+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Status from Worker (IEC) to Visitor for Sponsorship

Mogs2018

Apr 9, 2018
I am currently in the process of changing my status from Worker on the IEC to a Visitor. I am originally from the UK so I am visa-exempt in that regard.

My Canadian common-law partner and I are currently preparing our documentation/application so he can sponsor me for PR.

In the Letter of Explanation to change my current status, should I clarify that the purpose of me changing my status to a visitor is that so in the next coming months my partner and I can submit the sponsorship application? I have asked for 6 months as a visitor. Is there any additional evidence I should provide with the Letter of Explanation?

Any advise is appreciated. Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am currently in the process of changing my status from Worker on the IEC to a Visitor. I am originally from the UK so I am visa-exempt in that regard.

My Canadian common-law partner and I are currently preparing our documentation/application so he can sponsor me for PR.

In the Letter of Explanation to change my current status, should I clarify that the purpose of me changing my status to a visitor is that so in the next coming months my partner and I can submit the sponsorship application? I have asked for 6 months as a visitor. Is there any additional evidence I should provide with the Letter of Explanation?

Any advise is appreciated. Thank you.
Yes, state that you are applying for sponsorship and include the PR fee receipt. Include proof of funds. If you are applying outland, ask for one year.

Mogs2018

Apr 9, 2018
Yes, state that you are applying for sponsorship and include the PR fee receipt. Include proof of funds. If you are applying outland, ask for one year.
We haven't sent off our application yet as we are still preparing the documentation. Should we pay the PR fee now, so I can attach the receipt to the LOE, or should we just state that in the next couple of months we will be submitting the sponsorship application? We will be submitting an inland application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We haven't sent off our application yet as we are still preparing the documentation. Should we pay the PR fee now, so I can attach the receipt to the LOE, or should we just state that in the next couple of months we will be submitting the sponsorship application? We will be submitting an inland application.
Pay the PR fees now and include the receipt.