Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
I sent my application to sponsor my spouse to Mississauga in January 2015, it has not been processed yet. I would like to move to another province with a new address and job, I am not sure if I need to inform the CIC because the information on the forms I sent relates to me living and working in my current province. Would it mean my application would be returned, rejected, delayed or simply those details changed without a problem.

Thankyou

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
realismsleeve said:
I sent my application to sponsor my spouse to Mississauga in January 2015, it has not been processed yet. I would like to move to another province with a new address and job, I am not sure if I need to inform the CIC because the information on the forms I sent relates to me living and working in my current province. Would it mean my application would be returned, rejected, delayed or simply those details changed without a problem.

Thankyou
Many people change work and residence while the process is happening,
Immigration expect to be informed of any important changes...,
but at this time it looks like you don't have a file number yet.
You will need to wait for Sponsor Approval, because only then you will have
the file number.
When you get sponsor approval you can inform them about your change of address
and also change of work.

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Awesomeg said:
Many people change work and residence while the process is happening,
Immigration expect to be informed of any important changes...,
but at this time it looks like you don't have a file number yet.
You will need to wait for Sponsor Approval, because only then you will have
the file number.
When you get sponsor approval you can inform them about your change of address
and also change of work.
Thankyou, yes January 2015 applicants such as me will not get our files opened until about April we think so it is sitting in a pile in Mississauga at the moment:) I will therefore move to my new job and province and once I get sponsor approval inform the CIC. Thankyou for your help

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Your change of work is not important. As long as your employment info at the time you submitted the application was accurate, that is all that matters. No need to even update CIC on this.

The change of address IS important. So make sure as soon as you get a new address, you update CIC with it. Even during stage 1 approval in CPC-Mississauga, they sometimes mail the sponsor approval to address on file.

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Rob_TO said:
Your change of work is not important. As long as your employment info at the time you submitted the application was accurate, that is all that matters. No need to even update CIC on this.

The change of address IS important. So make sure as soon as you get a new address, you update CIC with it. Even during stage 1 approval in CPC-Mississauga, they sometimes mail the sponsor approval to address on file.
Thankyou for the information, my main concern was whether changing these details would mean my application may be returned or I would need to resend application forms, it seems like by calling them they can change the information on their computers and the application just continues. I will contact them once I have a file number to notify them of an address change.

Thankyou

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
realismsleeve said:
Thankyou for the information, my main concern was whether changing these details would mean my application may be returned or I would need to resend application forms, it seems like by calling them they can change the information on their computers and the application just continues. I will contact them once I have a file number to notify them of an address change.

Thankyou
As I said, your employment info is not important and you don't need to inform CIC if you change jobs during the process.

The only detail you need to change is your address, and that will not cause anything to be returned. They will simply update your address in their system. Once you have your file number you should be able to change your address via a case-specific email to the visa office (I don't think there is a specific form to change address but am not certain).

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Rob_TO said:
As I said, your employment info is not important and you don't need to inform CIC if you change jobs during the process.

The only detail you need to change is your address, and that will not cause anything to be returned. They will simply update your address in their system. Once you have your file number you should be able to change your address via a case-specific email to the visa office (I don't think there is a specific form to change address but am not certain).
Excellent, thankyou for your help, it was deeply appreciated.