have to do it professionally and maturely.

I totally agree with you, we all have to be on the same page and we have to prepare everything fool proof... I will definitely add Liberal opposition leader Ujjal in my list, I have almost the same plan but I need help to write emails and letters and I also request people to come up with the ideas to make facebook page more intuitive and informative...

J

jani99

Join the facebook group guys... "Protest against Canadian High Commission in Islamabad"

ainy inam

Sep 13, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakivette said:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good job. here is something more, I am not sure if this will help ..

I understand Immigration policies are little different for Pakistan. Canadian
consulate in India has 2-3 months time frame for spousal sponsorship and for
Pakistan its 10-14 months. I don't think CHC-Islamabad's staffs are inefficient
themselves, but they were directed from Canadian Immigration purposely to be
inefficient for Pakistanis.

We are required to overdo the documentation and despite that we have to suffer
the most. Being a Pakistani is not a crime. After providing them with a million
proofs and original documents we still have to bear the painstaking period of
waiting. There should be a definite time period for the “In Process" status. It
seems they delay the process intentionally to discourage people from moving to
Canada from this part of the World.

As a Canadian citizen, a valid tax payer and fulfilling citizen duties we should

be able to unite with our spouses, something that Canada prides itself on is
family reunification. Liberal Party of Canada is our only hope and this is the
reason we are addressing this issue to you

It is my right to raise my voice against human rights and the way Canadian High
Commission process the spouses case at Islamabad-Pakistan is what I call a
TORTUE on a human relationship in my opinion.

I am requesting you on the behalf of Pakistani Canadian community through this
letter that Honourable minister of citizenship and immigration should consider
the matter seriously to help us to reunite with our family. Canadian Immigration

audit team should look into this issue and expedite the spousal immigration
process to maximum of 5 months for Pakistan, as the lengthy and unnecessary
delay process can take a physical and emotional toll on someone life and
relationship.

On behalf of Pakistani Canadian community,
yes u r rght

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
Safum said:
Oh my God!! Saroo, you are the 2nd person to tell me this. Should I send them a letter saying that I came back to Canada in september?? please tell me... maybe that is teh reason they have not opened my case for 6 months. :(
Send them the copy of your ticket and boarding pass and stuff like that and yeah write them a letter to let the embassy know that you are back in canada.

pakivette

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
exeemz said:
I will be glad to join all efforts that will bring change in this unfair, unrealistic and discriminatory process.

Facebook page:
Its good and I will be joining, but question: Would it not be duplicate all this effort since we have so many authentic example of injustice on this forums. Is there any way we can consolidate and create a unified view that we can present to people (media, politicians, visa officers and general public).

I agree with the initiative taken, and I will fully support, even after I get my visa, i will continue to contribute until we see a change. Lets all unite and be committed until our issues is heard and then resolved. It will be very beneficial to new couples that will have to go through this process.

I pledge my support, not just for myself but everyone in Canada that has suffered for no apparent reason by Immigration Office in Islamabad.

A very well piece of article / email that can be sent to everyone is a good start.

I can create a Google Doc and make it open to public to collaborate and edit until it looks good. Our friends pakivette or jani99 can then email it to media and other sources.
=======================================================================================

Sure once the letter is drafted, I can send it to the media; and for last 4 months I am already writing to Immigration, auditor general canada, different MPs in ontario, media in Canada and Pakistan once a week. But it has to be done collectively, we need more people writing to everyone.
Check for my previous posts for e-mail addresses of media etc.

