+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Spouse accompanying to non accompanying after AOR

wowrenxixi

Apr 26, 2020
Hi all,

My AOR is in June, 2021. While submitting my PR through Provincial Nomination Program, I mentioned my marital status as married and spouse accompanying. Then I got PNP nomination and then submitted to federal government.

However, my husband changed his mind and decided to land Canada maybe 2 years later, as he has been working in another country for the past 15 years. He needs some time resign from the job. That's why I submitted a request through webform changing him non-accompanying and excepting him from biometrics last August. I have been waiting for 5 months without any progress with my case. IRCC agent told me my request to change my husband's application status has been received and the current status of my case is still criminality check in progress, as my husband hasn't provided biometrics.

My question is should my husband still provide biometrics after I submitted the request changing him non- accompanying? If he doesn't, will my case get stuck? And if he provides biometrics now, will this cause any negative impact on my case?

Can anyone please shed some light into this? Thanks!

PS: My 10 year old son is accompanying with me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

My AOR is in June, 2021. While submitting my PR through Provincial Nomination Program, I mentioned my marital status as married and spouse accompanying. Then I got PNP nomination and then submitted to federal government.

However, my husband changed his mind and decided to land Canada maybe 2 years later, as he has been working in another country for the past 15 years. He needs some time resign from the job. That's why I submitted a request through webform changing him non-accompanying and excepting him from biometrics last August. I have been waiting for 5 months without any progress with my case. IRCC agent told me my request to change my husband's application status has been received and the current status of my case is still criminality check in progress, as my husband hasn't provided biometrics.

My question is should my husband still provide biometrics after I submitted the request changing him non- accompanying? If he doesn't, will my case get stuck? And if he provides biometrics now, will this cause any negative impact on my case?

Can anyone please shed some light into this? Thanks!

PS: My 10 year old son is accompanying with me.
Your husband must provide biometrics, PCCs and also complete the medical in order for your application to be approved.

He should complete biometrics as soon as possible.

wowrenxixi

Apr 26, 2020
Your husband must provide biometrics, PCCs and also complete the medical in order for your application to be approved.

He should complete biometrics as soon as possible.
Thank you for your reply. My husband has completed PCCs and medical. Could you please tell me why he must provide biometrics? I am asking this because IRCC has already received my request changing him non-accompanying. IRCC said non-accompanying family members do not need to provide biometrics on twitter in a thread in 2019. I am not sure if this still applies now.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
If I were in your shoes, I would just give the biometrics. It is good for ten years. So, when your husband finally decides to join you, biometrics would be one less thing to worry about. Sooner or later, your husband will have to give it anyway.

But that's just my opinion.

wowrenxixi

Apr 26, 2020
If I were in your shoes, I would just give the biometrics. It is good for ten years. So, when your husband finally decides to join you, biometrics would be one less thing to worry about. Sooner or later, your husband will have to give it anyway.

But that's just my opinion.
Thank you so much for your advice! You're right. It'd be better if he gives biometrics. The problem is the biometric instruction letter has expired for several months. Not sure if it is useful and it will take several month to get a new one I suppose.