+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing status from visitor to live in caregiver

chusana

Jan 20, 2010
Hi everyone, I want to ask if someone in this forum had tried this kind of situation. I came here as a tourist and I found an employer, he applied for my LMO and it was approved already. Is it possible if I can do my exit in Montana Bourder since I am a little bit confuse, some say that it should be in Seattle the fact that I am here in albeta and the nearest bourder to exit is in Montana.

Thank you!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:
Hi everyone, I want to ask if someone in this forum had tried this kind of situation. I came here as a tourist and I found an employer, he applied for my LMO and it was approved already. Is it possible if I can do my exit in Montana Bourder since I am a little bit confuse, some say that it should be in Seattle the fact that I am here in albeta and the nearest bourder to exit is in Montana.

Thank you!
You should apply for your work permit at a Canadian visa office outside Canada to be in the Live in Caregiver Program. If there is a Canadian visa office in Montana then apply there (didn't see one though).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op14-eng.pdf

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:

Thank you!
Hi,

Were you able to pick up your work permit?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:

Thank you!
Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. Anyway all the best. Please keep us posted. :)

Joy Naag

Feb 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cancelled work permit and Live with husband in USA

chusana said:
Hi everyone, I came to Toronto on March 18, 2008 and worked till July 31, 2009. I resigned coz my husband wants me to join him in the USA but He's on a work visa here which I'm not sure how long we would be here. But definitely we would like to return and settle in Canada when his US work visa expires. When I resigned from work my employer cancelled my work permit. After we left Canada on August 1, 2009 we were able to visit Canada at last 3 or 4 times, me on a multiple visa entry and my husband is a local canadian doesnt need one. Is it possible for me to apply again for work permit since my last one was cancelled because of my resignation? By the way we just got married last year so my status in Canada is still a visitor. I just miss my life in Toronto that's why want to go back there for work. I miss my friends too! Anyone who can give me answer I Thank you from the bottom of my heart! And Happy Valentine's month!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: Cancelled work permit and Live with husband in USA

Joy Naag said:
Hi everyone, I came to Toronto on March 18, 2008 and worked till July 31, 2009. I resigned coz my husband wants me to join him in the USA but He's on a work visa here which I'm not sure how long we would be here. But definitely we would like to return and settle in Canada when his US work visa expires. When I resigned from work my employer cancelled my work permit. After we left Canada on August 1, 2009 we were able to visit Canada at last 3 or 4 times, me on a multiple visa entry and my husband is a local canadian doesnt need one. Is it possible for me to apply again for work permit since my last one was cancelled because of my resignation? By the way we just got married last year so my status in Canada is still a visitor. I just miss my life in Toronto that's why want to go back there for work. I miss my friends too! Anyone who can give me answer I Thank you from the bottom of my heart! And Happy Valentine's month!
You can look for a new employer and have him/her apply for a new LMO and then submit your work permit application.