More Importantly I believe we need a signed letter from 40-50 people (friends/relatives) take it to the local MPs (go in a group) and have them present this letter in the house of commons. Also talk to influential Pakistanis in the community to help us out here.

wating4u

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-12- 2009
AOR Received.
25-01- 2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
12-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2011
LANDED..........
8-08-2011
Hi guys..gud work on forum keep it up & i will Joing u guys on Facebook soon.. i hve a questions for u guys hope sombody helps with info.....
how long does it takes to get the CAIP notes bck after mailing it in?
can they e-mail u notes too or just send bck the mail?
can anybody at home can recve them? ..
thnk in advanc~ :)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
wating4u said:
Hi guys..gud work on forum keep it up & i will Joing u guys on Facebook soon.. i hve a questions for u guys hope sombody helps with info.....
how long does it takes to get the CAIP notes bck after mailing it in?
can they e-mail u notes too or just send bck the mail?
can anybody at home can recve them? ..
thnk in advanc~ :)
About 30 days, No they can't be emailed, and yes it comes by regular mail so even if no one is home it will be in your mailbox...

wating4u

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-12- 2009
AOR Received.
25-01- 2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
12-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2011
LANDED..........
8-08-2011
wes786 said:
About 30 days, No they can't be emailed, and yes it comes by regular mail so even if no one is home it will be in your mailbox...

im just curious.. (CAIPS) r they easy to understand? .....Thank u wes786

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
wating4u said:
im just curious.. (CAIPS) r they easy to understand? .....Thank u wes786
hmmm...they are written in codes here is the code list to help you out :) good luck!

http://immipedia.ca/CAIPS_Codes

S

Safum

wes786 said:
hmmm...they are written in codes here is the code list to help you out :) good luck!
To those who have gotten these notes, are CAIPS notes helpful?
Also, does CHC know that we have ordered them??

thanks

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Safum said:
To those who have gotten these notes, are CAIPS notes helpful?
Also, does CHC know that we have ordered them??

thanks

It depends during what stage you request them. My wifes process started in March2010 I got the notes in November, there was no update her file was sitting in the storage area, all it had is that they had received the additional docs I had sent twice...thats about it. But if you get called for an interview then its of great help because it outlines the Immigration Officer's comments, red flags, why you are being called for an interview and so on...gives you an idea of how to prepare yourself.

They might know that they have been ordered but it doesn't effect the process in anyway, becuase its processed in Ottawa.

S

Safum

Thank you for replying WES786. I am very eager to order them...maybe in a week or so I will.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see that most cases on this Forum are those that started in 2010.

I know about 10 cases here in Toronto. From which all (about 4) that applied before and up until April of 2009 have recieved thier PPR. So, for about a year I have been thinking that perhaps CHC has not started processing cases for people that applied in June 2009 and onwards. And so I spent all this time thinking anyday now CHC will start processing cases for people who applied in June 2009, july August 2009 and so on. BUT NOW that I am seeing that a few people on this forum that applied in late 2009 are also getting thier PPR....I am super confused! ...NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE :-\

:'(

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Safum said:
Thank you for replying WES786. I am very eager to order them...maybe in a week or so I will.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see that most cases on this Forum are those that started in 2010.

I know about 10 cases here in Toronto. From which all (about 4) that applied before and up until April of 2009 have recieved thier PPR. So, for about a year I have been thinking that perhaps CHC has not started processing cases for people that applied in June 2009 and onwards. And so I spent all this time thinking anyday now CHC will start processing cases for people who applied in June 2009, july August 2009 and so on. BUT NOW that I am seeing that a few people on this forum that applied in late 2009 are also getting thier PPR....I am super confused! ...NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE :-\

:'(
Every case is handled differently my friend. You are right there are applicants who are still waiting for PPR that applied early/mid 2009 and some that applied late 2009 already have their VISA. It all depends on how complicated your case is and how convinced the immigration officer is who is handling your case. The more supporting documents the better. It is also a fact that male cases are taking longer than female cases. Also there is alot of security/background checks involved if the applicant has visited other countries meaning he/she would need to provide police certificates from each of those coutries. Most of "Nikah Only" and "Proxy Marriage" cases are getting objection letters that why there was no rukhsati and getting asked to send more supporting documents and proof of the relationship. So in the end it all depends on how complicated the case is and how many stages the file needs to go through.