+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC ISLAMABAD medicals done waiting for PPR.

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:
By the Grace of Allah today we have received our passports with visa stamped thank so much to all of u
Congrtas Abidcro.
May u have a great life in Canada.
May Allah Help us all

wq

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
abidcro said:
By the Grace of Allah today we have received our passports with visa stamped thank so much to all of u
Dear,
very happy news from u, may allah bless u with success and hapiness in your future life....
congratulations and a very friendly co-ordination in this forum, try to be live on this forum we will meet in canada inshallah.

pray for me,drmunir and others who waiting for ppr.......

regds
wq.

drmunir

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wq said:
Dear,
very happy news from u, may allah bless u with success and hapiness in your future life....
congratulations and a very friendly co-ordination in this forum, try to be live on this forum we will meet in canada inshallah.

pray for me,drmunir and others who waiting for ppr.......

regds
wq.
wq any chc e-mail enquiry ? any reply 4m chc ?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
By the Grace of Almighty ALLAH, I have Received my PPR Step-2 Letter from Canadian High Commission London.
8)

drmunir

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S.K said:
By the Grace of Almighty ALLAH, I have Received my PPR Step-2 Letter from Canadian High Commission London.
8)
Congratulations.....pray 4 me.....

FarrukhToronto

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Pak to London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2004
File Transfer...
20-08-2010
Med's Request
28-03-2011
S.K said:
8)
Congratulations ,

Pls share ur complete time line when Medical date? PPR 1?
I m waiting for the last 4 months for PPR 1 pls pray for me.

Farrukh

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarrukhToronto said:
Congratulations ,

Pls share ur complete time line when Medical date? PPR 1?
I m waiting for the last 4 months for PPR 1 pls pray for me.

Farrukh
Insha Allah we will get PPR soon.

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
yes rana its good idea to take basement if you have no relative to stay for sometime, but rememebr , job searching take sometime minimum 1 to 2 months, depend on your findings, so take some 4 with you for initial expenses.

becuase 800$ is rent, then electricity and internet etc you have to pay. so it would around 1000$ i guess so
Ranaabdulsami said:
Dear Members!

I am surprised where is Gosho sahib. He is pioneer of this forum. He may share his experiences about new life at Canada. Can anybody tell me may we bring laptop computer from Pakistan or we may purchase it from Canada. I am planning to book in advance a basement apartment of two beds having 800 $ rent. Is it good idea. Pl. share if anybody has some experience in this regard.

courtly21

Jun 5, 2011
Dear All congrats for getting visa.

I am now deciding to move to Saskatchewan Province, Saskatoon city because there are job opportunities and also free sponsorship to your relatives while living in Saskatchewan. Please also share your plan to move Canada. Toronto is now full of people and hardly there are jobs for new comers.

As per my knowledge, in Canada there are odd jobs for new comers and only way to get any reasonable job is to first study there. They do not accept our education and work experience, majority of the people are doing odd jobs but they are satisfied and maintaining good life style.

Pleas comment regarding moving to Canada.....

FarrukhToronto

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Pak to London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2004
File Transfer...
20-08-2010
Med's Request
28-03-2011
courtly21 said:
Dear All congrats for getting visa.

I am now deciding to move to Saskatchewan Province, Saskatoon city because there are job opportunities and also free sponsorship to your relatives while living in Saskatchewan. Please also share your plan to move Canada. Toronto is now full of people and hardly there are jobs for new comers.
As per my knowledge, in Canada there are odd jobs for new comers and only way to get any reasonable job is to first study there. They do not accept our education and work experience, majority of the people are doing odd jobs but they are satisfied and maintaining good life style.
Pleas comment regarding moving to Canada.....
Its brave Decision Dear,
Positive Aspect: u can sponser ur relatives just after one year, less compition in jobs & education. Strong networking as small village of Canada.Less price of Houses purchase/Rent. More job opportunities than all canada no dout.
Negative Aspect: Except 03 months too much hard weather, Cant enjoy the facilities as hav in Toronto,Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton.
Its all up to ur circumstances/mindset. I m going from karachi to Toronto, for job searching its time taking and its ur luck & depending on ur right direction in right time. Good Luck, Farrukh

tariq.shaikh

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
March 2009
IELTS Request
Aug 2009
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
12 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan 2010 Remedical 9.3.11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Our forum member shaikh.sahib reached toronto on 16.07.2011, his landing experiances.

