+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing of School and Program before Landing in Canada.

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi Sir,

Just want to verify this, is it feasible to change a school and program before landing in Canada?. Will there be a problem of the issuance of study permit at the point of entry in Canada due to changes in school and program? Are we able secure a study permit on this kind of set-up?.. Thank you so much in advance.

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi Sir,

Just want to verify this, is it feasible to change a school and program before landing in Canada?. Will there be a problem of the issuance of study permit at the point of entry in Canada due to changes in school and program? Are we able secure a study permit on this kind of set-up?.. Thank you so much in advance.
Better do it after landing. Less hassle. Lot of threads on this. Search using google

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Better do it after landing. Less hassle. Lot of threads on this. Search using google
Hi Sir,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have read in some threads that it is recommended to do it after landing in canada. But what confuses me is that I have already been admitted to the program and have recieved LOA of both schools. Both schools have tuition fee deadline on december 6 and 11, 2017 respectively. And my intended flight will be on Jan. 4, 2018. So the case is, since I plan to change program and school, I will not be paying the tuition fee of School A (used for securing an approved student visa), which leads me to being withdrawn in the program and instead pay the full tuition fee of school B. So when I get to the point of entry and show them the LOA of School A instead of school B (planned school to transfer). Will there be any problem to the issuance of study permit at point of entry? Will they know that I am already withdrawn in the program of School A?. Can you correct me on this sir as this is making me confused. I really like to transfer to school B, but both schools have the same month of due date. I dont like to fee both schools as it cost to much.

Your insights are much valued. Thank you

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi Sir,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have read in some threads that it is recommended to do it after landing in canada. But what confuses me is that I have already been admitted to the program and have recieved LOA of both schools. Both schools have tuition fee deadline on december 6 and 11, 2017 respectively. And my intended flight will be on Jan. 4, 2018. So the case is, since I plan to change program and school, I will not be paying the tuition fee of School A (used for securing an approved student visa), which leads me to being withdrawn in the program and instead pay the full tuition fee of school B. So when I get to the point of entry and show them the LOA of School A instead of school B (planned school to transfer). Will there be any problem to the issuance of study permit at point of entry? Will they know that I am already withdrawn in the program of School A?. Can you correct me on this sir as this is making me confused. I really like to transfer to school B, but both schools have the same month of due date. I dont like to fee both schools as it cost to much.

Your insights are much valued. Thank you
I am unable to find a thread here on Canadavisa where someone had same dilemma as yours and they were
able to change before landing.

My guess is that you may have to involve CIC for such a transfer. I mean rather than mere online DLI transfer
you may have to submit your other LOA and withdraw from previous program. Just guessing...other more experienced
members can help you more.

Can't you travel before say end of November and then just do withdraw and online DLI change which is much more
convenient and easy.

All the best.

Aug 12, 2020
I am in this same dilemma. I would love to know what you ever did? Did you change your program before landing? we're you still.issued with the study permit ? I am so confused on what to do.