waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Hello boys and girls,

Got my COPR 2 months ago and I'm planning to land in few months. I was thinking to change my last name to my husbands (keep in mind that I am the principal applicant) before landing, since probably it would be easier to do it now than after I land.
I emailed my VO but their reply was a joke: "Visa details cannot be changed. This document was issued according to information provided on your passport". They wouldn't even bother to tell me what should I do if I decide to change it.
Does anyone know 100% how it works in such a case?

Thank you for your time and help :)

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Thalia said:
Hello boys and girls,

Got my COPR 2 months ago and I'm planning to land in few months. I was thinking to change my last name to my husbands (keep in mind that I am the principal applicant) before landing, since probably it would be easier to do it now than after I land.
I emailed my VO but their reply was a joke: "Visa details cannot be changed. This document was issued according to information provided on your passport". They wouldn't even bother to tell me what should I do if I decide to change it.

I sujjest you not to change your last name for now .
As changing name means you will get new passport , which means your Copr will became invalid , also they may ask you for new police certificate as PC is stamped on your passport and contain PP no.

Best is just endorsed husband name in old passport and once you land Ca you can change name .

By the way , we got new born baby after we land Ca this month ,
My wife got her married sur name (my sur name ) everywhere like her passport, DL, health card and pR doc. Still my baby birth certificate got her Madian name (not current surname) also if you see Child Ca passport form, that just need Madian surname of mother , they dont even need her current surname anywhere .

I recommend that you dont change your surname till you land here. As you already got yours and yours husband COPR.

All the best .

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thalia said:
Hello boys and girls,

hi Thalia ,dont get your last name changed at this point .first of all land with your family here,then it is very easy to change your name here in Canada
http://www.ontario.ca/government/search-results?query=name+change&op=Search
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/007-11155E~3/$File/11155E.pdf

Happy holidays

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Thalia said:
Hello boys and girls,