+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing institution at the post-secondary level

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
I want to ask , if one chooses to change college and change level of eduation(from Post econdary to post graduate), I know they should notify CIC about it….

But, is this an application/asking for permission….or is it just a notification for their records?

meaning…can this change be approved/disapproved or just a norification?

Experienced members please help me with this…thank you very much :)

=====================================================================

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

If you applied for a study permit to attend a post-secondary institution after June 1, 2014, you must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account every time you change institutions. You are not required to apply for a new study permit when changing institutions that are at the same level of study (e.g., from a college to a university).

For example, you must notify CIC if you submit a letter of acceptance from the University of Ottawa when you apply for your study permit but then transfer to Carleton University once you arrive in Canada.

You are not required to notify CIC when you change institution if:

you applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
you were issued a study permit to attend an institution at the primary or secondary level; or
you obtained a study permit as the family member of a study or work permit holder (i.e., you were not required to submit a letter of acceptance when applying for a study permit).
Get step-by-step instructions on how to notify CIC that you have changed DLI’s using your MyCIC account.

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,
Following up on this issue...

I would like to add that, I have changed my university by myself since on study permit it says "Any post secondary institution"

However, there is a BIG problem

When I login to myCIC,
I can neither link my application nor transfer my DLI#

It just says - no matching application found.

Note that I applied OFFLINE paper based for visa under Indian SPP category, and not online in myCIC account.

However, even after putting in my UCI# and Application#, I am unable to link my application to my profile since micic is not able to find my application..

Can someone please help me with this?

Its really urgent :/

Please help me...

Thank you..

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
I emailed them about the issue they told me what to put exactly inside the website...and it was solved.

Their response can take upto a week so be patient

cgystudent

Oct 18, 2016
Hey Brother
I have same issue. Micic shows no match found. Can you please provide me the email address where i should inquire cic about it?
Also what info they provide you ? Was it start or end date ?

Thanks

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
cgystudent said:
Hey Brother
I have same issue. Micic shows no match found. Can you please provide me the email address where i should inquire cic about it?
Also what info they provide you ? Was it start or end date ?

Thanks
cgystudent said:
Hi
I have a problem informing cic about my change of institution. I saw your previous quotes and i think you encountered same problem. Can you please provide me brief step by step procedure to get this fixed.
I shall be really thankful to you.
Hi, on the website there is a way to report technical error, do that they will get back to you via email in few days, I did that they sent me all my info in proper format - I entered it and it worked!

My mistake was I was not using my proper name(I dont remember maybe I should have used my father's name/or not used it I dont remember well)

Just report technical error and tell them to send you your full profile info in notes and it should work..

Good luck mates!

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
Please reply if anyone knows:
1. Study permit approved from CHC Chd on 15 Oct 2016 ( Conestoga College, Ontario PG Dip in Mob Sol Dev 02 yrs ) for Jan 2017 intake

2. Got Acceptance for Masters in Applied Computer Science from Concordia University, Quebec on 25 Oct 2016 for Jan 2017 intake.

3. Wants to join Concordia now.

4. Viable options for me are as under:

a) Complete the formalities like registration with $ 250 and apply for CAQ and then request for Change of DLI
to CIC Here in India.

Or

b) After getting CAQ approval went to Montreal and got DLI changed at POE to Concordia from Conestoga after showing the Acceptance letter, CAQ approval.

Or

c) Go to Toronto get study permit for Conestoga apply for withdrawl and fee refund then Join Concordia.

4. Requesting good suggestions from enlightened members please and should I deposit $ 1000 in GIC as per QUEBEC requirements.

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
Kulwinder66 said:
Please reply if anyone knows:
1. Study permit approved from CHC Chd on 15 Oct 2016 ( Conestoga College, Ontario PG Dip in Mob Sol Dev 02 yrs ) for Jan 2017 intake

2. Got Acceptance for Masters in Applied Computer Science from Concordia University, Quebec on 25 Oct 2016 for Jan 2017 intake.

3. Wants to join Concordia now.

4. Viable options for me are as under:

a) Complete the formalities like registration with $ 250 and apply for CAQ and then request for Change of DLI
to CIC Here in India.

Or

b) After getting CAQ approval went to Montreal and got DLI changed at POE to Concordia from Conestoga after showing the Acceptance letter, CAQ approval.

Or

c) Go to Toronto get study permit for Conestoga apply for withdrawl and fee refund then Join Concordia.

4. Requesting good suggestions from enlightened members please and should I deposit $ 1000 in GIC as per QUEBEC requirements.

I wouldn't take any chances in India just cause you never know how and who much helping immigration/visa officers in India can be. I would rather get CAQ approval and request for change of DLI at POE.

It is your choice though, you have to pick and choose between the options.

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
dhaliwal_randhawa said:
I wouldn't take any chances in India just cause you never know how and who much helping immigration/visa officers in India can be. I would rather get CAQ approval and request for change of DLI at POE.

It is your choice though, you have to pick and choose between the options.
Thanks for clearing my doubts. One more thing which I would like to be cleared if should I have to deposit $ 1000 extra in my GIC as I am going transfering my DLI from Ontario to Quebec.