+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC ISLAMABAD medicals done waiting for PPR.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
gosho said:
Dear Friends
AoA...I am really very sorry for replying so late.

Here is my experience

I took a flight of etihad Air ways from lahore which took me to abu dhabi and after waiting for 3 hrs i boarded to toronto flight.
reached toronto on 14th july 4:30 pm.

well there was a long passage to cover to reach the immigration. There they checked my passport and stamped the entry and then directed me to the new immigrants section here a young officer took my COPR and Passport asked me about the funds i am carrying and the address where they are gona send my PR card. after that he directed me to an other counter here they gave some booklets and a bag.

Now i went to collect my baggage after that to the customs here an officer checked goods to follow list stamped it and gave me back and said welcome to canada.

my friend was there at the terminal took me to his home next day he took me to see Niagara falls.It was an amazing experience. next day we went to down town. also saw jrad street (almost all desi stuff is available there) next day we went to see lake ontario.

on 19th july i took my flight to Vancouver BC. this is a very beautiful place. on 20th i got my sin number and now looking for job.

got some positive response from some employers. you people should bring your resumes in printed form cause everyone even at survival job they ask for resume.

sorry again you people can understand that i was using my time to look around canada.

best regards to you all
@gosho
Congrats! for smooth landing.. Hope you'd find suitable job soon. I've PM you few days back, kindly reply when you will free.

Regards

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
@Canada 1234
Would you know if updated PCC requests and Medical request received together or separately and are they received through email or TCS ?

rauf

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/5/2009
Doc's Request.
12/6/2009
AOR Received.
2/11/2009
File Transfer...
30/06/2010
Med's Request
22/12/2010
Med's Done....
05/01/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gosho said:
Dear Friends

Here is my experience

I took a flight of etihad Air ways from lahore which took me to abu dhabi and after waiting for 3 hrs i boarded to toronto flight.

well there was a long passage to cover to reach the immigration. There they checked my passport and stamped the entry and then directed me to the new immigrants section here a young officer took my COPR and Passport asked me about the funds i am carrying and the address where they are gona send my PR card. after that he directed me to an other counter here they gave some booklets and a bag.

Now i went to collect my baggage after that to the customs here an officer checked goods to follow list stamped it and gave me back and said welcome to canada.

my friend was there at the terminal took me to his home next day he took me to see Niagara falls.It was an amazing experience. next day we went to down town. also saw jrad street (almost all desi stuff is available there) next day we went to see lake ontario.

on 19th july i took my flight to Vancouver BC. this is a very beautiful place. on 20th i got my sin number and now looking for job.

got some positive response from some employers. you people should bring your resumes in printed form cause everyone even at survival job they ask for resume.

sorry again you people can understand that i was using my time to look around canada.

best regards to you all

Congrats Gosho. Please keep updating, if you find time to do so. Best of luck

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
many of us were waiting for ur landing experience we are still waiting to hear more from u, please tell us r u finding job on ur own or some one is helping u in searching for a job.
gosho said:
Dear Friends

Here is my experience

best regards to you all

gosho

Feb 6, 2010
vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarrukhToronto said:
Congratulation.
Very interesting & full of exiting joirney. we can expect from U aboutur exp, the job market situation in Vancouver so friends who r coming/willing to Vancouver should get idea. We wish u for getting good & quick job.
My few questions are if a person who dont hav any relative or friend in Vancouver but willing to land in Vancouver pls suggest & guide ur valuable experience/Thoughts.
1-One Bed room rent
2-Job situation especially in banking/admin/management
3-People said Vancouver is too much expensive, is it fine? I m residing in Karachi, vancouver is more expensive? Newcommer can survive or not??
I know u r busy in job hunting & for other routine matters. whenever u free pls share ur experience.
Good Luck & Best wishes
Farrukh
Well dear for a 1 bed room basement rent is like 500-600$ / Month

survival jobs are there one have to look around even when i was in toronto i got a job offer. I just went to store and asked for the job. you know i was surprised that manger took my interview right away and next morning i got his call to come and join.

yes vancouver is little expensive then toronto but the weather and beauty there is no match.

gosho

Feb 6, 2010
vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
@ gosho
Congrats! for smooth landing.. Hope you'd find suitable job soon. I've PM you few days back, kindly reply when you will free.

