Update...

Salam to All my dear friends...

By the Grace of Almighty ALLAH I reached canada on 24th july
Welcome brother happy life ahead now your self is in queue to find a Job :p

umme

Jun 6, 2011
muau said:
Hello guys

I got a question, I have a daughter who is 13 months... Will i need to purchase a ticket for her to fly PIA?
Yes, you've to purchase ticket for infant if age is less than 2 years. Price is nominal, about 10% of adult. If age is more than 2 year, then ticket for baby is about 75% of adult ticket.

A

alpha1980

umme said:
Yes, you've to purchase ticket for infant if age is less than 2 years. Price is nominal, about 10% of adult. If age is more than 2 year, then ticket for baby is about 75% of adult ticket.
Above 2 yrs of child its 67% . Less then 2 year is called infant ticket which they charge 8.5% of the regular ticket.

umme

Jun 6, 2011
My E-Cas status has changed to decision made. How much time it takes to receive passport back, after status changes to decision made. Thank you!

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
umme said:
My E-Cas status has changed to decision made. How much time it takes to receive passport back, after status changes to decision made. Thank you!
what is ur time line

thanks

umme

Jun 6, 2011
Khilafah5 said:
what is ur time line

thanks
Sent documents to CIC Mississauga: May 2010
Approval from CIC Mississauga: June 2010
AOR: Jul 2010
Re-Medical: June 2011
PPR: July 2011

No documents were requested.

Any idea, how much it takes from decision made to passport return?

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umme said:
Sent documents to CIC Mississauga: May 2010
Approval from CIC Mississauga: June 2010
AOR: Jul 2010
Re-Medical: June 2011
PPR: July 2011

No documents were requested.

Any idea, how much it takes from decision made to passport return?

Mashallah that is an ideal time line, do you mind if I ask you few questions

how long ago you got married before you applied for immigration
did you provide updated proof of relationship
did you live with your spouse before application
any child born after the application was filed coz I heard that delays the application further because now they have to do medical and all that for the child as well

just asking to know what ideally works for them

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mechnerd said:
Greetings fellas. So I requested a status update for the first time since we applied, and got a response saying file's in queue for initial review. Im sponsoring my wife and she's Aug 2010 AOR. Though almost a year into the process, it does seem from other members here that being in queue for initial review at this stage of the game is quite normal - or is it?

Here's the curve ball CIC threw at me. They changed our file number. So my question is, why would they do that, and what effect does it have on our application - any thoughts?
First time your file opens is after about 9 -12 months for initial review and based on the initial review, its takes on average anywhere from about 14-20+months so your case is going normal. Apparently the file number change happened to a few other applicants in the past and it was said that becusae of their system upgrade they had to move some files from older system to the newer system and that was the reason why file#s changed from Bxxxxx to either Exxxxx or Fxxxxx and a few other letters. Next for you is that they will ask you to provide rePCC since the older one is expired and to fill out IMM forms again for updated information since its been a year. Forms including IMM0008/background declaration, additional family, and supp form, so if you want you can start filling those and get the updated PCC and prepare to send them voluntarily to save some time if you want or wait until they request for it.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
zeeeee said:
I've another question.

I'm planning to apply for a new passport as my old one expires in around 7 months. Since our file has my maiden name on it, and so does my NIC (maiden name + husband's name instead of father's), should I go ahead and do the same for my passport? (ie: keep my original name with my husband's name being mentioned on my passport).

I'm pretty confused as CHC received my updated/ re-filled around 10 days back and I should be getting my Re-med soon Inshallah, plus I want to have my new passport issued before the re-med comes.

Advice, people??
Yep you can change your passport now and get your husband's name and that's another thing we did to make the process faster but apparently there was no point. You will have to get one with your husband's name on there so this is a good chance for you.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
umme said:
Within 2 weeks you should be getting your passport with VISA as well as all the documents you sent initially. Congrats!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mkhan63 said:
Thanks WES your encouraging words means alot ... i have spend all the weekend reading this forum and i feel for all of us who are waiting for their loved ones .. may Allah give us patient and solve all of our problem and good wishes in month of Ramadan.

