Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
Hi there. I am currently studying a 2 years program in Manitoba, but have been considering to finish it at 1 year, since my program allows to get a Certificate in 1 year.
My wife is working a full-time job and we are considering applying for PR through her, after she has worked for 6 months (if the new changes don't come into effect before then). She would be working 6 months full-time by the first week of June and I would finish the first year of school at the end of August.
What are the chances of getting a post-graduate permit while we wait for the MPNP to respond? Thank you

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
Anyone, anything? Please and thank you

omarreyes

Mar 26, 2018
i am under the same situation as you, but in toronto..
what i want to know is if i change from my program (currently 2 years, not yet started, it starts in september) to a 1 year program, what will happen with the validity of our permits (study permit in my case, work permit in my wife's case) since they were approved for a 2 year validity period.
please anyone!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is no issue, you need to update immigration if you change schools but there is no limitation. I believe study permit will expire 90 days after receiving confirmation of graduation. PGWP will be for 1 year only.

Reactions: Al Saudi

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
in support to what @bongoman has said, if you switching course.. you don't have to notify CIC but only if you changing school. And if based on an assumption if your wife didn't get a PR approved, just know that your 1yrs PGWP after a 1yr course MIGHT not be enough for PR but given to the regulation of Manitoba of 6months of work experience in applying for a PR.. you can decide to do what you intend to do what why not just be patient and complete your 2yrs course and let your spouse continue working, after which upon graduation, you can make better plans with backup of option A and B

Reactions: Al Saudi