Regards
Dear plz PM me again i think i lost your last PM

gosho

Feb 6, 2010
vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:
many of us were waiting for ur landing experience we are still waiting to hear more from u, please tell us r u finding job on ur own or some one is helping u in searching for a job.
Abid Bhai
how r u? sir i am just having chill right now looking around and admiring the natural beauty,
for job i have some contacts here lets see what they will do but one have to search by himself.
rgds

gosho

Feb 6, 2010
vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tariq.shaikh said:
How is your travelling experiance with etihad airline...... how is seats, how is meals....
Dear Sheikh Sb.
It was ok food serving was good.they gave 3 full meals and 2-3 times snacks etc

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
ss1886 said:
@ Canada 1234
Would you know if updated PCC requests and Medical request received together or separately and are they received through email or TCS ?
@ ss1886
Sometime cic asks updated PCC request at the time of doc update and sometime at time of MR. you would receive MR through TCS and also informed through email.

stanzeel

May 20, 2010
Dear friends

Inshallah i am going to leave for canada in the month of August. I am planning to fly from QATAR airways my destination in Canada is Calgary. The flight schedule is

1- karachi to Doha
2- Doha to Montreal
3- Montreal to Calgary

My Question is where i have to full fill the requirement of my Immigration in MONTREAL airport or my final destination Calgary airport.

In Montreal Airport i have to meet immigration officer or just wait for my FLIGHT.

waiting for replies

stanzeel

Ranaabdulsami

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.02.2010 Re-medical 10.03.2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
stanzeel said:
Dear friends

Inshallah i am going to leave for canada in the month of August. I am planning to fly from QATAR airways my destination in Canada is Calgary. The flight schedule is

1- karachi to Doha
2- Doha to Montreal
3- Montreal to Calgary

My Question is where i have to full fill the requirement of my Immigration in MONTREAL airport or my final destination Calgary airport.

In Montreal Airport i have to meet immigration officer or just wait for my FLIGHT.

waiting for replies

stanzeel

Dear stanzeel!

i have missed this route becuase we can not complete our record of landing at Montreal airport. I think it can be complicated to first land at Montreal airport. Please try to take some official information in this regard.

Ranaabdulsami

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gosho said:
Well dear for a 1 bed room basement rent is like 500-600$ / Month

survival jobs are there one have to look around even when i was in toronto i got a job offer. I just went to store and asked for the job. you know i was surprised that manger took my interview right away and next morning i got his call to come and join.

yes vancouver is little expensive then toronto but the weather and beauty there is no match.
Welcome back gosho sahib after a long long break.

Ranaabdulsami

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Gift of blood ends Pakistani town’s bloody history

Published On Sat Jul 30 2011 (in Toronto star)

By Rick Westhead
South Asia Bureau

BASTI MAHRAN, PAKISTAN—A single act of kindness, profound because it was so rare and unexpected, transformed this sun-bleached village in a remote corner of the Punjab.

A Hindu man gave his blood to save the life of a Muslim woman who had lost too much in childbirth.

In the seven years since, the 1,600 Muslims and 1,400 Hindus in this town live in peaceful co-existence, extraordinary because sectarian violence has marked the histories of Pakistan and India since the bloody partition of 1947.

“I was afraid, for sure. But it was the right thing to do,” says Bachu Ram, the blood donor. He is smoking a cigarette in the home of a Muslim village elder, who once was so steeped in hatred that he led the charge on the clinic to take Ram’s life.

Hatred and violence once defined life in Basti Mahran. Muslim men routinely raped Hindu girls — “we would have 20 cases a year,” says one local. Muslim men beat Hindus with sticks and fists, seemingly with tacit approval of the local police. Cattle belonging to Hindu families were slaughtered if they strayed too close to Muslim homes.

Mahar Abdul Latif, the host who now pours Ram tea, spent three years during the late 1990s as a member of the extremist religious group Jaish-e-Mohammad. He patrolled the rugged mountain passes and valleys of Kashmir, a region claimed both by India and Pakistan, killing Hindus when they crossed his path.

