+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Spouse Accompanying after Provincial Nomination

vinz1985

Aug 24, 2020
hello, I have a burning question which no one has ever answered.
Part 1: If i mark my spouse as not accompanying and after some days if I get an NOI from a province, will i be able to add my spouse into the provincial application (At the same time change my spouse as accompanying in EE profile)?? Please note, this is before I get ITA from federal government and the official provincial nomination approved.

Part 2 of my question- Lets say my EE profile says "spouse not accompanying" when i get an NOI. And assume I didnt make any change even till i get the provincial nomination and 600 addl points in my EE. Now, can i change my spouse as "Accompanying" in EE profile when it was "Not accompanying" while i was applying for the provincial nomination??

Mohit shera

Jan 5, 2021
Part 1: If i mark my spouse as not accompanying and after some days if I get an NOI from a province, will i be able to add my spouse into the provincial application (At the same time change my spouse as accompanying in EE profile)?? Please note, this is before I get ITA from federal government and the official provincial nomination approved.

Part 2 of my question- Lets say my EE profile says "spouse not accompanying" when i get an NOI. And assume I didnt make any change even till i get the provincial nomination and 600 addl points in my EE. Now, can i change my spouse as "Accompanying" in EE profile when it was "Not accompanying" while i was applying for the provincial nomination??
Bro what decision u took.?? M in same boat. Can u share please

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021

Can you advise which route you took? Did you face any issues?

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021
Yes. So after I changed to spouse accompanying, I got ITA in the following draw. I submitted both mine and my husband's documents in July 2021 and we got PPR in January 2022 without any issue.

Bhaumik164

Feb 10, 2022
Yes. So after I changed to spouse accompanying, I got ITA in the following draw. I submitted both mine and my husband's documents in July 2021 and we got PPR in January 2022 without any issue.
Hi, I am also in the same phase where I have my spouse as "Not accompanying" in my EE profile, as well as in my OINP submission of 7th Dec 2021, so now is it possible to change my spouse as "accompanying" in both EE as well as OINP application? Is there any problem/query expected in the further process?

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021
Hi, I am also in the same phase where I have my spouse as "Not accompanying" in my EE profile, as well as in my OINP submission of 7th Dec 2021, so now is it possible to change my spouse as "accompanying" in both EE as well as OINP application? Is there any problem/query expected in the further process?
Once you receive your OINP nomination, you can go ahead and change your spouse as accompanying in your EE profile. There is no need to change your OINP profile since the nomination is already issued. Please ensure that you have the funds to support yourself and your partner and also note that your spouse will have to submit his/her medicals & biometrics after you receive ITA.

akshaykhadse

Feb 8, 2023
Hello,

I received Notification of Interest on 2nd Feb 2023 for HCP tech Draw. My express entry profile mentions that my wife will not be accompanying me.

Should I follow the same when filing the OINP application?

Can I update my Express Entry profile after I recieve the final nomination that my wife will accompany me?

Do I need to submit an explantion to IRCC and OINP when I update my wife as accompanying?

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have an inquiry about how getting married might affect my eligibility for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

I received the NOI on May 5th, where the minimum cutoff was 475 points. Currently, I have 475 points, but I'm curious about how my Express Entry (EE) profile would be impacted by marriage.

When I calculate my score as a married applicant (without future Spouse's IELTS, she has no work experience, ECA), my points drop to around 456.
I've heard that if Ontario proceeds with the nomination and grants me an additional 600 points, I should be able to include my future wife in my profile.

However, I'm unsure about this because Ontario might recalculate my score after adding my spouse, potentially putting me way below the NOI cutoff range.

If anyone has faced a similar situation, please share your insights. I'm open to adjusting the timing of my marriage based on what would be most advantageous without jeopardizing my nomination.

My status as of today is DIP

akshaykhadse

Feb 8, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have an inquiry about how getting married might affect my eligibility for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

I received the NOI on May 5th, where the minimum cutoff was 475 points. Currently, I have 475 points, but I'm curious about how my Express Entry (EE) profile would be impacted by marriage.

When I calculate my score as a married applicant (without future Spouse's IELTS, she has no work experience, ECA), my points drop to around 456.
I've heard that if Ontario proceeds with the nomination and grants me an additional 600 points, I should be able to include my future wife in my profile.

However, I'm unsure about this because Ontario might recalculate my score after adding my spouse, potentially putting me way below the NOI cutoff range.

If anyone has faced a similar situation, please share your insights. I'm open to adjusting the timing of my marriage based on what would be most advantageous without jeopardizing my nomination.

My status as of today is DIP
Ontario will not recalculate your score after nomination is issued. It would be best if you wait for nomination and 600 points added to your profile. If you get married after the OINP nomination, you just have to inform them and they will include your spouse in your application and inform you that you can take your dependents with you and that nomination certificate only contains the name of the primary applicant. Then you can add your spouse in EE profile.

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
Ontario will not recalculate your score after nomination is issued. It would be best if you wait for nomination and 600 points added to your profile. If you get married after the OINP nomination, you just have to inform them and they will include your spouse in your application and inform you that you can take your dependents with you and that nomination certificate only contains the name of the primary applicant. Then you can add your spouse in EE profile.
Hi Akshay,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am just seeing this now. I am hearing multiple things from folks and hence I am really confused. Should I just email OINP and ask their response? Did you go through a similar process?

I am also thinking of asking this question from a IRCC registered consultant.

Christian1234

Sep 11, 2023
Danke, jetzt verstehe ich. Wenn ich nach meiner Nominierung durch das OINP heirate, werde ich das OINP informieren, und sie werden meinen Ehepartner in meine Bewerbung aufnehmen. Ich kann auch meine Familienangehörigen mitbringen, aber nur der Name des Hauptantragstellers wird auf der Nominierungsbescheinigung aufgeführt. Ich kann dann meine Frau zu meinem Express Entry Profil hinzufügen. Ich danke Ihnen

akshaykhadse

Feb 8, 2023
Hi Akshay,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am just seeing this now. I am hearing multiple things from folks and hence I am really confused. Should I just email OINP and ask their response? Did you go through a similar process?

I am also thinking of asking this question from a IRCC registered consultant.
Apply for OINP with spouse non-accompanying (I think you've already done that). After you receive the nomination certificate, ask OINP if it is okay to add your spouse in EE profile. They will reply you saying that they have added your spouse to OINP application and you can include them in your EE profile.

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
Apply for OINP with spouse non-accompanying (I think you've already done that). After you receive the nomination certificate, ask OINP if it is okay to add your spouse in EE profile. They will reply you saying that they have added your spouse to OINP application and you can include them in your EE profile.
Awesome thanks so much man! Really appreciate it.

And yes you are correct, Since I am still single I have filled out the application as a single applicant. I will get married in Nov-Dec but I should get the nomination before that since I have been in DIP stage for sometime now.