+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing secondary applicant's country of residence when EE file is already processed but decision is pending.

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
As per the recent GCMS notes and web form responses, the processing of my application is already complete, but I have not received PPR yet.

When I submitted my EE profile last year, my wife was residing in India, she moved to U.S with me after my file was already submitted and under processing but we never updated the address ith IRCC. Should I update her present U.S address with IRCC now? Could that delay the process even more, especially when the decision on my application has already been made? If I do not update them, what could be the consequences?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
As per the recent GCMS notes and web form responses, the processing of my application is already complete, but I have not received PPR yet.

When I submitted my EE profile last year, my wife was residing in India, she moved to U.S with me after my file was already submitted and under processing but we never updated the address ith IRCC. Should I update her present U.S address with IRCC now? Could that delay the process even more, especially when the decision on my application has already been made? If I do not update them, what could be the consequences?
You can change the address anytime, it does not affect anything. Changing the address will ensure you can submit the passports within USA when the PPR request is received.

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
So, if we decide not to update the address at this time (mainly just to avoid any hassle this late in the process), will she not be able to submit her passport from U.S when we both receive PPR request? My understanding was that PPR request is received on your IRCC account and then you need to submit your passport to one of the VOs (for e.g. in our case Montreal) so they can send you a CoPR travel doc? is this not the process?

You can change the address anytime, it does not affect anything. Changing the address will ensure you can submit the passports within USA when the PPR request is received.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
So, if we decide not to update the address at this time (mainly just to avoid any hassle this late in the process), will she not be able to submit her passport from U.S when we both receive PPR request? My understanding was that PPR request is received on your IRCC account and then you need to submit your passport to one of the VOs (for e.g. in our case Montreal) so they can send you a CoPR travel doc? is this not the process?
Yes. you are right about the process; however, depending on the address on file, they will ask you submit the passport at a specific office. Therefore, if you do not do this now, it is possible they will send you an email request you to submit your passport in usa and asking your wife to submit it in india (since that is the address they have on record).

At that time, if you request to do the submissions together, they will ask you update the address on file first, and then reissue the request. So, to avoid the bureaucratic hassle, it is best to do it now.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-spouse-and-my-passport-for-ppr-in-different-countries.532161/