Turkish airlines flight was booked on july 16, 2011 (at 1:30 am) from khi to istanbul and from istanbul to toronto. total fare Rs. 2,47,000/= one way for three adult and one child.
All the process at khi airport went smoothly.flight service was very cheap, seats were very narrow, no screen on every seats. Landed Istanbul weather was just like khi weather(35c) went to transit queue (very crowded) but there was separate line for toronto and USA transit passangers. We went to that line there immigration officer interview at least for 13 mins, he ask many many questions like profession, when applied, whats plan to do in canada, where to stay etc etc. after that he called his senior and he again ask few questions and then stamped our passports and we went to waiting lounge .
waiting period was 5 hrs 45 min but flight for toronto was delayed and we waited for 7 hrs then boarded in another turkish airlines flight for toronto. This flight and service were much better and every seats have separate screen. Landed toronto after 10 hrs journey.

At Toronto airport first we went to wash room and get fresh. then go to lounge on ramp so u dont have to worry about walk for long.
There at counter passports were shown and officer ask ru new immigrant and he ask for landing papers. he didnt do any thing just directed to go an other officer.
There was a beautiful young pink color lady (there was many counters but i choose to go that beautiful lady) she ask for passports and landing papers, she filled landing papers and ask for address in toronto (for to dispatch PR card every one should provide this address although it is not mandatory to provide address on the spot u can apply for PR card after that) then she ask to sign landing papers. She not asked for photographs for PR cards then i ask do you need photographs for PR cards she reply the photo paste on ur landing paper will be use for PR cards no need of any other photographs.
She cancelled our visa with red marker (because it is one time entry visa after that u have to travel on our PR card) and ask for funds i told i have sufficient fundds but she insist to check and she checked.
After that we went to welcome to canada counter the guy gave me a lot of booklets and a nice black&red bag, i asked for an extra bag but he told me one bag for one family.

Then we went to luggage portion (here i suddenly met with Hasan Mubeen Qureshi ex.Manager O.M who came to toronto with his family from Qatar) we have eight bags and all the bags were kept at a side a little away from ramp (because we were late due to our immigration formalities so the attendant kept our bags away from ramp and in safe location). Porters were there they asked 20 dollars for all the bags plus commission (tip) because 20 dollars are official fees and their commission (its depend on you how much u want to give him but must have to give him) are separate.

So we decide to take our luggage our self without help of any porter. We put 2 dollars to machine and one trolley came out, but we need two trolleys so again put 2 dollars and trolley came out. (try to bring some canadian coins with you).

After that we encounter with a custom officer who asked for any goods to follow and check our passports and disembarking card which we get in plane.

After that came out from the terminal and unloaded the trolleys. If u left the trolley where u want u can left but if u keep the trolley at proper location (trolley stand) u will get 25 cent back. So we put trolleys in the stand and get 50 cents back for two trolleys.
Weather of toronto was a bit hot ( 27 c) my friend rafiq ahmed came to pick me. he booked completely furnished apartment (with internet and telephone) of one bed at the rate of 850 dollars per month location is 47-Thorncliffe Park drive east york toronto. After getting fresh we went to rafiq apartment for dinner and remain their till 10:00.

Here days r very lengthy fajar prayer time is 4:15 Maghrab praryer timing is 9:00 pm and isha prayer timing is 11:00. too lengthy days. iam afraid how i remain in fasting in coming ramzan in such a long days.

Next day was sunday (july 17) today offices are closed but Trust Canada bank remains open in sunday for four hours (12:00 to 16:00) so we went there and open account. Deposit our DD and they ask will be cashed in ten working days. get debt card. from there we went to Iqbal Halal foods for purchasing some grocessories. Purchase grocessories for ten days for 68 dollars (grocessory is cheap).

After taking lunch we purchase TTC day pass at 10 dollars (one ticket is for four persons two adult and two children so one pass was enough for our family) this pass is valid for TTC buses, Metro, Subways. We take bus No. 81 then subway and reached Down town (Eaton shopping centre) toronto. remain their for three hours then again have a TTC bus and visit whole china town and surroundings. Came back at 10:00 very tired but happy to see famous/ major portion of toronto in ten dollars.

On monday my friend was busy so i could not go for SIN card. So i went to TNO (Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office) a government office for new comers where we use free internet, photocopies, printout etc. then we went to employment office for resume and other matters. From there we went to public library for kids membership. They ask for landing papers and issued membership card. Library is very very nice, internet is also free over there, movies are requlary watching, and many many other activities are there.

