+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing institution after june 1, 2014 & got study permit on December 5th, 2013

numair782

Sep 26, 2013
Hi, it would be a pleasure to get the answer of this question. please assist.
do i have to apply for new study permit. to change the condition limiting me to attend specific university. because
i am an international student in Canada. i am currently holding a valid study permit which i got in december last year. for university of regina. according to a condition on my study permit, it only allows me to study in university of regina. "learning institution=university of Regina" now i want to change my institution. i.e from M.Eng electronics engineering at uRegina to M.Eng. engineering management at uOttawa.

there is a link on cic website, stating that "I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?"
answer:
for "Post-secondary student
You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
However, you must notify CIC via your MyCIC account when you are transferring from one designated learning institution to another, even if it is at the same level of study."
according to new policy, announced for students who get their study permit on or after june 1, 2014. those students can change their institution or even their program by just updating their mycic account online. but as i have a study permit which i took before june 1, 2014. what should i do to change my institution with this study permit allowing me to study at u of Regina.
any comment would be precious. please assist.
Regards,
Muhammad