“I have done much I am ashamed of,” says Latif, a 37-year-old father of three. “But we are friends now. Our kids are friends, too. They study and play together.”

Latif and other local Muslims gave their time and money last year to refurbish a temple dedicated to the Hindu god Hanuman. Muslims visit the temple when their neighbours celebrate Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. Hindus respond in kind, joining in Muslim holiday celebrations.

This village’s transformation seems to have happened in a moment.

The medical clinic was only open for a three-day health-care blitz when the young mother arrived suffering from severe blood loss and needing an infusion of O-negative blood. The doctors couldn’t find a donor.

Ram made his offer. As word spread among the village’s Muslims, Latif led the charge on the clinic. It had always incensed him that the doctors rejected his demand for two separate camps, partitioned facilities so that instruments used on Hindus could not be used on Muslims.

Outside the clinic, a doctor intercepted Latif and told him the only chance the woman had was Ram.

“I don’t know what came over me,” Latif says. “I remember thinking that here we were refusing to even shake hands with the Hindus and he was willing to give us his blood. It was a marvelous thing he did. It was the turning point of my life.”

The next day, Latif went to say thank you. It’s said to be the first time a Muslim had ever gone to a Hindu’s home.

Word of Ram’s charity and Latif’s remorse spread through Basti Mahran.

Muslim and Hindu women began talking to each other. Rapes virtually disappeared. Eventually, a single tin-roofed cowshed was built to house all of the village’s 3,000 cows, sheltering them from the scorching desert sun.

“That was a big deal,” Ram says. “Before, you would not see the cows near each other at all. A Muslim would not have touched the milk from a cow owned by Hindus.”

Standing in Basti Mahran’s round, thatch-roofed Hindu temple, 65-year-old Sobha Ram says he can’t believe the changes in the village.

“For years, we lived in fear of the Muslims but not now,” he says, cleaning photos of Hindu gurus and adjusting strings of paper flowers and glitter paper.

The odds seemed against peace in this village.

In 1947, the year of partition, Hindus made up 15 per cent of Pakistan’s population. But soon many migrated to India, seeking a better, safer life. The same happened with Muslims who lived in India and moved west.

Political leaders seemed ready to highlight the differences between the cultures, rather than their many similarities.

“The Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literature,” said Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Pakistan’s founding father. “They neither intermarry, nor interdine together, and indeed they belong to two different civilizations.”

Today, just 2 per cent of Pakistan’s 170 million residents are Hindu.

Yet the Hindus in Basti Mahran didn’t seek refuge elsewhere.

“We were born here and we don’t know anyone in India. Even though we are Hindu, we are still Pakistani,” says Sobha Ram. “The few people who did want to go couldn’t afford it.”

The changes have had a direct impact on the quality of life, and have helped earn better incomes.

Hindu and Muslim women are working together to sell cotton to wholesaling middlemen, earning 200 rupees ($2.50) for a 40-kilogram bag of cotton, four times what they earned when they sold their cotton separately.

“You even see women travelling together unaccompanied by men to places like Lahore and Islamabad,” says Razia Malik, an aid worker who has spent time in Basti Mahran.

Communal harmony aside, it’s still a difficult life here.

Each morning, women set out in stifling 40-degree heat on a four kilometre-walk to collect the day’s drinking water. Cows have to be shepherded eight kilometres daily to their water supply.

Most don’t have enough money for feed for their cows, which graze on the Spartan green bushes that dot the desert plains.

Now that they aren’t fighting each other, Basti Mahran’s Muslim and Hindus are working to demand a new road through the village and they have asked the state government to extend water pipes here. Last year, they successfully lobbied for power lines that provide electricity for at least 12 hours a day.

“We’ve been so wrong about the Hindus,” Latif says, watching his 7-year-old son Osama play alongside Ram’s 11-year-old boy Sindhal Ram. “The biggest surprise has been that they are just like us. They want to live their lives the same way we do.”

stanzeel

May 20, 2010
Dear friends

1- karachi to Doha
2- Doha to Montreal
3- Montreal to Calgary

waiting for replies

stanzeel