+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chango of Program. Please advise

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Guys, I still don't understand if I am allowed to change my major once I am in Canada? I've got into 2-year diploma program, but want to change to completely diffierent field of study. Will that affect my study permit? The only official info I could find is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15ut

But it's vary vague written there

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can change your program. Get admission in both programs. Switch it when you are in Canada

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
godizgreat said:
You can change to any course and college .. they dont affect ur pr chances!!
Does it affect the study permit? If I change a program after the first semester of my original one, can I then extend my study permit to finish the second program? Will there be any problems with extending permit?

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what i am saying try to get admission in both programs. Why waste money completing 1st semester and then leaving it. Keep that money for living expenses.
Yes You can easily extend your study permit :)

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
fahad123 said:
That's what i am saying try to get admission in both programs. Why waste money completing 1st semester and then leaving it. Keep that money for living expenses.
Yes You can easily extend your study permit :)
Well, yeah, I understand this. But I would like to pay upfront for the education (before applying for the study permit)
So I would have to chose only one program, which I would eventually change (please don't ask why)
That's why I was asking if I can change it once I am in Canada.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again get admission in both and once you get to Canada you will easily refund fee in 1st week.
Dude i have made the same mistake thats why i am telling you this. The thing is once you get here you will be too busy in settling yourself down here and then going through another admission process will cost you more money, time and tention. If you are switching your program within in the same institute then no problem but if you will be moving to another institute then do what i am saying.
However its up to you. Yes you can change it once you are here. No worries :)

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
fahad123 said:
Again get admission in both and once you get to Canada you will easily refund fee in 1st week.
Dude i have made the same mistake thats why i am telling you this. The thing is once you get here you will be too busy in settling yourself down here and then going through another admission process will cost you more money, time and tention. If you are switching your program within in the same institute then no problem but if you will be moving to another institute then do what i am saying.
However its up to you. Yes you can change it once you are here. No worries :)
But if I get admission I would have to choose only one. I think they give you a limited amount of time to choose one program out of two, don't they?

karan mehra

Sep 11, 2014
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friday.h said:
Feel free to change your program. Study permit extension, if applied from within Canada, are rarely rejected. Make sure you inform CIC about the new DLI (this is applicable only if your are switching institutions).

Good Luck!
hlo..can i change my diploma course from 3 years to 2 years diploma??....can u tell me the process and will college adjust my fee?