On tuesday went service canada office for SIN they asked for landing papers and issued SIN on the spot and iformed SIN will be mailed within ten working days. Then came again to Bank and ask for credit card. Bank required SIN so i gave them and they process my credit card and told me i will get it with in one week. Canada trust bank charge nothing not even a single penny for opening account, issuing debit card and credit card. No surety they asked for, they issued me two credit cards (one for me and one for my wife) limit is of 500 dollars.

Today i again came to TNO and asked for Child Tax Benefit. The lady get printed of all the forms filled it and by tomorrow i will dispatch it.
today on thursday sent child tax benefit form that includes application form, a form containing my bank details as the amount deposit directly to the account (the bank account must be either joint account with wife or wife has separate account) because they send money direct to account of kids mother, a form of reimbursement of HST/GST that amount also deposit direct to account (how much amount it varies and when it also varies some time they send HST/GST amount once in a year some time twice in a year but the child benefit is the only benefit we receive regularly on monthly basis most probably 20th of every month). For all these form i went to Canada Post booth in a shopping mall (near to my residence) they ask 11 dollars for registered post (delivered in 2 days) and 1.25 dollars for regular post (delivered in 8 days), i opt for regular post as i have no hurry. then go again TNO for free use of computer, printing, photo copies and fax as well all these are free of cost.

Today went to employment office (government sponsered) have an appointment with employment manager Mr. Aamir Khawaja (a pakistani from rawalpindi) discussed with future action of plan.

There is no jobs even survival jobs its very problem. life is fine kids r enjoying a lot.

toronto2011

May 22, 2011
Ranaabdulsami said:
Dear Members!

I am surprised where is Gosho sahib. He is pioneer of this forum. He may share his experiences about new life at Canada. Can anybody tell me may we bring laptop computer from Pakistan or we may purchase it from Canada. I am planning to book in advance a basement apartment of two beds having 800 $ rent. Is it good idea. Pl. share if anybody has some experience in this regard.
dear rana,

i have reached canada, i will recommend you that never book apartment/accommodation before landing because there are many things as new comer which you have to keep in mind before renting the accommodation like proximity of amenities like market, public transport and many other things. if you any friend or relative who can accommodate for 7 to 10 days it will be the best. come here and search and you will make a reasonable deal by yourself. basement should be the last option, it's not recommended because ventilation and noise of upper tenets is the main problem and if basement is of a house then it will be horrible in winter when you have to remove snow by yourself, however, in apartments it's not the case, building manager has to look all the things. i don't know what will be the size of your family but you can get a reason 2 bedroom apartment in 800-850 dollars on ground or upper floor. here convention is opposite as you up rent also go up ;) i mean rent increases with the level. high level pays more because here people prefer upper floors due to ventilation and light. laptop is your own choice you can buy it from any where, however, laptop are cheaper in pakistan. if you don't have plan to buy a car immediately then do rent the accommodation near train station or transit centre.

DON'T COME WITHOUT INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE. LIFE IS HORRIBLE IF DON'T HAVE A CAR.

feel free to ask any question if you in your mind.

toronto2011

May 22, 2011
FarrukhToronto said:
Its brave Decision Dear,
Positive Aspect: u can sponser ur relatives just after one year, less compition in jobs & education. Strong networking as small village of Canada.Less price of Houses purchase/Rent. More job opportunities than all canada no dout.
Negative Aspect: Except 03 months too much hard weather, Cant enjoy the facilities as hav in Toronto,Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton.
Its all up to ur circumstances/mindset. I m going from karachi to Toronto, for job searching its time taking and its ur luck & depending on ur right direction in right time. Good Luck, Farrukh

Dears,

By the grace of All Mighty ALLAH, I have reached Canada. My landing experience wasn't good because I chose bad airline-Pakistan International Airline. After first serving of meal eight hours gap for the second one. Crew was not friendly. They were treating “ k jaise unnho ne ehsan kia hai hum pe aur hum free le ja rahay hain aur pani tak nahi poochhtay. They even don't have connections with other airlines for those passengers whose destination is not Toronto. SO HERE IS A ADVICE FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE NOT STAYING IN TORONTO THAT DON'T GET PIA BECAUSE YOU HAVE TAKE YOUR LUGGAGE YOURSELF TO THE NEXT TERMINAL OR HAVE TO PAY TO PORTER. Because after landing you will be taken as domestic passenger and ONLY one bag is allowed in domestic flights in Canada. You have to pay for the rest of the luggage. There is no need to fill forms mentioned on Canadavisa except b4 and b4a.

kazkaz

Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
hello, i am in Toronto and came on 3rd june ,but still having no job , i dont know what to do even the survival job are not in, th inking to move another place but dont know where ,anbody please guide