+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing status from Student to worker

ccna85

Apr 25, 2011
Hi, I have a great confusion regarding changing my status in Canada. I am on students visa right now which expires on 30th April 2011, and I have applied for Post graduation Work Permit. and my CAQ is also expiring this April. I intend to get my visa in India. But I do not wat kind of visa shud I apply for and how many days will it take to get it? All the websites give me information abt how to apply for the work permit but no one says anything about the visa. Can somebody help me with this?

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read your post, wanted to answer but couldnt because you dont event know what you want to change your status to.
e.g From what to what?

rayhan0701

Apr 13, 2011
according to the canadian immigration website you should get one year PGWP. But for the visa renew or extand you should contact the immigration office by phone. Another simple way to know about this info is to contact your college/uni "Career Center"/"international center". Every uni/college has this kind of section and they help student to overcome the kind problem you are facing. Best of luck.

Goldik

Jan 19, 2013
Please, how can one change his/her status in Canada from a being a student to a worker?
I really need to know.
Thanks
Gold