+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing the address for the third time.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
The issue is how well informed the opinion is.

The issue is freaking oneself and others out without justification. There is a lot of misinformation about CIC processes because of how secretive the agency is. Let's not add to the misinformation and anxiety for ourselves and others.

I have found zero indication that "moving too much" within Canada before or after applying for citizenship is an RQ or delay trigger. And I have looked through many thousands of anecdotal reports, CIC documents and ATIP results. Have you looked?

Such proof (or even indication) does not exist. If you have such proof to back up your feelings, please let us know.

The only problem it can cause is if CIC mistakenly or purposefully sends important mail to old addresses. This happens rarely. Much more common is CIC sending important mail to an old address that was never updated and the applicant missing it, and the test/oath/RQ deadline, because their ex-roommate didn't check the mail very often.

The difference between those scenarios is that CIC is at fault in one and the applicant is at fault in the other. When the applicant is at fault for missing an important notice, the CIC is far less understanding.

As applicants we need to minimize the mistakes we make. We cannot control any possible errors that CIC might make.
Yeah and who you are to judge how well me of others are informed.

When the CIC employee analyse your application, there are objective and subjective issues. One of the subjective issue is the stability in your life and moving constantly show the opposite, instability. I'm not saying it will make your application to be refused but it's evident that living in one place during 4 years makes a better background that living in 6 different places and make it more difficult and SLOWER your process as they have to check it up every information you have. All there are fact's of common sense, not opinions.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
For Pr application in background declaration form the address history section I lived many places with friends relatives sublets contracts will cic check the address you mention during last 10 yrs.will they personally go visit . Or it’s for police verification that they start to go deep if they find your name in a criminal record

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
For Pr application in background declaration form the address history section I lived many places with friends relatives sublets contracts will cic check the address you mention during last 10 yrs.will they personally go visit . Or it’s for police verification that they start to go deep if they find your name in a criminal record

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
They use your addresses for the purpose of background check (RCMP, Security, etc) but they won’t physically visit each address you had lived in.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
So if there is criminal record in a persons name then they would verify if it’s same person name and address where crime happened. Thanks for info.