It just make me hate the system when i see the other countries getting their applications done sooo quick.
:(
Thanks bro! Please pray that my wife receives her PPR then VISA soon. Its been too long already!

mechnerd

Jan 20, 2011
wes786 said:
First time your file opens is after about 9 -12 months for initial review and based on the initial review, its takes on average anywhere from about 14-20+months so your case is going normal. Apparently the file number change happened to a few other applicants in the past and it was said that becusae of their system upgrade they had to move some files from older system to the newer system and that was the reason why file#s changed from Bxxxxx to either Exxxxx or Fxxxxx and a few other letters. Next for you is that they will ask you to provide rePCC since the older one is expired and to fill out IMM forms again for updated information since its been a year. Forms including IMM0008/background declaration, additional family, and supp form, so if you want you can start filling those and get the updated PCC and prepare to send them voluntarily to save some time if you want or wait until they request for it.
We've all the forms updated and ready to go as soon as they're requested. I was thinking of sending it out voluntarily but decided to wait it out till requested...i might revisit that thought to change my mind.

Anyway, really appreciate the response dude, cheeers...KC

umme

Jun 6, 2011
became-a-loner said:
Mashallah that is an ideal time line, do you mind if I ask you few questions

how long ago you got married before you applied for immigration
did you provide updated proof of relationship
did you live with your spouse before application
any child born after the application was filed coz I heard that delays the application further because now they have to do medical and all that for the child as well

just asking to know what ideally works for them
Alhamdulillah! We lived together for more than a year in Saudi Arabia before my husband left for Cananda permanently. We downloaded forms from CIC website and started collecting proofs of our relationship long before we intended to leave Saudi Arabia e.g. copy of visa issued by Saudi Embassy, exit at Islamabad airport, entry at Jeddah airport, our Saudi medical insurance cards that were issued on the name of my husband, our medical treatment etc. provided by my husband's employer, birth certificate of our daughter, our exit visa from Saudi Arabia, exit stamp at Jeddah airport, entry at Islamabad, travel ticket within Pakistan; insurance coverge summary from Canadian employer where I'm 100% beneficiary. We got police character certificate from Jeddah police before leaving. Although immigrtion forms are simple but we spent a lot to time to fill and update them so that we may provide all information as complete as possible and don't miss anything. After immigration process started, we provided updated proof of relationship twice: call and messsage logs, and remittance that my husband made for us. Email communication was not much, so we didn't send that. Although my husbad has very good job and we sent job offer letter as well but I think that doens't matter in spouse case.
I invoke Allah the Most Beneficient that He make this process easier for all of us. Amin!

umme

Jun 6, 2011
wes786 said:
Within 2 weeks you should be getting your passport with VISA as well as all the documents you sent initially. Congrats!
Jazak'Allah. I hope to receive passport soon as I've booked flight already.

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umme said:
Alhamdulillah! We lived together for more than a year in Saudi Arabia before my husband left for Cananda permanently. We downloaded forms from CIC website and started collecting proofs of our relationship long before we intended to leave Saudi Arabia e.g. copy of visa issued by Saudi Embassy, exit at Islamabad airport, entry at Jeddah airport, our Saudi medical insurance cards that were issued on the name of my husband, our medical treatment etc. provided by my husband's employer, birth certificate of our daughter, our exit visa from Saudi Arabia, exit stamp at Jeddah airport, entry at Islamabad, travel ticket within Pakistan; insurance coverge summary from Canadian employer where I'm 100% beneficiary. We got police character certificate from Jeddah police before leaving. Although immigrtion forms are simple but we spent a lot to time to fill and update them so that we may provide all information as complete as possible and don't miss anything. After immigration process started, we provided updated proof of relationship twice: call and messsage logs, and remittance that my husband made for us. Email communication was not much, so we didn't send that. Although my husbad has very good job and we sent job offer letter as well but I think that doens't matter in spouse case.
I invoke Allah the Most Beneficient that He make this process easier for all of us. Amin!

Thanks for the detailed response, they could have had no reason to object in your case indeed ......... I wish I could have planned it this way ............. had I known what type of evil CHC has turned into since my friends here got their wives in 80 calendar days until 2008