Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Hello guys,

So the situation is, my spouse and I had our work permits until Oct 12, 2022. Since I was eligible for 18 month WP extension due to recent policy, I decided to wait for IRCC to send it automatically. My spouse has submitted a WP extension on Sept 11, 2022 (1 month before expiration), so that by the time I receive mine, I could upload it to his app and he does not loose the status. When my expiration day was approaching I decided to submit a WP application online on Oct 11, 2022 just in case.

Now it is Jan 18, 2023, and it is clear that I am not getting an automatic extension, but have my online application being processed in normal times, that is 1 month after my spouse's. However, he cannot get an approval if I do not have a valid WP.

So here is our question:

If cic does an EE draw on Wednesday, Jan 25, and we apply, can my spouse notify IRCC and change the type of his application to BOWP? Assuming we can submit all the docs for it via webform.
If not, shall he/us together apply for BOWP and cancel current one?

We are on implied status at the moment and cannot have a refusal, so need at least one WP application approved.

spouse: applied Sept 11, 2022
me: applied Oct 11, 2022

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys,

So the situation is, my spouse and I had our work permits until Oct 12, 2022. Since I was eligible for 18 month WP extension due to recent policy, I decided to wait for IRCC to send it automatically. My spouse has submitted a WP extension on Sept 11, 2022 (1 month before expiration), so that by the time I receive mine, I could upload it to his app and he does not loose the status. When my expiration day was approaching I decided to submit a WP application online on Oct 11, 2022 just in case.

Now it is Jan 18, 2023, and it is clear that I am not getting an automatic extension, but have my online application being processed in normal times, that is 1 month after my spouse's. However, he cannot get an approval if I do not have a valid WP.

So here is our question:

If cic does an EE draw on Wednesday, Jan 25, and we apply, can my spouse notify IRCC and change the type of his application to BOWP? Assuming we can submit all the docs for it via webform.

We are on implied status at the moment and cannot have a refusal, so need at least one WP application approved.

Thanks
An ITA doesn’t allow you to apply for a BOWP. You need AOR to be able to apply for BOWP, and then wait for approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

So here is our question:

Thanks
Was your husband’s WP extension based on your extension? If so, if you haven’t got an extension his application could be refused. Because he applied before your application chances of refusal are likely higher. You both should have applied at the same time.

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Was your husband’s WP extension based on your extension? If so, if you haven’t got an extension his application could be refused. Because he applied before your application chances of refusal are likely higher. You both should have applied at the same time.
Yes he applied 1 month before I did because of that policy where IRCC promised to send my auto-renewed wp automatically if I waited. Now if we apply for EE, I wonder if we should apply for BOWP again but as 1 application for him to still maintain status. Or hope they will approve his app as BOWP if he submits proof of AOR.