+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing spouse from unaccompanied to accompanied after OINP and ITA

seanyover9000

Aug 5, 2023
Hey guys,

I need some expert advice on my situation.

Context:
I received an ITA on December 6 2023 (general draw with a cutoff score of 470). My CRS score is 1054. I have not submitted the eAPR yet. I had received a Nomination from Ontario in October.

In my EE profile I had mentioned that my wife will not accompany me to Canada (This was before the OINP nomination and it was to have a higher CRS). After I received an NOI from Ontario, I filed the application and in the OINP application I also mentioned that my wife will not accompany me. So in both EE profile and OINP application I mentioned that I am married but my wife will not accompany me.

Now that I have received the ITA at a CRS of 1054. I am thinking of changing my wife from unaccompanied to accompanied. I have done some research and found that changing the spouse to accompanied will result in my points be recalculated and the recalculated points need to be above the cut off score of the round in which I got an ITA.

So,
6th December draw cut off score: 470
My CRS without wife: 1054
My CRS with wife: 1029 (According to CRS calculator) (I will not claim any points from wife (No IELTS, No Education, No experience))

Questions:
1. From what I have mentioned above. Is it safe to change my spouse from unaccompanied to accompanied ?
2. If It is fine to do the above and I do end up changing my wife from unaccompanied to accompanied, What will be the process ? How can I do that ?
3. Since I mentioned my wife unaccompanied in both EE profile and OINP application ? Do I have to update OINP department as well about this change ? Will it jeopardize my nomination ?
4. Since I wont be claiming any points for my wife, what document will I need to provide except identity documents and police clearance certificates?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,